• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The 91 of Ryans

2020 Trade Deadline Thread (aka Veleno vs Rasmussen vs Fabbri vs Zadina)

Rate this topic

Blashill is a big mess

No doubt, he'll be gone after this year.

Bernier is not special

He's not special, but I'd bet we don't win another game this year, if he's gone.

Yzerman couldn't even get a first for AA

I like AA, but he's been injured, hasn't produced when he is in the lineup and is currently a -45.  You're not getting a first for that.

We basically traded Mike Green for Adam Erne
He pissed away Regula and Kaski for nothing
He pissed away Eric Comrie and Saarijarvi for nothing

They might not be worth anything.  If they end up decent players, then yeah, they were bad moves, but we don't know anything at this time.  The rebuild isn't exactly getting set back any length of time because of these moves.

He's kept Cholowski in the NHL despite the player having no business being there yet, possibly hindering his development
He committed 12 million dollars to a 4th line Filppula and a #6 Dman in Nemeth

This is an evaluation year.  He wants to know what he has and what he doesn't.  Cholo is either going to sink or swim and Stevie wants to know now.  Not sure why he likes Flip or Nemeth, but its his job to know them better than us.

And the team sux to a record level the moment he took charge

He said from day one to be patient.  He's not going to Ken Holland this, he wants to rebuild from the ground up, through the draft.  That's going to take time.  He could have changed the coach, called some people up, benched under performing vets, made trades throughout the season to replace the lost offensive production of Mantha and AA and they could have finished with the 5th or 6th worst record in hockey.  Its been a tough year to be sure, but they can only get better from this point forward and they'll get better by doing the right things.  

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Athanasiou would be more valuable as the team adds talent / improves, but Fabbri will be less valuable as the team adds talent improves... Yeah, okay...

If Athanasiou re-signed, and plays a full season on McDavid's wing, he could possibly hit 40 goals. So what? He wasn't going to get that same opportunity here, and for good reason.

Kuffner is a borderline AHL player...

You love fabbri ... we get it

Wasnt getting that opportunity here cause our coach is a moron who put him grinders , he’s gone and AA would have had a better role next season

im not expecting anything out of kuffner , was a joke 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You love fabbri ... we get it

Nope. I just don't share your irrational hate...

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Wasnt getting that opportunity here cause our coach is a moron who put him grinders , he’s gone and AA would have had a better role next season

Umm no, it's because we dont have a Connor McDavid.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Nope. I just don't share your irrational hate...

Umm no, it's because we dont have a Connor McDavid.

No hate , just realistic  ... AA’s more talented winger than him and will bounce back in edm ... nothing to do with mcdavid if he was here under a new coach next season and gave him actual linemates hed get 30 again

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Maybe he put AA with grinders all the time because he was that bad defensively and needed to compensate.  

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Does Yzerman know that he doesn't have to only make trades with EDM?

Also, I thought Holland was supposed to be a horrible GM.

If you're referring to the two 2nds and the 4th he gave up in over payment for our scrubs then yes. 

Also, the fact that this team is soooo bad yet can't properly sell because that old man left Yzerman with nothing to work with. Pretty horrible yeah.l 

This trade doesnt have me mad that we got rid of AA.  It has me mad that we got rid of AA at a low point in his stock value.  He was worth more than what he fetched over the course of last summer.  Not very savvy from Stevie to wait til a "30 goal scorer" looks like a defensive liability lockerroom cancer and then offer him up for mid to high 2nd round picks.

2 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

No doubt, he'll be gone after this year.

Then why hold on to him? What's the benefit of keeping a clearly defeated horrible coach in the room? There isn't one. He's presiding over a record bad season, his players seem to have no confidence in him or themselves, and Yzerman has done nothing about this. Many other teams have fired coaches for far less this season. And yet Jeff is allowed to keep stirring his dump heap.

6 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

He's not special, but I'd bet we don't win another game this year, if he's gone.

Oh thank god we have Bernier. Now the last 18 games will be 5-13-0 instead of 2-16-0. Thank god.

As if winning matters anyway. The season is shot. Get your picks. Winning means nothing.

13 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

They might not be worth anything.  If they end up decent players, then yeah, they were bad moves, but we don't know anything at this time.  The rebuild isn't exactly getting set back any length of time because of these moves

You know it, I know it. If Ken Holland had traded Regula for Perlini, or made any of these other pointless losing trades, folks would be pulling their hair out demanding Holland's head. But it's Yzerman and everyone has so much blood rushing out of their brains and into their boners over this guy that everyone just looks the other way on objectively bad trades.

Yzerman should be held to the same level of accountability that Holland was. No free passes.

18 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

This is an evaluation year.  He wants to know what he has and what he doesn't.  Cholo is either going to sink or swim and Stevie wants to know now.  Not sure why he likes Flip or Nemeth, but its his job to know them better than us.

True or false? You're full of excuses?

Cholo sunk about two weeks into the season. This player clearly needs possibly multiple years of AHL development yet.

Are you giving the Yzerman-pass on Nemeth and Fil then too? IDK why Holland signed Abdelkader to that ridiculous deal, but its his job to know better than us...

23 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

He said from day one to be patient.  He's not going to Ken Holland this, he wants to rebuild from the ground up, through the draft.  That's going to take time.  He could have changed the coach, called some people up, benched under performing vets, made trades throughout the season to replace the lost offensive production of Mantha and AA and they could have finished with the 5th or 6th worst record in hockey.  Its been a tough year to be sure, but they can only get better from this point forward and they'll get better by doing the right things. 

So grade the season then

7 minutes ago, amato said:

Okay, I'm confused too. How the hell did Barclay Goodrow fetch a first?? I'll admit I don't know a ton past he was their hero against Vegas, but his stats are pretty lackluster to say the least. Anyone have any insight? 

Tampa’s probably trying to be more of a playoff team but its a ridiculous price , cheap salary for next year as well as coleman but f***en hell id have gladly dealt luke at 50% and a 3rd for that pick . Makes no sense tampa paid that