• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

AA traded to oilers

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Seriously though. Who could Yzerman trade on this roster right now that you'd be OK with that could realistically get him a 1st? 

Larkin could get us a 1st, that's about it.

33 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Givani Smith says, "Hi"

Allow me to pontificate for a moment for your edification

Purity =/= whiteness

Observe the hue of Athanasiou, Daley, and Bowey. Creamy. Beige. These are mixed, multi-racial athletes... "un-pure".

Now observe Givani Smith. That's the hue of strong, powerful, pure, black man.

Therefore I maintain my original statement, however casually racist it might be, that this team will be pure again come July WITH Givani Smith on it

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Allow me to pontificate for a moment for your edification

Purity =/= whiteness

Observe the hue of Athanasiou, Daley, and Bowey. Creamy. Beige. These are mixed, multi-racial athletes... "un-pure".

Now observe Givani Smith. That's the hue of strong, powerful, pure, black man.

Therefore I maintain my original statement, however casually racist it might be, that this team will be pure again come July WITH Givani Smith on it

that's one way to describe it.  :lol:

Loved AA’s speed and scoring, and I will miss watching him fly down the ice, but his defensive play was non existent. Pretty sure that affected the return. Had his D game been better, a 1st would have been possible. Edmonton upped Columbus’ offer last minute, so it was def the best offer out there. With Stevie, the GM of a rebuilding team, trading away a drafted guy who scored 30 last season when there was no reason to (RFA), and should have been a piece of said rebuild, for two seconds and Sam Gagner (who most likely won’t be around after July 1st)...I think it shows that there was more at play here, like AA  pissing off the coaches and locker room and needing to be removed.

Later AA, have fun with Kenny and McJesus.

I wonder if AA will even stay in Edmonton that long? If there was locker room trouble in Detroit, it could very well continue there. Look at E. Kane. For how skilled of a player he is, he’s moved around enough. Some never learn the lesson. 

21 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I wonder if AA will even stay in Edmonton that long? If there was locker room trouble in Detroit, it could very well continue there. Look at E. Kane. For how skilled of a player he is, he’s moved around enough. Some never learn the lesson. 

AA is literally in the best situation he could be in. He's one of the few guys in the NHL who can keep up with McDavid's speed. If AA gets an opportunity to play on his wing, he would be crazy not to stay there, even if its for less money than he wants initially. The enormous boost to his stats will more than pay off for him in the long run.

His D will be much less of a concern to Holland too. AA is there for his speed and if he can get back to 30 goals or more, I don't think it will matter to anyone if he plays a 2 way game or not.

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes.

I don't think "being able to keep up with McDavid's speed" is a real thing TBH.

AA is not good in the cycle, he's good at 1v1. What're Connor and Batteries gonna do? Take turns driving the net? AA's ideal location is a 3rd line checking line. Cause on a good team he can possibly add 50/60 pts to a team from that position while his linemates compensate for his defensive BS.

7 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

Exactly.  He was out of Detroit anyways RFA or not.  He was my favourite player to watch until this season, this year he’s been absolutely terrible and it was very obvious that he was just out there doing what he wanted to do.  

This is what guys do when you sign Filppula senselessly, put Bertuzzi on the top line in front of you when he didnt do anything better than you did, make you play 3 seasons with an udrafted 30 year old grinder that has zero offensive ability, and have the coach bad mouth you.  DETROIT RED WINGS SUCK RIGHT NOW.  Ready to watch Zadina get whipped going forward?

2 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

This is what guys do when you sign Filppula senselessly, put Bertuzzi on the top line in front of you when he didnt do anything better than you did, make you play 3 seasons with an udrafted 30 year old grinder that has zero offensive ability, and have the coach bad mouth you.  DETROIT RED WINGS SUCK RIGHT NOW.  Ready to watch Zadina get whipped going forward?

You're right. AA and his sucky season is everyone else's fault. AA is just an innocent victim.

7 minutes ago, mackel said:

I think I just puked in my mouth.

Right?  All the AA haters act like we have Jack Hughes ready to take his spot.  We have NOTHING.  And in our two trades today, we got NOTHING.  This is a bad day for this team.  And we have people on here acting like we are going to land roster players with 2 second rounders and a 4th.  We will be ok eventually, but AA was a chance to get something helpful.  And we didnt.

Kind of funny any member of this squad would talk trash about AA, like anyone had room to judge him. Everyone got their wish...all anyone could dream of the last two years was trading AA, well it’s happened boy this team sure will be fun to watch with him gone bet scoring and defense both improve!! Idiots. Hope he tears it up.

3 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Kind of funny any member of this squad would talk trash about AA, like anyone had room to judge him. Everyone got their wish...all anyone could dream of the last two years was trading AA, well it’s happened boy this team sure will be fun to watch with him gone bet scoring and defense both improve!! Idiots. Hope he tears it up.

Two years? IDK about that. I had renewed hope for him after the 30 goal season. But this year was just abysmal. He literally has the worst plus/minus in the entire league at -45. He doesn't appear coachable or well liked in the lockerroom. Time to move on. 

8 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Ecactly.  We are scoring 1.5 goals a game.  Now we can score 1.2 goals a game.  Fun!

1 minute ago, gcom007 said:

Can someone elaborate about him not being liked in the locker room? Does he tell jokes like his brother?

Lol I'm glad you know about his brother. He's like a legit cringe person, if that's a thing.

I'm mostly citing Eric Engels tweet where he quotes an unnamed Wings teammate who basically says AA did his own thing and only wanted to play the game the AA way. There's also a clip from the first week of the season where we won and the whole team was happy and celebrating in the lockerroom. The trainers are in the lockerroom high-fiving every guy and celebrating as they enter, AA blatantly dips out early to avoid everything like he doesn't wanna be there. Small example but seemed telling. Every player was happy and having fun with the team except AA, who slinked off.

Also he's vegan. How does he expect to build muscle.