• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Unmasked

Are these press conferences necessary?

Rate this topic

I just read the article with Yzerman's interview.about "Everybody has a value; some players are more marketable than others. We have to go specifically to the players who are most in demand and several teams had inquired and expressed interest in Andreas." I am reading the news right now, and that's a quote from his speech. What did he say? What's the point? I mean, he's a great coach. Did a fantastic job for Tampa Bay, but for real. 
P.S. Was reading this article https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/notes-yzerman-discusses-trades-state-of-team-on-deadline-day/c-315497924, while posting this thread. "GM hopes fans will be patient during rebuild; Wings also pick up Timashov on waivers". The irony is strong with this one. He like knows what I'm thinking about)

Edited by Unmasked

14 minutes ago, Unmasked said:

I just read the article with Yzerman's interview.about "Everybody has a value; some players are more marketable than others. We have to go specifically to the players who are most in demand and several teams had inquired and expressed interest in Andreas." I am reading the news right now, and that's a quote from his speech. What did he say? What's the point? I mean, he's a great coach. Did a fantastic job for Tampa Bay, but for real. 
P.S. Was reading this article https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/notes-yzerman-discusses-trades-state-of-team-on-deadline-day/c-315497924, while posting this thread. "GM hopes fans will be patient during rebuild; Wings also pick up Timashov on waivers". The irony is strong with this one. He like knows what I'm thinking about)

The actual conference was pretty boring and nothing interesting was said. Just empty words, trust the plan, be patient, stuff. What can you really expect though? A smart guy is never gonna reveal much of what's behind the curtain.

I don't remember Yzerman ever really being a standout media guy. He's pretty much the same way now. Pretty boring to listen to. Holland wasn't any better. It's whatever.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

9 hours ago, greenrebellion said:

I think the biggest thing that came out of it was that he seemed to imply that Blashill might be staying beyond this season.

This is what he actually said

“I”m not going to make any decisions on anything until the season is over,” Yzerman said. “We are going to sit down and go over it, but again, I think Jeff has done a really good job. I’ve enjoyed working with him and as of right now, I don’t plan to make a change. You read into that what you want.”

= I'm not firing him before this season ends. 

Blashill will not be back next year. 

37 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Unless Gallant/Laviolette/Babcock/Boudreau/Cooper are employed, or find employment sooner than later...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Blashill *might* be back next year.

This...

Edited by F.Michael

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Blashill might be an okay AHL coach but he sucks as an NHL coach and I like him well enough not to embarrass him and fire him now when this season is far beyond repair

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

That you and everyone know that Blashill won't be back and that you're splitting hairs with your *might* BS

I don't "know" that Blashill is going to be back, any more than I "know" that Mantha will stay healthy enough next season to score 30+, or that the Wings will win the draft lottery. Blashill *might* be back next season. Wouldn't surprise me either way. Mantha will *likely* score 30+ next season, if he can stat healthy. We aren't likely to win the draft lottery, but maybe...

He's not going to be like "Blashill?  Man, that dude is so fired at the end of the year.  Hell, I might fire him in the 3rd period of our last game."  He'll say nice things, maybe he'll move him to another spot in the franchise or just let him go.  Either way I can't imagine, regardless of the talent on the team, a coach with a record this bad staying.  That really sends the wrong message.

10 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

He's not going to be like "Blashill?  Man, that dude is so fired at the end of the year.  Hell, I might fire him in the 3rd period of our last game."  He'll say nice things, maybe he'll move him to another spot in the franchise or just let him go.  Either way I can't imagine, regardless of the talent on the team, a coach with a record this bad staying.  That really sends the wrong message.

Agreed. It's the single, easiest thing Yzerman can do to try and improve this team. 

Also, if GM is still trying to see what he truly has in some of these players, why not see how they perform in a different system, with a new voice?

Blashill is gonzo. 100%. 

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Who is your avatar?

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Been wondering the same...

You guys must be young.  Looks like Miss Elizabeth, ex-wife and valet of Macho Man Randy Savage.