• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

AA traded to oilers

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If he was as cancerous as you describe Holland would never have traded for him. A GM who doesn't know his poor work ethic and bad behavior like Kekalainen would have nabbed him. Instead Holland actually stepped up and outbid CBJ for this player. Larkin isn't exactly rumored to be an angel himself either. 

Now he's a plus player with McDavid and a 700K Tyler Ennis. Do you really wanna suggest his plus/minus wouldn't be significantly better playing with Larkin and Mantha over Filppula and Glendening? Are Larkin and Mantha really that much significantly worse as a pair than McDavid and Ennis?

Blashill clearly had it out for him. He rewarded Zadina, Fabbri, and Bertuzzi all with top line minutes and AA barely sniffed that line despite being a recent 30 goal scorer. You can't stick a young talented player like that with a washed up Fil and 4th liner for an entire season and then ask him why he's not performing.

Compare that to Larkin, who is babied by Blashill. He gets all the best line-mates and support despite his own play also being significantly worse than last season. You'd think Blash would be smart enough to recognize that Fil is clearly not a 2C, and he could even try moving AA to that position with some competent supportive wingers like Fabbri and Bertuzzi.

One things for certain; Blashill has got to go. He clearly phoned it in once his protector in Holland was gone and lost the room. The same idiotic lines every night, the entire team falling apart in terms of discipline, detail, and composure. AA is a victim of the idiotic coaching and  cancer ridden lockerroom the empty headed Blashill created.

We just sold low on an insanely offensively gifted, insanely fast, future 80 pt winger, to Edmonton for a lousy pair of 2nds. He's about to go beast mode on that top line. I don't even blame Yzerman. But he better get Blash outta there ASAP or he's gonna be selling low on more young players next year too unless he can suddenly put together a competent middle 6 that can outplay Blashills pissass tactics.

Blashill is a terrible coach full stop.

The success everywhere else line... nice and all but I couldn't care less.

The 'no coach would have a good record' line is stating the obvious.  BUT many other coaches would atleast demand respect for the team, organization and fans, that would see players looking engaged and like they give the slightest f**k out there.

I don't expect miracles but I do expect HUSTLE!

6 minutes ago, mackel said:

Blashill is a terrible coach full stop.

The success everywhere else line... nice and all but I couldn't care less.

The 'no coach would have a good record' line is stating the obvious.  BUT many other coaches would atleast demand respect for the team, organization and fans, that would see players looking engaged and like they give the slightest f**k out there.

I don't expect miracles but I do expect HUSTLE!

Going into this season, I don't think anyone expected THIS level of awful.

We finished last season strong and the team looked refreshed after the TDL. I think many people, including myself, expected that post TDL success to carry over into next season a little. I wasn't expecting the playoffs or anything, but I was expecting progress from young players and some steps in the right direction.

Instead we have experienced humiliating full on regression of the entire team.

What changed? Yzerman took over. I think Blash saw the writing on the wall same as we all did. He knew this would be his last season. He just let the chips fall with no regard.

He went from a below average NHL coach to a pride-less apathetic imbecile in one summer. Nothing will assuage my bloodlust for his head.

I've been drinking.

6 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Why does no one mention that we are #3 in man games lost to injury.  On a team with no depth to begin with, losing so many games to injury is extremely devastating.  But sure, let's just blame Blashill.

That vast majority of that is due to Dekeyser. Our newer crappier version of Brad Stuart. Maybe we lose some games 3-1 instead of 4-1 with him the lineup, but his presence doesn't radically shift this team in a profound way unfortunately.

Mantha was probably the biggest blow, but almost every team deals with a star player being out for some time in a season.

Regardless, we are typically always one of the teams up there in man games lost. It's not like this is a radically new thing for us.

Not sure what love you have for Blashill. He's accomplished nothing here, and this season is the nail in the coffin for him. I figure since your in GR you want to come to the defense of the guy who formerly coached the Griffins? Admirable, but this hoser is 100% gonzo already. He was gone in November and he knows and coaches like it.

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There's a reason why Blashill had it out for AA. I've stated why. The fact SY traded him for less than a 1st just proves he was not worth the drama. No matter how flashy he is.

I think the answer is even more simple than you're suggesting.

Yzerman traded his worst RFA that still had value. Simple as that.

No one was gonna take our UFAs besides Green, and no one was gonna take Erne or Perlini, so AA was that guy.

Smart to sell your weakest sellables first and work your way up.

And of course I think that scenario could have been radically altered had Blashill played AA with Larkin and Mantha, and say Fabbri was stuck playing with crap players. But that's too late now.

42 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

31 thoughts

Also that other teams wanted Glendog, but Yzerman was demanding a lot for him and nothing materialized.

They never said what the ask was, but I'm guessing a 2nd or 3rd. SY might think he can get more next TDL when Glenny is a pending UFA.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think the answer is even more simple than you're suggesting.

Yzerman traded his worst RFA that still had value. Simple as that.

No one was gonna take our UFAs besides Green, and no one was gonna take Erne or Perlini, so AA was that guy.

Smart to sell your weakest sellables first and work your way up.

And of course I think that scenario could have been radically altered had Blashill played AA with Larkin and Mantha, and say Fabbri was stuck playing with crap players. But that's too late now.

But why trade him at all? If he's the stud some people seem to think he is, SY would be stupid to trade him then.

5 minutes ago, arag said:

He did. My bad

Its ok. His good games are so rare these days its easy to forget.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Going into this season, I don't think anyone expected THIS level of awful.

We finished last season strong and the team looked refreshed after the TDL. I think many people, including myself, expected that post TDL success to carry over into next season a little. I wasn't expecting the playoffs or anything, but I was expecting progress from young players and some steps in the right direction.

Instead we have experienced humiliating full on regression of the entire team.

What changed? Yzerman took over. I think Blash saw the writing on the wall same as we all did. He knew this would be his last season. He just let the chips fall with no regard.

He went from a below average NHL coach to a pride-less apathetic imbecile in one summer. Nothing will assuage my bloodlust for his head.

I've been drinking.

A lot of s*** went wrong. There is no one person that the blame for it all falls on either. We lost Kronwall, which hurt the team more than most realize. He was excellent last season. Having Kronwall, Hronek, Dekeyser and a less terrible Green in the lineup, and our d was infinitely better last season. 

This year it's been Hronek all on his own, and even he is hurt right now. Nemeth and Flip are stop gaps. They were never gonna move the needle. Howard has also been otherworldly bad this year.

A team lacking depth like this squad needs a lot of things to go right to find success. This year about everything went wrong. The old players regressed hard, Howard s*** the bed, and opponents know to zero in on the one good line we have to shut s*** down. Guys like Mantha missed more games than were played. Just a comedy of misfortune. 

Blaming it on Blash as if he saw the writing on the wall is silly. Even if he feels he has no future here, the man still gotta coach for future work. 

Let's get to the good news. No more Green, Daley, Ericsson or Howard. Addition by subtraction. We're gonna get an impact player with a top 4 pick. Guys like Seider will make the team. Guys like Zadina should improve. Guys like Larkin should bounce back, as he has done before. Will we suck? Absolutely. But it'll be less painful to watch next time. 

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

A lot of s*** went wrong. There is no one person that the blame for it all falls on either. We lost Kronwall, which hurt the team more than most realize. He was excellent last season. Having Kronwall, Hronek, Dekeyser and a less terrible Green in the lineup, and our d was infinitely better last season. 

This year it's been Hronek all on his own, and even he is hurt right now. Nemeth and Flip are stop gaps. They were never gonna move the needle. Howard has also been otherworldly bad this year.

A team lacking depth like this squad needs a lot of things to go right to find success. This year about everything went wrong. The old players regressed hard, Howard s*** the bed, and opponents know to zero in on the one good line we have to shut s*** down. Guys like Mantha missed more games than were played. Just a comedy of misfortune. 

Blaming it on Blash as if he saw the writing on the wall is silly. Even if he feels he has no future here, the man still gotta coach for future work. 

Let's get to the good news. No more Green, Daley, Ericsson or Howard. Addition by subtraction. We're gonna get an impact player with a top 4 pick. Guys like Seider will make the team. Guys like Zadina should improve. Guys like Larkin should bounce back, as he has done before. Will we suck? Absolutely. But it'll be less painful to watch next time. 

I really don't think missing a 39 year old Kronwall is all that impactful. Maybe we lose games 3-1 instead of 4-1 with Dekeyser in the lineup. Mantha being hurt is the biggest blow but almost expected at this point.

Howard regressed big time, but Bernier also stepped up big time. In general, it's the regression of a lot of the team (especially young players) I'm concerned about. Larkin regressing. AA regressing. Bowey playing awful. Cholowski playing awful. Hirose couldn't get anything going. Perlini and Erne couldn't get anything going.

Dare I say it?... Blashill is NOT good with da keedz. He's just a below average NHL coach trying to keep his head above water.

Not to mention the entire team just looks sloppy and unprepared every night. I definitely don't get the impression that anyone is fighting for it anymore. He lost the room, and that's probably one of the reasons AA just said screw it and did his own thing. Probably wanted to be traded TBH.

Yzerman gimme dat Babcock nut

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So yeah. AA last night. -1 0G 0A

Also, the Oilers are winless in two since trading for him. 

Just the facts

43 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

We'll find that out in 5 years or so. Until then, queue the crybabies

Boiling RN

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

34 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really don't think missing a 39 year old Kronwall is all that impactful. Maybe we lose games 3-1 instead of 4-1 with Dekeyser in the lineup. Mantha being hurt is the biggest blow but almost expected at this point.

Howard regressed big time, but Bernier also stepped up big time. In general, it's the regression of a lot of the team (especially young players) I'm concerned about. Larkin regressing. AA regressing. Bowey playing awful. Cholowski playing awful. Hirose couldn't get anything going. Perlini and Erne couldn't get anything going.

Dare I say it?... Blashill is NOT good with da keedz. He's just a below average NHL coach trying to keep his head above water.

Not to mention the entire team just looks sloppy and unprepared every night. I definitely don't get the impression that anyone is fighting for it anymore. He lost the room, and that's probably one of the reasons AA just said screw it and did his own thing. Probably wanted to be traded TBH.

Yzerman gimme dat Babcock nut

Boiling RN

I get that about Kronwall alone, but I was more alluding to between he retiring PLUS Dekeyser being out all year and Hronek having to do it all on his own. 3 competent dmen last year (not great, but competent), to just one this year. Hurts man. 

Next year? Hronek, Seider, and healthy Dekeyser. I feel at worst we'll be back to 2019/2020 levels of bad next season. 

18 hours ago, greenrebellion said:

Why does no one mention that we are #3 in man games lost to injury.  On a team with no depth to begin with, losing so many games to injury is extremely devastating.  But sure, let's just blame Blashill.

We've been near the league lead in that category for a decade now...