• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The 91 of Ryans

2020 Trade Deadline Thread (aka Veleno vs Rasmussen vs Fabbri vs Zadina)

Rate this topic

I think we should be able to get a nice return on Bernier.  Other teams have to see what he's dealing with in Detroit and figure he's worth something.  I mean, he's the only reason we have a slim chance of winning everything night.  When he's not in there its like us forfeiting the game.  Trade Bernier for a pick, let Howard go and start from scratch between the pipes.  I think that's long overdue as it is.

33 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You need 3rd line wingers, and Fabbri would be a great 3rd liner. You can keep saying that you don't see him here long-term, but you have nothing to base that on. Yzerman traded for him, and he's been great thus far. I doubt he's in any rush to move him.

How is a 24 year old skilled winger at all comparable to a 34 year old washed up defenseman? One you keep around through a rebuild. One you trade for whatever you can get.

As for Bernier, trading him for a 3rd would be selling low. Why sell low when there are teams in need of goaltending depth?

Yzerman also traded for erne,perlini,biega etc... whats your point? I dont thknk yzerman wont hesitate to trade anyone if thats what he wants ... i base it on the fact that we have a ton of good kids coming up real soon pushing for spots and god knows what trades he makes or who he signs july 1 , your basing your assumptions of him sticking around over a small sample size of 40 games ,ill stick with my theory of him being pushed out eventually . You dont , all good 

Point with green was his value was higher years ago and we kept waiting to move him and he kept getting hurt ... point is you always sell when a players value is highest ... AA last year at 30 goals is a prime example ... fabbri is doing good and might get a 2nd ... 2-3 years of now maybe hell be worth a 4/5

teams are in need of goaltending depth but there are also way too many goalies available which is why we wouldnt have any trouble replacing bernier

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yzerman also traded for erne,perlini,biega etc... whats your point? I dont thknk yzerman wont hesitate to trade anyone if thats what he wants ... i base it on the fact that we have a ton of good kids coming up real soon pushing for spots and god knows what trades he makes or who he signs july 1 , your basing your assumptions of him sticking around over a small sample size of 40 games ,ill stick with my theory of him being pushed out eventually . You dont , all good 

You're comparing three players that have struggled to a player that has played very well. I didn't say Yzerman wont trade Fabbri (or any player). I said Yzerman is not going to trade low on any player. Reading Fabbri for a late 2nd round pick, is selling low.

If the kids coming up are so good (I don't think they are), let them push him out. Don't trade the player and hope we have something better to replace him...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

You're comparing three players that have struggled to a player that has played very well. I didn't say Yzerman wont trade Fabbri (or any player). I said Yzerman is not going to trade low on any player. Reading Fabbri for a late 2nd round pick, is selling low.

If the kids coming up are so good (I don't think they are), let them push him out. Don't trade the player and hope we have something better to replace him...

Im just saying you always sell a player when their value is high ... always gotta keep an eye out longterm especially with the position this team is in now which is why i was pushing hardcore to move AA last year ... for you its selling low i disagree , no team whos at the bottom will trade an early 2nd for fabbri so it would obviously have to be 46-62 range 

again just disagree  with where we are right now ... keep your core and get as many assets for the rest ... think the diff here is you see him as a core piece where i dont ... we can easily get someone struggling like galchenyuk to play 2nd or 3rd line next year and move him next  deadline as well , smith will be next season possibly , pearson is close ... too many bodies on this team to me moved

and pageau traded to islanders  looks like 

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Point with green was his value was higher years ago and we kept waiting to move him and he kept getting hurt ... point is you always sell when a players value is highest ... AA last year at 30 goals is a prime example ... fabbri is doing good and might get a 2nd ... 2-3 years of now maybe hell be worth a 4/5

teams are in need of goaltending depth but there are also way too many goalies available which is why we wouldnt have any trouble replacing bernier

If Fabbri is eventually "pushed out", trade him at that time. The kid is only gonna get better yet. He plays a responsible game, works his ass off, and has proven over multiple seasons he can score at this level. There is zero reason to trade him now unless someone overpays for him. Otherwise, terrible asset management and merely making moves for the sake of making moves.  Trading him for a 3rd would be idiotic, considering how low of a probability there would be of getting a player in return anywhere close to the level of Fabbri. More picks is lovely, but not at the expense of a 24 year old not even in his prime yet. By your logic, every time a player has a good season we should trade them because their value is high. Idiotic at best. Fabbri's stock will only increase. You keep preaching this small sample size of Fabbri, but the guy has made an impact any time he has played, slowed down only by a couple nasty injuries. Despite that, he is scoring at a career pace on a offensively anaemic team. Common sense says hold on to that. 

Nobody waited to move Green. He was about to land us a first rounder and Holland's poor asset management cost us, as he got hurt right before the deadline. 

If there are so many goalies available, why do so many teams have such garbage goaltending? These always available goalies are simply nowhere near as good as you think they are. 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Im just saying you always sell a player when their value is high ... always gotta keep an eye out longterm especially with the position this team is in now which is why i was pushing hardcore to move AA last year ... for you its selling low i disagree , no team whos at the bottom will trade an early 2nd for fabbri so it would obviously have to be 46-62 range 

again just disagree  with where we are right now ... keep your core and get as many assets for the rest ... think the diff here is you see him as a core piece where i dont ... we can easily get someone struggling like galchenyuk to play 2nd or 3rd line next year and move him next  deadline as well , smith will be next season possibly , pearson is close ... too many bodies on this team to me moved

and pageau traded to islanders  looks like 

f*** we better trade Mantha, Hronek, and Seider then. All three might not be as good next year. 

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Who the hell ever thought namestnikov was good lol

I have it on good authority that he's about to get a 5.5m by 6 year contract.

Edit: Pageau to the Islanders for conditional 1st, 2nd, 3rd. 

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

this sucks!

No TSN, No NHL Network! Fricking NBCSN is showing Pro FootBall Talk! WTH!!!

Get TSN direct for the day. It's $5 CDN. If you're in the states, just use a VPN on your browser and set it to Canada.

Edited by marcaractac

Just now, marcaractac said:

If Fabbri is eventually "pushed out", trade him at that time. The kid is only gonna get better yet. He plays a responsible game, works his ass off, and has proven over multiple seasons he can score at this level. There is zero reason to trade him now unless someone overpays for him. Otherwise, terrible asset management and merely making moves for the sake of making moves.  Trading him for a 3rd would be idiotic, considering how low of a probability there would be of getting a player in return anywhere close to the level of Fabbri. More picks is lovely, but not at the expense of a 24 year old not even in his prime yet. By your logic, every time a player has a good season we should trade them because their value is high. Idiotic at best. Fabbri's stock will only increase. You keep preaching this small sample size of Fabbri, but the guy has made an impact any time he has played, slowed down only by a couple nasty injuries. Despite that, he is scoring at a career pace on a offensively anaemic team. Common sense says hold on to that. 

Nobody waited to move Green. He was about to land us a first rounder and Holland's poor asset management cost us, as he got hurt right before the deadline. 

If there are so many goalies available, why do so many teams have such garbage goaltending? These always available goalies are simply nowhere near as good as you think they are. 

Like i said you always trade high  ... think everyones getting way too excited over a small sample size 

Not every player , we’re a rebuilding team so you always have to look ahead and i dont see fabbri as a core guy and here in 3-4 yrs . Fabbri’s stock will only increase in your opinion ... we land lafraniere and zadina is up hes already dropped to the 3rd line

anyways agree to disagree 

Dude lehner,greiss is available july 1 , georgiev is available by trade ... theres alot of goalies lets not get fooled cause bernier is having a good season 

and wtf sens got a 1,2,3 for pageau from nyi 

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

f*** we better trade Mantha, Hronek, and Seider then. All three might not be as good next year. 

Your an idiot

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I have it on good authority that he's about to get a 5.5m by 6 year contract.

Edit: Pageau to the Islanders for conditional 1st, 2nd, 3rd. 

LOLLL ya okkkkk at most hes getting 3 yrs , 4 if hes f***en lucky

crazy return for the sens