• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I wouldnt mind re-signing Gagner as the 3C if Nielsen gets bought out. Veleno isn't ready yet, and Moose will probably play wing. 

Completely agree.

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Glendening will be re-signed. Of course they could get around exposing him by waiting until July 1st to do it.

I'd be open to re-signing Gagner this off season, and Glendening and Helm after next season, all to short-term, 1-2 year contracts.

24 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Literally just google "NHL free agents 2020": https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/

Remarkable, I know.

Aren’t you flowing with sarcasm today. But thank you actually posting something relevant to hockey and the thread. 

But I do like the Hockey News a bit better for the read:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-top-30-unrestricted-free-agents-of-2020

Edited by Rivalred

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Discussing the board isn't relevant to the board? Why are you discussing the nature of my posts? That's off topic. Please get back to begging folks for easily findable google searches. That's on topic.

2020 Offseason is the topic. What is your take on free agency?

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Im not angry at ya lil fella, just cant understand what youre saying when u miss words and what not

Have you ever actually joined in with a gathering of some of the members of this site watching a game at the bar?

Right now, I wouldn't mind seeing Yzerman offer contracts to BOTH Namestnikov and Galcheyuk. Guessing they'll cost about $5.5M to $6.5M each....

Along with Gagner if he wants to come back...

Here is what I have ATM. I used the buyout on Nielsen (if I get two I'll use it on Abby too) but I just stuck with one. Bertuzzi MAY cost more than $3.5M but with Z's LTIR I still have $17.5M available. I do need 2 more players to either sign or call up, including a G. I am at 21 players WITH my two UFA (3 with Gagner) signings.

Lindstrom may be to guy before McIsaac, but I was basically looking at salaries, and Gus only makes $500 more, so it would be a wash. Plus we know DD will get injured again, so he'll be up. With $17.5M, we could even make a nice UFA D signing and a G really. Maybe Krug wants to play at home for a big long deal? 

The following RFA's I let would qualify, but they'd be headed to GR or picked up from another team off wiavers. I also let Goloubef walk as a UFA.

Also, I traded Cholowski at the draft for a pick, hopefully he'd get us a 2nd, but I'd be ok with a 3rd.

Edited by LeftWinger

On 6/29/2020 at 2:01 PM, LeftWinger said:

Right now, I wouldn't mind seeing Yzerman offer contracts to BOTH Namestnikov and Galcheyuk. Knowing they'll cost about $5.5M to $6.5M each....

Along with Gagner if he wants to come back...

Here is what I have ATM. I used the buyout on Nielsen (if I get two I'll use it on Abby too) but I just stuck with one. Bertuzzi MAY cost more than $3.5M but with Z's LTIR I still have $17.5M available. I do need 2 more players to either sign or call up, including a G. I am at 21 players WITH my two UFA (3 with Gagner) signings.

Lindstrom may be to guy before McIsaac, but I was basically looking at salaries, and Gus only makes $500 more, so it would be a wash. Plus we know DD will get injured again, so he'll be up. With $17.5M, we could even make a nice UFA D signing and a G really. Maybe Krug wants to play at home for a big long deal? 

image.png.494db6ba4a5c3d80b5261e966059392a.png

The following RFA's I let would qualify, but they'd be headed to GR or picked up from another team off wiavers. I also let Goloubef walk as a UFA.

image.png.fbd5278c6e7c9064c92511baef571e6b.png

Also, I traded Cholowski at the draft for a pick, hopefully he'd get us a 2nd, but I'd be ok with a 3rd.

6 million galchenyuk? Jesus you nuts? Lol 5.5 for namesnikov also sounds like 1.5-2 at least  too much

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

On 6/29/2020 at 3:31 PM, LeftWinger said:

Right now, I wouldn't mind seeing Yzerman offer contracts to BOTH Namestnikov and Galcheyuk. Knowing they'll cost about $5.5M to $6.5M each....

I'd say they're more like $4.5-5.5M, and I wouldn't sign either, unless it's with the plan to flip them for assets at the deadline.

McIsaac isn't making the team out of camp next season. I'd say he's at least one full season away.

With an extra long off-season, I expect DeKeyser to be fully healthy, and finally play close to a full season again.

No to Krug.

This would be a terrible trade. People are turning on Cholowski way too quickly. He hasn't been great, but he's still only 22 years old, and has shown great offensive upside in both Grand Rapids and Detroit. If he can figure out the defensive end, he could be a reliable top four defenseman. Worst case scenario, he's a better version of Brendan Smith, and we held onto him until he was 28, and still got a 2nd and 3rd round pick for him. Trading Cholowski now for a 2nd OR 3rd round pick would be terrible asset management.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Hosers. 

A little sad that we don't have any UFA signings to complain about today. 

With respect to our current D prospects, I think history has shown that we can only realistically expect that maybe 2 of them become legit NHLers. 

So Seider + one of Cholowski, McIsacc, Tuomisto, Lidstrom, Johansson, etc. 

If you're napkinning a lineup that includes 2 or 3 guys beyond Seider you're doing it wrong. 

21 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Hosers. 

A little sad that we don't have any UFA signings to complain about today. 

With respect to our current D prospects, I think history has shown that we can only realistically expect that maybe 2 of them become legit NHLers. 

So Seider + one of Cholowski, McIsacc, Tuomisto, Lidstrom, Johansson, etc. 

If you're napkinning a lineup that includes 2 or 3 guys beyond Seider you're doing it wrong. 

This. We have two sure dmen in Hronek and Seider. Lidstrom will likely be a third pairing dman, which is fine. But we still need a top pairing dman and a second pairing dman. It's still very much our weakest position. 

On 6/30/2020 at 10:19 PM, nyqvististhefuture said:

6 million galchenyuk? Jesus you nuts? Lol 5.5 for namesnikov also sounds like 1.5-2 at least  too much

I was just going by what they made last contract and giving them a raise, plus offering them more to come here, because we will for sure have to throw more money out there to get someone to come here. Pus we have even more cap available, so giving up some big bucks isn't going to hurt us.

Edited by LeftWinger

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I was just going by what they made last contract and giving them a raise, plus offering them more to come here, because we will for sure have to throw more money out there to get someone to come here. Pus we have even more cap available, so giving up some big bucks isn't going to hurt us.

Hed be lucky to get a 1 yr x4 mill deal from anyone

22 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Hed be lucky to get a 1 yr x4 mill deal from anyone

Which one? I'd gladly give either one $4M a year to come here. I just figured it may cost more because we'd have to convince them to come here...and we do have the cap to overpay someone to choose us, so hopefully since Yzerman got screwed at the lottery, he has some UFA tricks up his sleeve with so much cap room. Not sure what those two would get as UFA, but adding them makes us a better scoring team, IMO. It'd be nice to acquire players via UFA and get this team back near 100 points and jam it in the noses of the NHL! A couple of scoring forwards, and good D or 2 addition (Seider being one of them) along with a very good G tandem and we're there. Screw Uncle Gary and his "lottery!" I'll develop who we have, draft a high scoring forward at #4, knock the 2nd round out of the park and find me 2-3 higher end UFA's and put this franchise right back in the thick of it all!

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Which one? I'd gladly give either one $4M a year to come here. I just figured it may cost more because we'd have to convince them to come here...and we do have the cap to overpay someone to choose us, so hopefully since Yzerman got screwed at the lottery, he has some UFA tricks up his sleeve with so much cap room. Not sure what those two would get as UFA, but adding them makes us a better scoring team, IMO. It'd be nice to acquire players via UFA and get this team back near 100 points and jam it in the noses of the NHL! A couple of scoring forwards, and good D or 2 addition (Seider being one of them) along with a very good G tandem and we're there. Screw Uncle Gary and his "lottery!" I'll develop who we have, draft a high scoring forward at #4, knock the 2nd round out of the park and find me 2-3 higher end UFA's and put this franchise right back in the thick of it all!

Keep dreaming...  we're way closer to a rebuild reset than being a rising team.  At this point we have to commit to stripping it down; going the UFA route only makes us average.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Both will probably be around the 4 million mark? Id only sign galchenyuk to come here one year deal with the hope of him coming around with more ice time in detroit and trading him at the deadline for hopefully multiple picks(i dont think he’ll have many options for a yearly salary around 4 per) 

namesnikov will get multiple seasons , pass on him we got enough crap on 2+ seasons locked up ... not saying hes crap but we need to get rid of countless deadweight , adding galchenyuk and maybe a schultz on d would only be for one year deals to trade them , and if someone like schultz asks for 2 yrs maybe id consider it only if yzerman knows hes willing to trade his ass at the deadline regardless , we were the worst team in the league and had f*** all to sell at the deadline for it , it was a pitiful deadline . Id like to add a few more assets to get rid of after 

That being said yzerman already has deadweight to get rid of and guys like givani smith pushing for a spot.

We’re not ready to start signing top ufa’s to detroit and compete ... only chance of that happening is us getting rid of nielsen,abdelkader etc... and signing pietrangelo,krug,hall,lehner ... and then regretting it 5 yrs down the line

Best course of action is keep it going , add a few bad contracts to get high assets back ,sign a galchenyuk type and hope you can get a 2nd + back and let the kids compete 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Both will probably be around the 4 million mark? Id only sign galchenyuk to come here one year deal with the hope of him coming around with more ice time in detroit and trading him at the deadline for hopefully multiple picks(i dont think he’ll have many options for a yearly salary around 4 per) 

namesnikov will get multiple seasons , pass on him we got enough crap on 2+ seasons locked up ... not saying hes crap but we need to get rid of countless deadweight , adding galchenyuk and maybe a schultz on d would only be for one year deals to trade them , and if someone like schultz asks for 2 yrs maybe id consider it only if yzerman knows hes willing to trade his ass at the deadline regardless , we were the worst team in the league and had f*** all to sell at the deadline for it , it was a pitiful deadline . Id like to add a few more assets to get rid of after 

That being said yzerman already has deadweight to get rid of and guys like givani smith pushing for a spot.

We’re not ready to start signing top ufa’s to detroit and compete ... only chance of that happening is us getting rid of nielsen,abdelkader etc... and signing pietrangelo,krug,hall,lehner ... and then regretting it 5 yrs down the line

Best course of action is keep it going , add a few bad contracts to get high assets back ,sign a galchenyuk type and hope you can get a 2nd + back and let the kids compete 

I guess I can see what you are saying, but at one point we have to get a UFA or 2 and jump start a build. If we get a compliance buyout, we will be losing one of Abby or Nielsen, also you say Smith is pushing for a spot, but he had a few auditions last season and didn't show that he is 100% ready for the NHL. Plus, is he just a 4th liner? It seems that there are some players that Yzerman likes in Detroit more.  I think that adding a couple of players the caliber of the two I mentioned would help us out, now and later. They are 26 and 27 respectively and if they signed a 2-3 year deal, with no NTC they could be dealt at anytime. But if they worked out, especially a third line with Timashov like I showed, it could be a real good thing! Especially if they are only gonna get $4M like you are saying. For three years, that's a real good deal. I'd like to see it. I like Smith, but he didn't impress me enough to guarantee him a spot. I'd much rather upgrade the offense since we do have a lot of cap space. We have enough to give Bert and Mantha nice big raises, re-sign some other RFA's and even off Gagner another contract. We could even throw some money at a top rated D. We have enough cap to overpay for the talent. I am probably off on their worth, but again, I was just giving them enough to outbid other teams. Plus I wasn't looking to sign any grand slam players like Hall, who will get top dollar from someone. The two Russian's are a nice middle of the road signing that upgrades our team. Anyhow, I can see Yzerman doing what you said and just staying the course, but I would love to see him make some signings. Besides, look at last summer, he did make a couple of middle of the road signings to solidify the team, even though they didn't make us much better.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I guess I can see what you are saying, but at one point we have to get a UFA or 2 and jump start a build. If we get a compliance buyout, we will be losing one of Abby or Nielsen, also you say Smith is pushing for a spot, but he had a few auditions last season and didn't show that he is 100% ready for the NHL. Plus, is he just a 4th liner? It seems that there are some players that Yzerman likes in Detroit more.  I think that adding a couple of players the caliber of the two I mentioned would help us out, now and later. They are 26 and 27 respectively and if they signed a 2-3 year deal, with no NTC they could be dealt at anytime. But if they worked out, especially a third line with Timashov like I showed, it could be a real good thing! Especially if they are only gonna get $4M like you are saying. For three years, that's a real good deal. I'd like to see it. I like Smith, but he didn't impress me enough to guarantee him a spot. I'd much rather upgrade the offense since we do have a lot of cap space. We have enough to give Bert and Mantha nice big raises, re-sign some other RFA's and even off Gagner another contract. We could even throw some money at a top rated D. We have enough cap to overpay for the talent. I am probably off on their worth, but again, I was just giving them enough to outbid other teams. Plus I wasn't looking to sign any grand slam players like Hall, who will get top dollar from someone. The two Russian's are a nice middle of the road signing that upgrades our team. Anyhow, I can see Yzerman doing what you said and just staying the course, but I would love to see him make some signings. Besides, look at last summer, he did make a couple of middle of the road signings to solidify the team, even though they didn't make us much better.

We have nothing to jump start at the moment , why would we want to lock up guys to 3 year deals when we have guys we need to get rid of first ... nielsen,abdelkader,helm etc... + adding in guys in the next 2-3 seasons hopefully in rasmussen,veleno,#4 pick , smith,brome,berggren

smith just turned 22 in february... we have way too many bottom line guys on this team , if we can get rid of some hed be a nice fit , he can fight and brings a physicality we lack

We shouldnt be signing anyone unless its for short term deals to flip them at the deadline to add more picks , i could be wrong but galchenyuk is a prime candidate, wont get many suitors and if he can bounce back it would net us a nice return . Namesnikov  could get a 3/4 year deal depending his cap 

Why would we ever want to bring sam gagner back? We wouldnt even be able to flip him , if were gonna sign a center to a one year deal maybe go for a soderberg or brassard 

Anyways i doubt anyone significant would want to come here , best course of action it to take on a bad contract for assets , sign a few short term guys , maybe yzerman gets lucky with seattle coming and can pry a few good kids off a team, we’ll see