• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

WAKE ME UP GDT - Black Birb Team @ Wheel Team - 4:30 PST

Rate this topic

41 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

it would make me happy if the Wings would win tonight.  My trip to Tampa Bay next week to see the Wings has been canceled... thank you, corona virus.  Anyone want $600 worth of really nice tickets at Amelie Arena for next weekend?  :mellow:

Wow, that bites.  :unhappy:  I wan't planning to drive to Tampa any time soon, but that would be tempting.

Just now, Y19 said:

Wow, that bites.  :unhappy:  I wan't planning to drive to Tampa any time soon, but that would be tempting.

If it was closer and not a long plane flight and hotel and all the other stuff, I would have just gone for the weekend.  Such is life.  Ticketmaster said too many people have canceled on the game (March 14) so they are refusing to refund.  I have event insurance, so maybe I will get some of the money back....

1 hour ago, puckloo39 said:

it would make me happy if the Wings would win tonight.  My trip to Tampa Bay next week to see the Wings has been canceled... thank you, corona virus.  Anyone want $600 worth of really nice tickets at Amelie Arena for next weekend?  :mellow:

Fingers crossed that all my work trips get canceled.

God bless you corona virus, may you bring the American economy to its knees so we dont have to work anymore

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Fingers crossed that all my work trips get canceled.

God bless you corona virus, may you bring the American economy to its knees so we dont have to work anymore

My firm has canceled all trips and told everyone to go work at home.  I work at home full time, have done so for five years now.  I can't wait for the VPN to keel over and die at the servers when 2000 extra people hit it up next week.  LOL~  Oh boy! 

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

My firm has canceled all trips and told everyone to go work at home.  I work at home full time, have done so for five years now.  I can't wait for the VPN to keel over and die at the servers when 2000 extra people hit it up next week.  LOL~  Oh boy! 

They dont use the same VPN for office and remote?

Honest question for work from home lifestyle... Do you even bother to get ready in the morning? I imagine myself and it would probably result in me in sweatpants all day.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Honest question for work from home lifestyle... Do you even bother to get ready in the morning? I imagine myself and it would probably result in me in sweatpants all day.

I've managed to swing a few days of "work from home".  The best part is that morning commute from "alarm goes off" to "one foot on the floor".  I would get dressed, but not right away.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They dont use the same VPN for office and remote?

Not sure, but we are gonna find out!

I worked in an office for 20 years and then they closed my office and let everyone on my team go, except me.  I run everything alone now.  My 'rule' is that I keep office hours (used to work 12-15 hours a day, and weekends, now I do not).  And I get up like usual, and dress, albeit casually, in a fashion that if I had to leave the house for some reason, I could.  Just my weird work ethic after doing this work for 25+ years.  I am a voice on the phone to 100's of clients, so dead VPN will not be a good thing

1 minute ago, Y19 said:

I've managed to swing a few days of "work from home".  The best part is that morning commute from "alarm goes off" to "one foot on the floor".  I would get dressed, but not right away.

Obviously there's a lot of appeal to working from home. But knowing myself (prone to disorganization and distraction) I think going to work everyday is good for me. I'd be like @MabusIncarnate naked eating lunch at 9:30 AM with hockey games on