• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, mackel said:

That's a somewhat positive outlook on Zadina...  you've changed man, you've changed.

8 hours ago, mackel said:

Why would he backpedal from the correct position?  I think COVID19 and/or Carole Baskin is behind this.

CRL cant find a date in these times of social distance. Even Zagina is starting to look tasty to him now..

11 hours ago, mackel said:

That's a somewhat positive outlook on Zadina...  you've changed man, you've changed.

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

So... Not a bust then?

He hasn't changed. He's backpedaling...

I'm about to slap both of you.

I've argued since day one that Zadina = Hudler. Go check. November 2018 is my first mega long book about Zadina. If you view Hudler as radically different than Tatar and Nyquist sorry my bad. I view them as much more similar than different. 

So no, the argument hasn't changed. And forgive me for being frustrated, but I've posted my views on this player - analyzing his game from top to bottom - probably more than any other player. No one argues back when I break down his game, yet my viewpoint is consistently misconstrued months later to the point where I've had to rewrite it multiple times. It's getting old. If you wanna talk Zadina lets do it, but so far that means I post a text wall and then everyone moves on. 

I know you dumbies read my posts because I immediately noticed that after I commented about how good his defensive stick work is, and asked why no one was talking about this, Zadina fans started mentioning how great his defensive stick work is. Ur welcome. I won't name names.

And this is why I will call Zadina a bust again. Because none of you know why you like him and can't explain why you like him with any substance. You just know you're supposed to like him cause Red Wings and 6th overall. "He's the next big sniper!" "Actually now he's a passer!" You're a mess. And you deserve to hear that he's a bust again until you stop moaning about it and actually come up with an independent thought about him.

6 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Zadina ceiling = kucherov?

That's the most absurd thing i've read here yet.  He is struggling to make the NHL right now.

More absurd than ceiling = Tatar?

You do know what a "ceiling" is don't you? How many player actually hit their projected ceiling? I've even said that Kucherov level is unlikely, but certainly not impossible. Especially when you consider that Zadina is ahead of where Kucherov was at the same age (NHL totals), has a much higher draft pedigree, similar build, similar skill set. The question is, will Zadina put it all together the way Kucherov has? Again, unlikely, but not out of the question...

He will not be a total bust (out of the NHL in a couple years), as mackel seems to think, and he will most definitely be a better player than Tatar. Under the right circumstances, Zadina can develop into a point per game winger.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm about to slap both of you.

I've argued since day one that Zadina = Hudler. Go check. November 2018 is my first mega long book about Zadina. If you view Hudler as radically different than Tatar and Nyquist sorry my bad. I view them as much more similar than different. 

So no, the argument hasn't changed. And forgive me for being frustrated, but I've posted my views on this player - analyzing his game from top to bottom - probably more than any other player. No one argues back when I break down his game, yet my viewpoint is consistently misconstrued months later to the point where I've had to rewrite it multiple times. It's getting old. If you wanna talk Zadina lets do it, but so far that means I post a text wall and then everyone moves on. 

I know you dumbies read my posts because I immediately noticed that after I commented about how good his defensive stick work is, and asked why no one was talking about this, Zadina fans started mentioning how great his defensive stick work is. Ur welcome. I won't name names.

And this is why I will call Zadina a bust again. Because none of you know why you like him and can't explain why you like him with any substance. You just know you're supposed to like him cause Red Wings and 6th overall. "He's the next big sniper!" "Actually now he's a passer!" You're a mess. And you deserve to hear that he's a bust again until you stop moaning about it and actually come up with an independent thought about him.

Do you not think there's a significant difference between Hudler and Hossa? 

I can't wait for you to eat crow on this one bud. Give it another year or two, and it will be evidently clear that Zadina >>> Hudler / Tatar / Nyquist. Not that it isn't already. 

absolutely and because they know everything we also see a bit of sliding here...https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/redoing-the-2019-nhl-draft-how-would-it-unfold-today

another bust at 6, too bad the scouting staff in Detroit is a bunch of losers.

honestly, if that is any proof for you that Zadina is a bust you cannot be helped anyway....

33 minutes ago, mackel said:

Already sliding and vastly out done by the guy drafted right after him... but it's fine, IT'S FINE... he was ranked 3rd, 3RD I SAID.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/redoing-the-2018-nhl-draft-how-would-it-unfold-two-years-later?fbclid=IwAR3MGJRA-N0Elu8hrZ8h0Y48NLJbw4YWZ0tBNuEVU1KNhcvjKHNUtNc1Cbk

#BustyColdZadina

Dropped from 6th to 7th... What a bust... These re-drafts are meaningless 5 years after a draft, let alone 2...

Q Hughes passing him by at this stage is of course correct but in no way should Hayton rank higher than Zadina. Doesnt matter he had a great WJC with Lafraniere on his wing. 

Zadina should stay at 6 where we took him. Or even pass Kotkaniemi to 5. 

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I can't wait for you to eat crow on this one bud. Give it another year or two, and it will be evidently clear that Zadina >>> Hudler / Tatar / Nyquist. Not that it isn't already. 

There is a significant difference between Hudler and Hossa. What's your point? That you don't understand my line of argument and simple comparisons?

There's also a significant difference between someone without the IQ to understand my argument and some who does. Guess which camp you fall in.

13 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Q Hughes passing him by at this stage is of course correct but in no way should Hayton rank higher than Zadina. Doesnt matter he had a great WJC with Lafraniere on his wing. 

Zadina should stay at 6 where we took him. Or even pass Kotkaniemi to 5. 

No way he jumps to 5... please play again

3 minutes ago, mackel said:

No way he jumps to 5... please play again

Not saying that he should but one could make a case for him atleast being on the same level as Kotkaniemi.

Or is it Hayton you disagree with me on? 

16 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Not saying that he should but one could make a case for him atleast being on the same level as Kotkaniemi.

Or is it Hayton you disagree with me on? 

No I think at this point Kotkaniemi has played better in a more important role and I think Hayton will follow the same path...

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

More absurd than ceiling = Tatar?

You do know what a "ceiling" is don't you? How many player actually hit their projected ceiling? I've even said that Kucherov level is unlikely, but certainly not impossible. Especially when you consider that Zadina is ahead of where Kucherov was at the same age (NHL totals), has a much higher draft pedigree, similar build, similar skill set. The question is, will Zadina put it all together the way Kucherov has? Again, unlikely, but not out of the question...

He will not be a total bust (out of the NHL in a couple years), as mackel seems to think, and he will most definitely be a better player than Tatar. Under the right circumstances, Zadina can develop into a point per game winger.

For a guy that is struggling to make the nhl, the ceiling is NOT the Art Ross Trophy Winner position.  It IS top 6 winger scoring 50-70 pts, aka Tatar.  Your smug know it all attitude is rearing its ugly head again.  And like your trade proposals, your arguments are looking ridiculous.  Winnepeg probably wont do Laine for Mantha, Pittsburgh probably wont give us Letang for Cholowski, and Rasmussen's ceiling = Eric Lindros.  Why even say anything if everything that you are gonna say is of the "no sh$t, Sherlock" variety?

Jesperi Kotkaniemi: 115 NHL games played. 42 points. 0.36 PPG average.

Barrett Hayton: Only 20 NHL games played so far. 4 points. 0.20 PPG average.

Filip Zadina: 34 NHL games played. 18 points. 0.53 PPG average.

I can pick any random 2nd grader off the school bus and ask them which of these players is the best so far and they would all pick #3.

You're either joking or know nothing about hockey.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Just now, mackel said:

No I think at this point Kotkaniemi has played better in a more important role and I think Hayton will follow the same path...

Must confess I dont watch a lot of Montreal games though I have heard rumblings about Kotkaniemi struggling too being even sent back to AHL this season. 

I was basically comparing stats since these kids were drafted and Hayton does not look better than Zadina in any way. First season being over a point per game player in juniors was his draft+1 year. Too small of a sample size in the AHL and worse numbers in the NHL than Zadina. 

Zadina is a better prospect right now than Hayton. Unless you prefer good ol’ canadian boys to euro prima donnas. 

Also I think I need to point out that I only commented on the Hockey Writers re-draft. To determine which of the kids will end up busts or hall-off-famers I’ll leave up to the rest of you. 

I’m not a huge Zadina-fanboy myself and I think we can all agree on him having a longer learning-curve than we would have liked but I still thinks its unnecessary to write him off too soon. 

25 minutes ago, mackel said:

6 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Zadina is a better prospect right now than Hayton. Unless you prefer good ol’ canadian boys to euro prima donnas. 

No. He prefers to be right, even when facts and figures say otherwise.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

There is a significant difference between Hudler and Hossa. What's your point? That you don't understand my line of argument and simple comparisons?

There's also a significant difference between someone without the IQ to understand my argument and some who does. Guess which camp you fall in.

CRL: " Zadina is a bust"...

CRL: "Well, not really a bust per se, but in the mold of a Hudler, Nyquist, Tatar"...

CRL: "Zadina's potential to be a very complete Hossa type winger is definitely there"...

Nope, not backpedaling at all...

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Except for the fact that you're wrong...

45 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

For a guy that is struggling to make the nhl, the ceiling is NOT the Art Ross Trophy Winner position.  It IS top 6 winger scoring 50-70 pts, aka Tatar.  Your smug know it all attitude is rearing its ugly head again.  And like your trade proposals, your arguments are looking ridiculous.  Winnepeg probably wont do Laine for Mantha, Pittsburgh probably wont give us Letang for Cholowski, and Rasmussen's ceiling = Eric Lindros.  Why even say anything if everything that you are gonna say is of the "no sh$t, Sherlock" variety?

Struggling to make the NHL? Says who? He's 20 years old, and will absolutely, 100% be on the opening night roster, and play a full season in the NHL next season...

So there's zero chance he comes close to Kucherov, despite being ahead of him in his development at the same age? Yeah, okay. Again, not likely, but not impossible either.

First of all, I never said any of those things. Not even close. Secondly, what I'm saying here is not all that far fetched. Basically, he will be better than a 2nd line winger, likely a top line winger, with the potential to be a top winger in the league. Again, very plausible.

40 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

CRL: " Zadina is a bust"...

CRL: "Well, not really a bust per se, but in the mold of a Hudler, Nyquist, Tatar"...

CRL: "Zadina's potential to be a very complete Hossa type winger is definitely there"...

Nope, not backpedaling at all...

Except for the fact that you're wrong...

Struggling to make the NHL? Says who? He's 20 years old, and will absolutely, 100% be on the opening night roster, and play a full season in the NHL next season...

So there's zero chance he comes close to Kucherov, despite being ahead of him in his development at the same age? Yeah, okay. Again, not likely, but not impossible either.

First of all, I never said any of those things. Not even close. Secondly, what I'm saying here is not all that far fetched. Basically, he will be better than a 2nd line winger, likely a top line winger, with the potential to be a top winger in the league. Again, very plausible.

Im actually ok with what you just said.  But yes, he will not be the highest scoring player in the league.  If you want to say his ceiling is top line winger, i think you could make a convincing argument.  

1 minute ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Im actually ok with what you just said.  

Well, that's a relief...

4 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

But yes, he will not be the highest scoring player in the league.  If you want to say his ceiling is top line winger, i think you could make a convincing argument.  

I'd be a little disappointed if Zadina tops out as a 2nd line winger (Tatar). I don't see that being the case though. I think at the very least, Zadina will be a very good top line winger (Hossa). He won't likely be one of the top wingers in the league (Kucherov), but I wouldn't completely rule it out. He's still very young, and has looked good, despite what some may lead you to believe...

40 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Well, that's a relief...

I'd be a little disappointed if Zadina tops out as a 2nd line winger (Tatar). I don't see that being the case though. I think at the very least, Zadina will be a very good top line winger (Hossa). He won't likely be one of the top wingers in the league (Kucherov), but I wouldn't completely rule it out. He's still very young, and has looked good, despite what some may lead you to believe...

One thing that leads me to believe Zadina will get better is his lower body.  Dude is as brickhouse waste down.  Thats a good sign.

10 minutes ago, SwedeWings said:

I would really like Matt Murray as our starting goaltender next season if he is avaliable! Perheps the price is not to high either.

What do you think he would cost us in a trade for his rights versus a sign-and-trade?