• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

Joe Thornton

Rate this topic

Lets try to discuss a topic that doesnt get everyone fighting. What do you all think happens with Joe Thornton come deadline? Does he stay with SJ and retire? Does he get traded in an attempt to pull a Ray Bourque? Does he go back to Boston? He doesnt have the impact he used to have, but I think this will be an intriguing story come next Monday.

46 minutes ago, kliq said:

Lets try to discuss a topic that doesnt get everyone fighting. What do you all think happens with Joe Thornton come deadline? Does he stay with SJ and retire? Does he get traded in an attempt to pull a Ray Bourque? Does he go back to Boston? He doesnt have the impact he used to have, but I think this will be an intriguing story come next Monday.

As a Swiss, there is some chatter in my country. He is married with a Swiss woman whom he met while playing for Davos during the lockouts. Its her hometown. Word on the street is that he will finish his career in Switzerland.

10 hours ago, Spongewingredpants said:

As a Swiss, there is some chatter in my country. He is married with a Swiss woman whom he met while playing for Davos during the lockouts. Its her hometown. Word on the street is that he will finish his career in Switzerland.

And will probably choke in the playoffs in Switzerland.   

Honestly, unlike Bourque, he doesn't deserve to win the Cup.  In his prime, he underperformed in the  biggest moments.  I hope no contender bothers to acquire him.   

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

And will probably choke in the playoffs in Switzerland.   

Honestly, unlike Bourque, he doesn't deserve to win the Cup.  In his prime, he underperformed in the  biggest moments.  I hope no contender bothers to acquire him.   

ha ha!  Totally agree with you.  Always a bit overrated.  However, unfortunately, his size and experience alone would attract interest from a few playoff caliber teams at the right price AND if he'd be available.  Big body, tons of experience and deep playoff experience, calming veteran influence, still above average passer of the puck, etc.  Someone would want.

36 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

ha ha!  Totally agree with you.  Always a bit overrated.  However, unfortunately, his size and experience alone would attract interest from a few playoff caliber teams at the right price AND if he'd be available.  Big body, tons of experience and deep playoff experience, calming veteran influence, still above average passer of the puck, etc.  Someone would want.

I think Tampa might call for him on Monday.  Wouldnt hurt to have him in case Kuch or Stamkos go down.