• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2/25 Sanka! Ya Dead? GDT - Devils @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

This was posted up on HFBoards, not sure if that means they are active for tonight's game, but they are listed on the roster.

https://twitter.com/KenKalDRW/status/1232321989370576897/photo/1

Might watch tonight just to take a look at the young swede if he plays.

6 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

This was posted up on HFBoards, not sure if that means they are active for tonight's game, but they are listed on the roster.

https://twitter.com/KenKalDRW/status/1232321989370576897/photo/1

Might watch tonight just to take a look at the young swede if he plays.

Nice

Timashov #15
Gagner #89

I would think Gagner would be our 2C now and Timashov should probably also join the top6

I can't confirm, but I'm hearing from Leafs fans that Timashov requested a trade out of Toronto previously. Anyone know about this? Would explain why he was the odd man out, but not why Dubas didn't just trade him. Regardless, I can understand why he wanted out. He was getting NO ice-time despite being pretty productive in that time.

From Elite Prospects:

An agile winger with very good puckhandling skills; his explosiveness opens up space for himself and teammates, giving him the ablility to create dangerous chances at top speed. All-in-all, a dangerous player who will wow audiences with his speed and creativity. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

From my understanding he's lost some of that speed since being drafted. I dunno if that's from injuries or what. But also this kid hits A LOT. Seems like he may be able to be that utility guy that can bounce around between scoring lines and checking lines.

Hoping for Fabbri 2.0

Why did Seider have to get injured...

I'm no Timashov expert, but I don't think it's a big stretch to say he's potentially a Fabbri 2.0. My impression is that Yzerman sees him as an NHLer and Blashill's going to give him every opportunity to show he can be a key guy for the Wings. Even if all we're getting is a top-line AHLer, the Griffins could use the help. They're not the powerhouse team we expected them to be this season.

As for Gagner, HOLY F*** A RIGHT HANDED CENTERMAN NOT NAMED GLENDENING WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F*** IS GOING ON???

20 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

Ya mon...cheers on the Cool Runnings reference, hahah

Ah, a fellow man of culture!

Edited by Dabura

26 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I can't confirm, but I'm hearing from Leafs fans that Timashov requested a trade out of Toronto previously. Anyone know about this? Would explain why he was the odd man out, but not why Dubas didn't just trade him. Regardless, I can understand why he wanted out. He was getting NO ice-time despite being pretty productive in that time.

From Elite Prospects:

From my understanding he's lost some of that speed since being drafted. I dunno if that's from injuries or what. But also this kid hits A LOT. Seems like he may be able to be that utility guy that can bounce around between scoring lines and checking lines.

Hoping for Fabbri 2.0

Why did Seider have to get injured...

Yes, I heard this also, and it virtually sounds like a near identical Fabbri situation. He wasn't getting chances, he was only getting like 8 minutes of ice time and still managing respectable point totals. He wanted a chance to play because he can produce more with more ice time. 

He will get that chance here, put him in the top 6 and do for him what we did for Fabbri and we may have another gem. One of my best friends is a lifetime Leafs fan and I texted him last night asking about his take on Timashov and he replied "Small but skilled, he was given no chance in the top 6 and had little minutes and still looked good. I hate that they sent him off, they should have waived Marincin instead to open the spot for Rosen, no one would claim the Marincin battleship, they lost value with no return dumping Timashov."

We will see, but I have a bit of hope that he can be involved with the offense here.

49 minutes ago, Dabura said:

So no new boys tonight. Might skip this one then.

I forgot about Cody Goldbeef. Not overly excited about him.

51 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Yes, I heard this also, and it virtually sounds like a near identical Fabbri situation. He wasn't getting chances, he was only getting like 8 minutes of ice time and still managing respectable point totals. He wanted a chance to play because he can produce more with more ice time. 

He will get that chance here, put him in the top 6 and do for him what we did for Fabbri and we may have another gem. One of my best friends is a lifetime Leafs fan and I texted him last night asking about his take on Timashov and he replied "Small but skilled, he was given no chance in the top 6 and had little minutes and still looked good. I hate that they sent him off, they should have waived Marincin instead to open the spot for Rosen, no one would claim the Marincin battleship, they lost value with no return dumping Timashov."

We will see, but I have a bit of hope that he can be involved with the offense here.

I think Dubas thought he might be able to slip Timashov through waivers during TDL chaos

Not gettin' past Stevie though. He was born into chaos and learned to thrive in it.

12 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

For some reason the trade deadline had me on a hockey movie kick.  I watched Goon last night and I'm watching the Gordie Howe movie right now

Hockey movie pro tip,

Step 1: Grab the remote
Step 2: Turn the Gordie Howe movie off
Step 3: Pop in MVP: Most Valuable Primate

Ur welcome

54 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

For some reason the trade deadline had me on a hockey movie kick.  I watched Goon last night and I'm watching the Gordie Howe movie right now

Goon 2 was just as good imo, if you haven't seen it, don't pass on it thinking it's an awful sequel. I still need to watch the Probert documentary on Amazon. 

51 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hockey movie pro tip,

Step 1: Grab the remote
Step 2: Turn the Gordie Howe movie off
Step 3: Pop in MVP: Most Valuable Primate

Ur welcome

I'm taking your advice, I'd better not regret it.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

That blue line is as scorched earth as scorched earth gets. Ho. lee. s***.

Josh Ho Lee?

1 hour ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Goon 2 was just as good imo, if you haven't seen it, don't pass on it thinking it's an awful sequel. I still need to watch the Probert documentary on Amazon. 

It's great! You really learn a lot about things going on behinds the scenes that we did not know!

One of my favorite lines:  Are you SURE you don't have to go to the bathroom?!?! 

Great Docu! I miss Probie!