• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Wings Sign UFA Malte Stromwall

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

25 year old RH forward. Has played well in the KHL and Liiga

Does anyone know the song and band from this video? I unironically love it. 

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The rebuild starts today.

He's probably somewhere between a Fabian Brunnstrom and a Damien Brunner. 

Perhaps the timing of this signing indicates Yzerman is preparing to sell off some forwards in the near future? I can only hope. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Does anyone know the song and band from this video? I unironically love it. 

1st song: Dance Macabre - Ghost (band)

2nd song: Viternoll2 - Kent (band)

3rd song: When you were young - The killers (band)

Just to elaborate more on the player, he has played EVERYWHERE.

Allvenskan
SHL
Liiga
KHL
WHL
ECHL
AHL
International

He excelled in the WHL and Allvenskan (lower leagues) early in his career. Went undrafted, but was eventually signed by the Rangers. He struggled in the AHL for the Rangers, got reassigned to the ECHL, then left to return to Europe. When he got back to Europe his play exploded.

Prior to his AHL stint he had just 14 pts in 87 games in Swedens top league, the SHL. After his AHL stint he had 77 pts in 89 games in the Liiga, Finlands top league. Now he's stepped up to the KHL where he has 36 pts in 44 games. Translation factor wise that equates to about a 50 pt season in a full NHL season.

Don't wanna pump this kid up too much cause he's likely nothing special, but Yzerman has a very good track record at bringing in undrafted talent. Yanni Gourde for example.

48 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just to elaborate more on the player, he has played EVERYWHERE.

Allvenskan
SHL
Liiga
KHL
WHL
ECHL
AHL
International

He excelled in the WHL and Allvenskan (lower leagues) early in his career. Went undrafted, but was eventually signed by the Rangers. He struggled in the AHL for the Rangers, got reassigned to the ECHL, then left to return to Europe. When he got back to Europe his play exploded.

Prior to his AHL stint he had just 14 pts in 87 games in Swedens top league, the SHL. After his AHL stint he had 77 pts in 89 games in the Liiga, Finlands top league. Now he's stepped up to the KHL where he has 36 pts in 44 games. Translation factor wise that equates to about a 50 pt season in a full NHL season.

Don't wanna pump this kid up too much cause he's likely nothing special, but Yzerman has a very good track record at bringing in undrafted talent. Yanni Gourde for example.

Sounds like a guy who cant adapt to smaller North American ice.

19 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I presume this is a depth move to bolster GR after the deadline when we start calling up young guys.  Wouldn't read too much into it.

I'd like to think Yzerman found another diamond in the rough here. He had a lot of success with such endeavors in Tampa. But then he signed and pissed away Kaski - who has 15 pts in 20 games now for the Charlotte Checkers - for some nobody named Kyle Wood. Doesn't exactly feel like he knows what hes doing here right now.

Besides drafting Seider (which ppl speculate Holland would have done anyway) and trading for Fabbri, Yzerman has done nothing for this team and I think it hurt it in a lot of ways. Needs to have a BIG TDL, draft, and free agency, or I'm gonna poop on his jersey and broadcast it on the discord.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'd like to think Yzerman found another diamond in the rough here. He had a lot of success with such endeavors in Tampa. But then he signed and pissed away Kaski - who has 15 pts in 20 games now for the Charlotte Checkers - for some nobody named Kyle Wood. Doesn't exactly feel like he knows what hes doing here right now.

Besides drafting Seider (which ppl speculate Holland would have done anyway) and trading for Fabbri, Yzerman has done nothing for this team and I think it hurt it in a lot of ways. Needs to have a BIG TDL, draft, and free agency, or I'm gonna poop on his jersey and broadcast it on the discord.

Not sure if serious?  Yzerman has done nothing for this team?  What the heck do you expect him to have accomplished by now.  Drafting Seider, which early indications are positive, and bring in Fabbri for a bag of pucks are two huge moves.

7 hours ago, greenrebellion said:

Not sure if serious?  Yzerman has done nothing for this team?  What the heck do you expect him to have accomplished by now.  Drafting Seider, which early indications are positive, and bring in Fabbri for a bag of pucks are two huge moves.

Adam Erne. Big fail.

Brendan Perlini. Big fail.

Kyle Wood. Big fail.

Eric Comrie. Big fail.

No waiver claims. Big Fail.

Yzerman is a wanker. And the teams only gotten worse under his management. 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Adam Erne. Big fail.

Brendan Perlini. Big fail.

Kyle Wood. Big fail.

Eric Comrie. Big fail.

No waiver claims. Big Fail.

Yzerman is a wanker. And the teams only gotten worse under his management. 

Dude could never get it done on the ice. Had to have Gallant do his dirty work for him. Now that he's a GM and he's being BADLY EXPOSED, he's going to go running and crying to Gallant once again, just like old times. "Please, Mr. Spudz, get me out of this horrible mess I've made!" Disgraceful!

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Dude could never get it done on the ice. Had to have Gallant do his dirty work for him. Now that he's a GM and he's being BADLY EXPOSED, he's going to go running and crying to Gallant once again, just like old times. "Please, Mr. Spudz, get me out of this horrible mess I've made!" Disgraceful!

In fairness to Yzerman hes just a puppet of the man behind the curtain: James Devellano. Nothing will change until that string puller is gone. 

I am warming up to the Gallant plan though. He seems to be tough enough to assuage my need for a hard ass behind the bench. And hes proggressive enough to make the normies happy. Thats a compromise i can make. (But i still pray for the 2nd coming of he who should not be named)

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

In fairness to Yzerman hes just a puppet of the man behind the curtain: James Devellano. Nothing will change until that string puller is gone. 

I am warming up to the Gallant plan though. He seems to be tough enough to assuage my need for a hard ass behind the bench. And hes proggressive enough to make the normies happy. Thats a compromise i can make. (But i still pray for the 2nd coming of he who should not be named)

I honestly don't know what to make of Gallant as a head coach. Ken and Mickey are always saying he's a very player-friendly coach. Is that true? I dunno. If it's true, do we want that? I dunno. Should we be concerned by the fact that he's been unceremoniously canned two straight times now? Possibly. Does his track record indicate that he gets pretty stale pretty quickly? That argument can be made, though it's worth pointing out that the Knights were playing solid hockey under him this season. Can our team play Gallant hockey effectively? I dunno. If not, can Gallant employ the right systems for the team? I dunno.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nothing official has been released. This is just a rumor at this point.

Yeah I think there's some limitation on when he can actually sign a contract cause he's already under contract in the KHL. Like after the TDL or something. I dunno completely just talking here.

Should be changed to Malte Stromwall likely to sign here.