• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gcom007

Mike Green Traded to Oilers for Kyle Brodziak and Conditional Pick

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

By some accounts AA is a 'problem child' that Grand Master Y isn't willing to put up with, and might take less just to get rid of him.

Yes, but trading off a 25-year-old coming off a 30-goal season for cheap just because he is perceived to be a 'problem child' seems rather silly. Could you imagine if every GM traded a player only because they were viewed as a 'problem child'...Patrick Kane for example?

No, unless multiple assets are involved, and that includes a 1st or a top prospect, then there is really no need to trade him.

I hope Stevie holds out for a great return or does not trade him at all, and I certainly hope he does not sell low, I'd be so disappointed in him, and I don't want that.

very disappointed in the return. 4th round pick? I know the conditions, but Green has to play 50% of their games as well. Holland is not going to allow that. PLUS we retained 50% salary? This pick should've been a conditional 2nd. Also, what was the point of acquiring a player who is on LTIR? Holland could've just kept Brodziak on LTIR himself and it wouldn't have mattered. Edmonton wins this trade. Is this revenge for KFQ?

I agree with all your thoughts, AA better net us a 1st and a prospect or just keep him.

Hopes to Daley, Bernier also going today. I see there may be some interest in disney.com, but honestly I'd rather trade Helm.

Just now, LeftWinger said:

very disappointed in the return. 4th round pick? I know the conditions, but Green has to play 50% of their games as well. Holland is not going to allow that. PLUS we retained 50% salary? This pick should've been a conditional 2nd. Also, what was the point of acquiring a player who is on LTIR? Holland could've just kept Brodziak on LTIR himself and it wouldn't have mattered. Edmonton wins this trade. Is this revenge for KFQ?

I agree with all your thoughts, AA better net us a 1st and a prospect or just keep him.

Hopes to Daley, Bernier also going today. I see there may be some interest in disney.com, but honestly I'd rather trade Helm.

Green was never gonna get us anything. He is damaged goods at this point. At this stage, Green is very much a player where you simply accept the highest bid. He also had a modified NTC, which typically reduces any potential return. 

3 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

People complaining about the return for Green, lol.

Many here over value him - just like they're doing for AA.

Too add...Look what we got for Tatar, and Nyquist?....I think it's safe to say they had better careers in Detroit than AA.

Edited by F.Michael

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Exactly. There is no doubt they've been much better players for this team than AA has been. 

Indeed...Now if AA were on his way to another 30 goal season - then damn straight we'd get a 1st rounder, but like many on this team he's underperformed.

I will say the potential for AA on the right team could possibly make Grand Master Y having egg on his face...We'll see.

Just now, MileHighWingsGuy said:

AA is one of the only things worth watching on this team, has been for a couple years. Hope Stevie doesn't pull the trigger if the return isn't right.

If it's a 3rd - I'd be leery...If it's a 4th, or higher - then no thanks...Me thinks he could/should land us a 2nd round pick in either the 2020 draft, or 2021 draft.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

Indeed...Now if AA were on his way to another 30 goal season - then damn straight we'd get a 1st rounder, but like many on this team he's underperformed.

I will say the potential for AA on the right team could possibly make Grand Master Y having egg on his face...We'll see.

In the end, the guy is a liability without the puck. When he is scoring, it's easy to overlook. People gushed over his two goal night vs Montreal, but quickly forget the absolutely LAZY giveaway that led to Montreal's first goal. 

When I heard Green was going to be traded, I thought, "What can we get for him, a 5th round pick?", so this is a better than I was expecting. 

I've never been a fan of AA, even during his 30 goal season. Because of the cap, I didn't think be would be on the team past his current contract. Mantha and Bertuzzi are RFA's, we need cap room to re-sign them.

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

In the end, the guy is a liability without the puck. When he is scoring, it's easy to overlook. People gushed over his two goal night vs Montreal, but quickly forget the absolutely LAZY giveaway that led to Montreal's first goal. 

I'm not expecting much for AA. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick and a 23 year old player for GR. Trading AA means more $ to sign Mantha and Bertuzzi.

4 minutes ago, Barrie said:

When I heard Green was going to be traded, I thought, "What can we get for him, a 5th round pick?", so this is a better than I was expecting. 

I've never been a fan of AA, even during his 30 goal season. Because of the cap, I didn't think be would be on the team past his current contract. Mantha and Bertuzzi are RFA's, we need cap room to re-sign them.

I'm not expecting much for AA. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick and a 23 year old player for GR. Trading AA means more $ to sign Mantha and Bertuzzi.

I can assure you that no cap space needs to be cleared for re-signing MAntha and Bert. Is AA on the way out? Sure. But for that low a price? Hell naw. 

10 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

The minimum return I wanted was a 2nd and a prospect.  Two seconds is close enough to that

Yeah, I was hoping for a 1st or a high end prospect (would have preferred either), but two 2nd's is still a good return.

AA gets injured rather frequently. I have watched him closely while he was a Red Wing and also his second game for Oilers. Did not see what happened to AA. He gets these mysterious injuries often. I wonder how is he going to perform after receiving a long term contact. Just hoping those two second rounders turn out to be better than him.

Edited by arag