• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The 91 of Ryans

2020 Trade Deadline Thread (aka Veleno vs Rasmussen vs Fabbri vs Zadina)

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, amato said:

Okay, I'm confused too. How the hell did Barclay Goodrow fetch a first?? I'll admit I don't know a ton past he was their hero against Vegas, but his stats are pretty lackluster to say the least. Anyone have any insight? 

...still doesn't make a whole helluva lot of sense.  Plus w/ that 1st for Goodrow they traded Foote too?

Edited by e_prime

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

"Trading Holland's Scrubs back to Holland is hard"

Without Holland we would have zero TDL deals. The guys is still helping Detroit.

Watching the presser. "Everything that coulda gone wrong went wrong" "The season sorta just flew by"

Guy is a joke. He should stand up there and repeatedly shrug. He has no idea what he's doing.

Hard not to be disappointed here.  Not sure what the plan is.  I don't know why you'd sell this low on AA. The trade was fair value for the season he's having, but you'd have to expect a rebound going forward.  I don't know why you wouldn't put any/all of Helm, Glen, Bernier, Fabbri out there if "we need as many picks as possible" really is your strategy.  Adding two seconds and a fourth over two drafts isn't really going to cut it.

Honestly I think the right course of action may be to sell off all the 25 year old guys (Mantha, Bert, AA) and go forward with a new core of (Larkin, Zadina, Veleno, Ras, Hronek, Seider) and a bunch of 1st and 2nd rounders.  I just don't see us getting out of this drafting only once in the 1st round each year.  We need multiple 1sts like Ottawa has acquired.

Also have to get SOMETHING for Helm, Glendening, and DK at some point.  If you're not willing to trade good younger players, and you're not willing to trade good older players, and you can't trade bad players, then I'm not sure what your hoping to get for whoever is left.

Edited by kipwinger

17 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Sounds like Yzerman may be planning on keeping Blashill after this season per the interview going on now.  This is great news!  I'm a big Blashill fan and think he can do great things with a better roster.

Thats just nonsense talk , hes fired at the end of the season and replaced with gallant

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Honestly I think the right course of action may be to sell off all the 25 year old guys (Mantha, Bert, AA) and go forward with a new core of (Larkin, Zadina, Veleno, Ras, Hronek, Seider) and a bunch of 1st and 2nd rounders.  I just don't see us getting out of this drafting only once in the 1st round each year.  We need multiple 1sts like Ottawa and NYR have acquired.

Also have to get SOMETHING for Helm, Glendening, and DK at some point.  If you're not willing to trade good younger players, and you're not willing to trade good older players, and you can't trade bad players, then I'm not sure what your hoping to get for whoever is left.

Presser still going, but Yzerman appears to have no plan.

Or his plan is to just do nothing and wait for draft picks, if you consider that a plan. Patience, patience, patience, patience, aka tolerate my losing for the next 10 years while I sit back and make small meaningless tweaks

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Or his plan is to just do nothing and wait for draft picks, if you consider that a plan. Patience, patience, patience, patience, aka tolerate my losing for the next 10 years while I sit back and make small meaningless tweaks

Along with this draft it should make it 3 really strong drafts, think hes keeping low expectations not to keep people not expecting much but we definetly need to get rid of a s*** ton of awful players on this team and unfortunately our ufa’s this year and next will fetch absolute garbage 

He needs to sign galchenyuk x1 and someone else and hope they bounce back and move them at the deadline , we have nothing worth trading ... glendening,helm,etc... all next year will fetch 4ths ... but yzerman’s been lacklustre thus far

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What else can you possibly do with a trash team with mostly trash contracts.  Draft is the only way back to the top.  Once the team is a bit more competitive, then you can start trading to fill the gaps but for now, it really is all about the draft.

6 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

What else can you possibly do with a trash team with mostly trash contracts.  Draft is the only way back to the top.  Once the team is a bit more competitive, then you can start trading to fill the gaps but for now, it really is all about the draft.

That's understandable, but you need to acquire high value draft picks.  I'm all for drafting and hoping with your late 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks. But the reality is that Yzerman might very well go the rest of his career without finding another Brayden Point in the 3rd round, for instance.  So I don't think that can be the central thrust of your rebuilding philosophy. 

You also need to make those picks count. If you're looking for gems in the 2nd round you need to take guys with boom upside. Antti Tuomisto types just aren't going to cut it. 

Edited by kipwinger

3 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Yes but if thats the case he should be pushing more to make s*** happen if a cap crunched contender like tampa is trading a 1st for a cheap asset for more than one cup run eat 50% off glendening and go for a 2nd if that first isnt available , take on a bad contract(s) if the oilers actually make it to the final 4 we added one pick next draft .... thats not gonna cut it

hate the habs but they have like 15 total picks next draft , we should have added more picks

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Along with this draft it should make it 3 really strong drafts, think hes keeping low expectations not to keep people not expecting much but we definetly need to get rid of a s*** ton of awful players on this team and unfortunately our ufa’s this year and next will fetch absolute garbage 

He needs to sign galchenyuk x1 and someone else and hope they bounce back and move them at the deadline , we have nothing worth trading ... glendening,helm,etc... all next year will fetch 4ths ... but yzerman’s been lacklustre thus far

I was reading the youtube chatbox throughout the presser. The casual fans still seem to think Yzerman will have this team turned around and contending in 2-3 years lmao

Yzerman took on Tampa team with Stamkos, Hedman, St. Louis, and Lecavalier, and it still took him about 5 years to get them to contention.

I'm not 100% convinced this roster has even 1 true cornerstone building block on it.

2 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

This is 3-5 years to make the playoffs, 6-8 years minimum to be a cup contender.  10+ years to win a cup.  Mark my words.

Sure, at this rate. But if so, then why not trade Mantha and Bert for 1st round picks?  Since neither of them work with that timeline?  or Larkin for that matter?

12 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

You can trade high-value players and get high-value picks in return. Yzerman didn't do this.
You can weaponize your cap and collect overpaid contracts in exchange for picks. Yzerman didn't do this.

What did Yzerman do? He sold low on an RFA and got a middling return for a washed up old Dman.

It's not exactly impressive.

If this is the way we will be rebuilding, we will be at this for quite a while.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I was reading the youtube chatbox throughout the presser. The casual fans still seem to think Yzerman will have this team turned around and contending in 2-3 years lmao

Yzerman took on Tampa team with Stamkos, Hedman, St. Louis, and Lecavalier, and it still took him about 5 years to get them to contention.

I'm not 100% convinced this roster has even 1 true cornerstone building block on it.

Fans are delusional , need hope . Yzerman is my fav player of all time but im not gonna pretend hes been amazing so far , we’ve possibly added one single draft pick for next draft

i think we have core guys i just dont know why hes not selling the garbage , if the draft is the way to build you need to add picks not pick. We’re dead last with “good” locker guys like glendening ,helm etc...  f***en move them , people didnt want to move bernier cause hes all we have and we need a goalie , we have him now and still cant win s***  and newsflash yzerman said nobody called for him 

We’re a mess man and we have nothing to trade next deadline as well , sign some guys july 1 with purpose of dealing them next february ... if these guys from this draft and previous two dont hit we’re looking at trading 27/28 yr old mantha/larkin in 3-4 years

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Sure, at this rate. But if so, then why not trade Mantha and Bert for 1st round picks?  Since neither of them work with that timeline?  or Larkin for that matter?

I wouldnt at this point but why not trade glendening? Helm? Nemeth? Filppula? f*** next year , sign guys july 1 , create roster spots ... we aint gonna change s*** through the draft with one single draft pick added

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If you're referring to the two 2nds and the 4th he gave up in over payment for our scrubs then yes. 

Also, the fact that this team is soooo bad yet can't properly sell because that old man left Yzerman with nothing to work with. Pretty horrible yeah.l 

Disagree.

Holland acquired Green for what is most likely going to be a 4th rounder. Green should have gotten an unconditional 2020 3rd round pick.

He also acquired AA without giving up a 1st, and unloaded Sam Gagner's contract in the process.

I think Holland did very well actually.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You can trade high-value players and get high-value picks in return. Yzerman didn't do this.
You can weaponize your cap and collect overpaid contracts in exchange for picks. Yzerman didn't do this.

What did Yzerman do? He sold low on an RFA and got a middling return for a washed up old Dman.

It's not exactly impressive.

If this is the way we will be rebuilding, we will be at this for quite a while.

Definetly pissed we havent been taking bad contracts to get extra assets

Helm,filppula,glendening,nemeth,bernier ... our trade bait next deadline when we’ll inevitably be near the bottom again .... meanwhile rangers,sens popping off 1sts ... we’re gonna suck for a long time unless guys like soderblom explode and pan out

Edited by nyqvististhefuture