• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

AA traded to oilers

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lol I'm glad you know about his brother. He's like a legit cringe person, if that's a thing.

I'm mostly citing Eric Engels tweet where he quotes an unnamed Wings teammate who basically says AA did his own thing and only wanted to play the game the AA way. There's also a clip from the first week of the season where we won and the whole team was happy and celebrating in the lockerroom. The trainers are in the lockerroom high-fiving every guy and celebrating as they enter, AA blatantly dips out early to avoid everything like he doesn't wanna be there. Small example but seemed telling. Every player was happy and having fun with the team except AA, who slinked off.

Also he's vegan. How does he expect to build muscle.

Sounds like he’s not the only Athanasiou suffering from delusion then. Very interesting. Not really surprising. I’m glad he’s gone. Not every player is worth hanging on to and two 2nds really ain’t that bad for a -45 player with one good season under his belt and apparently an attitude problem. 

1 hour ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Ecactly.  We are scoring 1.5 goals a game.  Now we can score 1.2 goals a game.  Fun!

Yeah. His 10 goals will be missed immensely.

14 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Sounds like he’s not the only Athanasiou suffering from delusion then. Very interesting. Not really surprising. I’m glad he’s gone. Not every player is worth hanging on to and two 2nds really ain’t that bad for a -45 player with one good season under his belt and apparently an attitude problem. 

Apparently being so bad at defense that ur on the ice for 55 goals against is completely cool as long as you score 10 really flashy goals. LGW.com logic.

4 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Right?  All the AA haters act like we have Jack Hughes ready to take his spot.  We have NOTHING.  And in our two trades today, we got NOTHING.  This is a bad day for this team.  And we have people on here acting like we are going to land roster players with 2 second rounders and a 4th.  We will be ok eventually, but AA was a chance to get something helpful.  And we didnt.

Is it fair for me to assume this is Jonas lol?

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

AA is literally in the best situation he could be in. He's one of the few guys in the NHL who can keep up with McDavid's speed. If AA gets an opportunity to play on his wing, he would be crazy not to stay there, even if its for less money than he wants initially. The enormous boost to his stats will more than pay off for him in the long run.

His D will be much less of a concern to Holland too. AA is there for his speed and if he can get back to 30 goals or more, I don't think it will matter to anyone if he plays a 2 way game or not.

Your not wrong. I was speaking on the reason many seem to figure is responsible for the return Yzerman got. Lack of D ability. Would have been nice to have one be a conditional 1st, but it is what it is. Stevie nearly took less from Columbus.  He’ll do well in Edmonton I figure. He can focus on doing what he does, skate fast and score goals. What I meant by “staying in Edmonton” was a scenario where he pisses people off and has to be moved. Which some think is part of why Stevie traded him, but no ones ever heard that from Stevie’s mouth,  and we probably never will. Even if it is true. 

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Am I I'm the only one who thinks AA will not work out in Edmonton? I think he'll hurt their top 6 if played there.

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think "being able to keep up with McDavid's speed" is a real thing TBH.

AA is not good in the cycle, he's good at 1v1. What're Connor and Batteries gonna do? Take turns driving the net? AA's ideal location is a 3rd line checking line. Cause on a good team he can possibly add 50/60 pts to a team from that position while his linemates compensate for his defensive BS.

This man will turn AA into a defensive stalwart...

Image result for oilers coach

10 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Right?  All the AA haters act like we have Jack Hughes ready to take his spot.  We have NOTHING.  And in our two trades today, we got NOTHING.  This is a bad day for this team.  And we have people on here acting like we are going to land roster players with 2 second rounders and a 4th.  We will be ok eventually, but AA was a chance to get something helpful.  And we didnt.

Addition by subtraction. Yzerman has begun the great Red Wings cancer purge of 2020. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

10 hours ago, gcom007 said:

I think he has blatant Mrazek-syndrome. Thinks he's the best player in the world and acts like it, but he's clearly not, and he's confused and frustrated that no shares his POV of himself. 

7 hours ago, kliq said:

Is it fair for me to assume this is Jonas lol?

Bingo

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lol I'm glad you know about his brother. He's like a legit cringe person, if that's a thing.

I'm mostly citing Eric Engels tweet where he quotes an unnamed Wings teammate who basically says AA did his own thing and only wanted to play the game the AA way. There's also a clip from the first week of the season where we won and the whole team was happy and celebrating in the lockerroom. The trainers are in the lockerroom high-fiving every guy and celebrating as they enter, AA blatantly dips out early to avoid everything like he doesn't wanna be there. Small example but seemed telling. Every player was happy and having fun with the team except AA, who slinked off.

Also he's vegan. How does he expect to build muscle.

I don't trust Vegans, Gingers or Religious people...  rules to live by.

25 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Gee, Im sure Athanasiou is really shook up.  Sucks getting to play with the best player on the planet instead of Darren Helm.

and to have a coach that will utilize him correctly...

Might have to check out some of that EDM-ANA action tonight!

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

First game after the TDL and the Ennis - McDavid - AA line has 7 points and is +6.

Batteries had a goal and an assist in this his first game. +2.

What have we done

Yzerman was repaying the Kyle Quincy favor. 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

First game after the TDL and the Ennis - McDavid - AA line has 7 points and is +6.

Batteries had a goal and an assist in this his first game. +2.

What have we done

This was always expected to happen. It's why folks have been preaching that Edmonton would be a great fit for AA to begin with. Any line with MCDavid will score so much that it'll cover up defensive liability. AA was never going to get that here. Larkin is no McDavid. 

6 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

This was always expected to happen. It's why folks have been preaching that Edmonton would be a great fit for AA to begin with. Any line with MCDavid will score so much that it'll cover up defensive liability. AA was never going to get that here. Larkin is no McDavid. 

That face when Detroit is the joke, not Edmonton

43 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

One thing I keep hearing: "AA will be able to keep up with McDavid's speed"

Well if anyone actually believes this, then why wasn't AA on the top line to keep up with Larkin's speed?

Because Blashill and Yzerman only want to pay guys who slam their sticks and yell rah rah in the lockerroom.  If you mind your own business and have your agent negotiate hard for you, then u are a cancer and malcontent.  You go into Helmdening Prison and have to play defense 24/7 and get 7 seconds of every 2 min power play.  Gee, you still scored 30 goals with us stacking the deck against you?  Here is your reward - Filppula and Hirose.  2 gifted dynamos.  

Edited by Scott R Lucidi

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

One thing I keep hearing: "AA will be able to keep up with McDavid's speed"

Well if anyone actually believes this, then why wasn't AA on the top line to keep up with Larkin's speed?

Because Larkin and Mantha dont score enough to make up for AAs zero defense. The guy was a -45. His linemates would have had to score a collective 50 goals this season to keep up with his selfish play.

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Because Larkin and Mantha dont score enough to make up for AAs zero defense. The guy was a -45. His linemates would have had to score a collective 50 goals this season to keep up with his selfish play.

He played much more with Larkin and Mantha last year and was only -9.

This year he got saddled with 21 pt and -41 Filppula. Whose to blame there? The 25 year old who scored 30 goals and was -9 just last year? Or the 36 year old Filppula who wasn't good enough to be our 2nd line center back when he was 30. Guy was handed a death sentence by Blashill and Yzerman this year.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He played much more with Larkin and Mantha last year and was only -9.

This year he got saddled with 21 pt and -41 Filppula. Whose to blame there? The 25 year old who scored 30 goals and was -9 just last year? Or the 36 year old Filppula who wasn't good enough to be our 2nd line center back when he was 30. Guy was handed a death sentence by Blashill and Yzerman this year.

Mantha was out for a good part of the year. Perfect opportunity for AA to step up and take that spot. He didn't. 

It would make zero sense for even a bad coach to not put him in that situation if he was going to be an asset. Particularly if ur looking to move him and get a maximum.

Blashill and Yzerman had very good reasons to give AA more ice time and better linemates. They didn't. Why? Some of you would say its because Blashill is an idiot. But even if that's true, then why didn't SY direct Blash to play him more to get his points and value up and increase his trade value?

The answer: AA was a problem, selfish player and Blash and Yzer thought it was better for the team in the long run not to reward that kind of behavior. To send a message to a young team that they're going to play responsible hockey, the way their HC and GM want them to or they're not going to play. That bad work ethic and selfish play won't be tolerated, and thumbing your nose at veteran players and coaches will get you axed.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Mantha was out for a good part of the year. Perfect opportunity for AA to step up and take that spot. He didn't. 

It would make zero sense for even a bad coach to not put him in that situation if he was going to be an asset. Particularly if ur looking to move him and get a maximum.

Blashill and Yzerman had very good reasons to give AA more ice time and better linemates. They didn't. Why? Some of you would say its because Blashill is an idiot. But even if that's true, then why didn't SY direct Blash to play him more to get his points and value up and increase his trade value?

The answer: AA was a problem, selfish player and Blash and Yzer thought it was better for the team in the long run not to reward that kind of behavior. To send a message to a young team that they're going to play responsible hockey, the way their HC and GM want them to or they're not going to play. That bad work ethic and selfish play won't be tolerated, and thumbing your nose at veteran players and coaches will get you axed.

If he was as cancerous as you describe Holland would never have traded for him. A GM who doesn't know his poor work ethic and bad behavior like Kekalainen would have nabbed him. Instead Holland actually stepped up and outbid CBJ for this player. Larkin isn't exactly rumored to be an angel himself either. 

Now he's a plus player with McDavid and a 700K Tyler Ennis. Do you really wanna suggest his plus/minus wouldn't be significantly better playing with Larkin and Mantha over Filppula and Glendening? Are Larkin and Mantha really that much significantly worse as a pair than McDavid and Ennis?

Blashill clearly had it out for him. He rewarded Zadina, Fabbri, and Bertuzzi all with top line minutes and AA barely sniffed that line despite being a recent 30 goal scorer. You can't stick a young talented player like that with a washed up Fil and 4th liner for an entire season and then ask him why he's not performing.

Compare that to Larkin, who is babied by Blashill. He gets all the best line-mates and support despite his own play also being significantly worse than last season. You'd think Blash would be smart enough to recognize that Fil is clearly not a 2C, and he could even try moving AA to that position with some competent supportive wingers like Fabbri and Bertuzzi.

One things for certain; Blashill has got to go. He clearly phoned it in once his protector in Holland was gone and lost the room. The same idiotic lines every night, the entire team falling apart in terms of discipline, detail, and composure. AA is a victim of the idiotic coaching and  cancer ridden lockerroom the empty headed Blashill created.

We just sold low on an insanely offensively gifted, insanely fast, future 80 pt winger, to Edmonton for a lousy pair of 2nds. He's about to go beast mode on that top line. I don't even blame Yzerman. But he better get Blash outta there ASAP or he's gonna be selling low on more young players next year too unless he can suddenly put together a competent middle 6 that can outplay Blashills pissass tactics.