• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gcom007

Mike Green Traded to Oilers for Kyle Brodziak and Conditional Pick

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Considering what other defenseman like Andy Greene, Brendon Dillon, and Dylan Demelo got, this is disappointing.  Brodziak is a pending ufa too.

Brodziak is a LTIR dump. He’s done playing.

I was really hoping for at least a conditional 2nd, but I wasn't expecting it. I'm sure Yzerman did his due diligence, and I'm glad this time we got something for him.

I wish him all the best in Edmonton, hopefully they make the final 4 (I'd actually love to see them win the cup).

Edited by kliq

1 minute ago, kliq said:

I was really hoping for at least a conditional 2nd, but I wasn't expecting it. I'm sure Yzerman did his due diligence, and I'm glad this time we got something for him.
I wish him all the best in Edmonton, hopefully they make the final 4 (I'd actually love to see them win the cup).

Edmonton vs Boston...Rematch of 1990.

Red Wings retain 50% of contract. 2020 4th becomes a 2021 3rd if the Oilers make the conference finals this year.

I say this with total candor, I really like Kyle Brodziak. Always thought he was a very good bottom 6 player. If we were in a playoff spot and wanted to add depth I would have been very happy to add this man at one point. Unfortunately we're not in a playoff spot and Brodziak's career is over.

Underwhelming trade, but you take what you can get I guess.

David Pope - Alex Biega
4th - Adam Erne
DLR - Robby Fabbri
Alex Regula - Brandon Perlini
Kaski - Wood
Saarijarvi - Comrie
Green - 4th

Yzerman's trade record

I basically view this as: DLR, Regula, and Green, for Biega and Fabbri.

Yzerman likes to trade for sure, but I wouldn't say he's especially good at it so far. This is another trade that is basically nothing to brag about. Without the Fabbri trade his judgement is very suspect. I realize the trades are minor ones but still...

Mike Green sucks

Mike Green was very bad all season and was getting injured every other game. We should be happy we got 4th possibly 3rd for him. Until last night most people believed he was untradable.  A little sad we are loosing AA tho. 

2 minutes ago, arag said:

Mike Green was very bad all season and was getting injured every other game. We should be happy we got 4th possibly 3rd for him. Until last night most people believed he was untradable.  A little sad we are loosing AA tho. 

100% agree with the Green part. And I'll miss AA if/when he's traded. He's exciting for sure. But me being sad or not will depend on what we get. We need to get a prospect or player that can be a difference maker soon, with plenty of room to grow. That and I'll hope AA goes to another team I like. 

2 minutes ago, amato said:

100% agree with the Green part. And I'll miss AA if/when he's traded. He's exciting for sure. But me being sad or not will depend on what we get. We need to get a prospect or player that can be a difference maker soon, with plenty of room to grow. That and I'll hope AA goes to another team I like. 

Iam hopping we get a 1st rounder and a player/prospect  for AA. Anything less will be highly disappointing. Also hope Larkin gets his s*** together and plays exciting hockey consistently so we don’t have to remember AA if he is traded. 

7 minutes ago, arag said:

Iam hopping we get a 1st rounder and a player/prospect  for AA. Anything less will be highly disappointing. Also hope Larkin gets his s*** together and plays exciting hockey consistently so we don’t have to remember AA if he is traded. 

If we are to get a 1st there probably have to be a cap dump attached to it. Which I believe we are all fine with. 

A week ago, a 3rd or 4th round pick is about all I would have expected for Green. But with the inflated market, I was hoping he would go for a little more, maybe a 3rd (conditional 2nd) round pick. Oh well. Still a good trade in my opinion. Green has been bad, and often injured, so you take what you could get. If we can get a similar return for Daley now, that would be great.

I hope Yzerman is really busy today, and can come away with a couple really good prospect(s) / pick(s)...

4 minutes ago, Hairy Lime said:

Now I'm dreading a little what he might trade AA for. Anything less than a 1st PLUS a decent prospect would be idiocy. I'd much rather keep AA than take a single crapshoot draft pick.

By some accounts AA is a 'problem child' that Grand Master Y isn't willing to put up with, and might take less just to get rid of him.

Man this was a trash trade , realistically this is what we expected but after seeing the prices paid for mediocre dmen previously im dissapointed and i dont know why we couldnt just have done the deal today , cant see how a 4th for green wouldnt have been available at noon today (almost no chance oilers make final 4)

anyways it is what it is , just glad we never have to see mike green again , sadly three years too late

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

If we are to get a 1st there probably have to be a cap dump attached to it. Which I believe we are all fine with. 

Zero need to trade AA if we land a 2nd with some bulls*** final 4= 1st type bs and a teams 7th prospect hard pass man , hold on to him and deal him next deadline

get rid of guys like helm/glendening to create roster spots for kids ... id be more dissapointed if i dont see helm/glendening/nemeth etc... moved we seen guys with an extra year tearm get good deals , if someone offeres a 2nd+ for nemeth send him packing , we’ll worry about next season in the off season 

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Zero need to trade AA if we land a 2nd with some bulls*** final 4= 1st type bs and a teams 7th prospect hard pass man , hold on to him and deal him next deadline

get rid of guys like helm/glendening to create roster spots for kids ... id be more dissapointed if i dont see helm/glendening/nemeth etc... moved we seen guys with an extra year tearm get good deals , if someone offeres a 2nd+ for nemeth send him packing , we’ll worry about next season in the off season 

Zero chance Nemeth gets traded. He's one of the few capable defensemen on our roster.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Zero chance Nemeth gets traded. He's one of the few capable defensemen on our roster.

Might be true but way i see it is were going nowhere next season as well and we can sign someone july 1 like edmundson, seider will be a wing , dekeyser will be healthy .... if someone offers a 2nd+3rd type deal like we previously have seen id trade him in a heartbeat