• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We have nothing to jump start at the moment , why would we want to lock up guys to 3 year deals when we have guys we need to get rid of first ... nielsen,abdelkader,helm etc... + adding in guys in the next 2-3 seasons hopefully in rasmussen,veleno,#4 pick , smith,brome,berggren

smith just turned 22 in february... we have way too many bottom line guys on this team , if we can get rid of some hed be a nice fit , he can fight and brings a physicality we lack

We shouldnt be signing anyone unless its for short term deals to flip them at the deadline to add more picks , i could be wrong but galchenyuk is a prime candidate, wont get many suitors and if he can bounce back it would net us a nice return . Namesnikov  could get a 3/4 year deal depending his cap 

Why would we ever want to bring sam gagner back? We wouldnt even be able to flip him , if were gonna sign a center to a one year deal maybe go for a soderberg or brassard 

Anyways i doubt anyone significant would want to come here , best course of action it to take on a bad contract for assets , sign a few short term guys , maybe yzerman gets lucky with seattle coming and can pry a few good kids off a team, we’ll see 

yep, we will see...

22 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We have nothing to jump start at the moment , why would we want to lock up guys to 3 year deals when we have guys we need to get rid of first ... nielsen,abdelkader,helm etc... + adding in guys in the next 2-3 seasons hopefully in rasmussen,veleno,#4 pick , smith,brome,berggren

smith just turned 22 in february... we have way too many bottom line guys on this team , if we can get rid of some hed be a nice fit , he can fight and brings a physicality we lack

We shouldnt be signing anyone unless its for short term deals to flip them at the deadline to add more picks , i could be wrong but galchenyuk is a prime candidate, wont get many suitors and if he can bounce back it would net us a nice return . Namesnikov  could get a 3/4 year deal depending his cap 

Why would we ever want to bring sam gagner back? We wouldnt even be able to flip him , if were gonna sign a center to a one year deal maybe go for a soderberg or brassard 

Anyways i doubt anyone significant would want to come here , best course of action it to take on a bad contract for assets , sign a few short term guys , maybe yzerman gets lucky with seattle coming and can pry a few good kids off a team, we’ll see 

^^^Literally all of this!       We need so many picks that the league can't work out how to f*** us in the lotto.

The only UFA we should sign is a goalie... and at this point it might as well be Howard, or Ayers (remember that guy) why not?  Just a warm body to spell off Bernier.

On 7/4/2020 at 8:02 PM, mackel said:

^^^Literally all of this!       We need so many picks that the league can't work out how to f*** us in the lotto.

The only UFA we should sign is a goalie... and at this point it might as well be Howard, or Ayers (remember that guy) why not?  Just a warm body to spell off Bernier.

Id have no problem trying out a galchenyuk whos young enough and if he goes back to 20-25 goal pace can fetch us a 2nd+ 

please dont bring up howard lol ... if we get a goalie to just one year greiss would be perfect but if we sign a goalie x1 then after next season we’ll have zero goalies locked up

Pius suter is coming to north america ,24 and top scorer in swiss league ... we added brome and have a ton of kids fighting for spots and more importantly horrible contracts to get rid of but should we be considering taking a chance?

i wouldnt have but i seen he played with bertuzzi and fabbri at guelph .... could be something to consider 

16 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Pius suter is coming to north america ,24 and top scorer in swiss league ... we added brome and have a ton of kids fighting for spots and more importantly horrible contracts to get rid of but should we be considering taking a chance?

i wouldnt have but i seen he played with bertuzzi and fabbri at guelph .... could be something to consider 

It's never a bad thing to take a chance on a free agent, but chances are, like Brome, he's probably another minor league acquisition for some team.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It's never a bad thing to take a chance on a free agent, but chances are, like Brome, he's probably another minor league acquisition for some team.

Maybe ,but considering how s*** we are he might be a decent option especially if he still hs chemistry with bertuzzi and fabbri . We just need to get rid of some deadweight

55 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Maybe ,but considering how s*** we are he might be a decent option especially if he still hs chemistry with bertuzzi and fabbri . We just need to get rid of some deadweight

I doubt we're getting rid of much dead weight. We're likely not getting a buyout, which could be a good thing, if Yzerman can weaponize his cap space. Nielsen or Abdelkader might get demoted to GR, but probably not. And honestly, contract aside, I doubt Brome or Suter would be *much* of an upgrade over either. They're younger, so they have that going for them, but I'd say at best they're bottom six wingers, which we have more than enough of. If any player wants to come here on a two-way, league minimum contract, sure, but I doubt any of these players will make any meaningful impact on the team.

In short... Sure, why not...

On 7/9/2020 at 4:49 PM, nyqvististhefuture said:

Id have no problem trying out a galchenyuk whos young enough and if he goes back to 20-25 goal pace can fetch us a 2nd+ 

please dont bring up howard lol ... if we get a goalie to just one year greiss would be perfect but if we sign a goalie x1 then after next season we’ll have zero goalies locked up

If the team is gonna spend money on a goalie, may as well get one who can stop pucks. Howard is the equivalent of an empty net at this point.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:36 PM, nyqvististhefuture said:

1. If Nielsen is bought out, the team will need another Center.

2. Gagner would be a cheap 1 year signing.

3. Teams are looking for veteran depth at the TDL, and Gagner would easily get a 3rd round pick.

4. Aren't you the one who always wants to trade everyone for draft picks, including depth players for late round picks? 

12 hours ago, chaps80 said:

If the team is gonna spend money on a goalie, may as well get one who can stop pucks. Howard is the equivalent of an empty net at this point.

Thats not true. His fat butt fills the entire net.

1 hour ago, Wings3:16 said:

So who's gonna go postal if Howard is re-signed for a year or 2? :lol:

Not me. It gonna happen.

36 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. If Nielsen is bought out, the team will need another Center.

2. Gagner would be a cheap 1 year signing.

3. Teams are looking for veteran depth at the TDL, and Gagner would easily get a 3rd round pick.

4. Aren't you the one who always wants to trade everyone for draft picks, including depth players for late round picks? 

Thats not true. His fat butt fills the entire net.

Not me. It gonna happen.

I don't think there will be any compliance buyouts, which could actually play in our favor, assuming Yzerman (Illitch) is willing to take on a bad contract to gain assets... I'd still consider using a regular buyout on Nielsen though. And yeah, I'd be okay with bring Gagner back on a 1-2 year deal. He can still play, and is an upgrade over several players in our bottom six. Oh, and he's a right-handed shot...

2 hours ago, Wings3:16 said:

So who's gonna go postal if Howard is re-signed for a year or 2? :lol:

Howard should NOT be re-signed, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if he were. I'd rather go a different route via free agency or trade, but this team is a ways away yet, with or without Howard.

38 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Howard should NOT be re-signed, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if he were. I'd rather go a different route via free agency or trade, but this team is a ways away yet, with or without Howard.

Agreed...a different route....ANY ROUTE! Just to change it up. I think we'll be OK without his annual 2 wins

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2020/07/saginaw-spirit-sign-detroit-red-wings-prospect-albin-grewe.html

I like that move, Grewe might be a real nice Bert-like addition in a few years. If he shows what he promises and Det signs him to an entry level contract while he´s playing in Saginaw, could we still send him to GR or Ras-like NHL or OHL?

19 hours ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Hey @ely s that's awesome!

Doesn't Chris Draper own the Spirit or something? I could see us picking Cole Perfetti because of that. An inside knowledge kind of thing. But personally I prefer Marco Rossi. Though it would be cool to see Grewe and a Red Wings Perfetti building a connection together in Saginaw I guess.

I believe the Detroit Red Wings traded Greeny for a 4th. So I'm less than 100% positive that Sam Gagner would garner a 3rd. But I would take it!

My best,

3rd line F will get you a 3rd

Word on the street is Vancouver is looking to trade Brock Boeser for cap relief.

Go. Get. Him.

The guy's a stud, he's 23, he's a righty and he rounds out our top six really well.

Bert-Larkin-Mantha

Boeser-Rossi-Zadina

Rasmussen-Veleno-Mastrosimone/Berggren

I'm drooling over that top 9.

Edited by kipwinger

59 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Word on the street is Vancouver is looking to trade Brock Boeser for cap relief.

Go. Get. Him.

The guy's a stud, he's 23, he's a righty and he rounds out our top six really well.

Bert-Larkin-Mantha

Boeser-Rossi-Zadina

Rasmussen-Veleno-Mastrosimone/Berggren

I'm drooling over that top 9.

Benning has already come out and said that Boeser is not available. However, this sort of thing happens all the time. Player is rumored to be available, GM says rumor is false, player gets traded shortly after...

In saying that, even if he is available, it's not like if would be a cap dump. I think he'd still cost a fair bit to acquire, unless we also take Eriksson in the trade...

To DET: Loui Eriksson, Brock Boeser

To VAN: Dennis Cholowski

That seems fair to me, but maybe add in a pick or two to even it out one way or the other...

53 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Benning has already come out and said that Boeser is not available. However, this sort of thing happens all the time. Player is rumored to be available, GM says rumor is false, player gets traded shortly after...

In saying that, even if he is available, it's not like if would be a cap dump. I think he'd still cost a fair bit to acquire, unless we also take Eriksson in the trade...

To DET: Loui Eriksson, Brock Boeser

To VAN: Dennis Cholowski

That seems fair to me, but maybe add in a pick or two to even it out one way or the other...

You should have probably linked this article if you're going to suggest literally every single thing they advocate in it.  Otherwise it looks like you're trying to pass off their ideas as your own.  Clearly you'd never do that.

https://thehockeywriters.com/red-wings-boeser-trade-target/

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You should have probably linked this article if you're going to suggest literally every single thing they advocate in it.  Otherwise it looks like you're trying to pass off their ideas as your own.  Clearly you'd never do that.

https://thehockeywriters.com/red-wings-boeser-trade-target/

You're right. I would never do that. As hard as it may be for you to fathom, it is possible that two different people can have the same idea on a matter... I didn't read that article, and if I had, I absolutely would have credited the source. I always quote sources. Why would you assume this time be any different? I could care less whether or not you believe me, but don't f***ing accuse me of something I didn't do.

I don't think that author's Cholowski + EDM's 2nd proposal gets us anywhere close, even if we agree to take on Eriksson. Maybe Fabbri + sweetener?

I'd love to get Boeser, and I'd be willing to pay a pretty steep price, but I'm guessing the Devils or Sens use a 1st to land him (if he does indeed get moved).

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I don't think that author's Cholowski + EDM's 2nd proposal gets us anywhere close, even if we agree to take on Eriksson. Maybe Fabbri + sweetener?

I'd love to get Boeser, and I'd be willing to pay a pretty steep price, but I'm guessing the Devils or Sens use a 1st to land him (if he does indeed get moved).

I think it should be enough, or very close, if you consider trading Eriksson alone should net a 1st round pick, at the very least. So the question then is, is Boeser worth more than a 1st round pick, a 22 year old former 1st round pick, and a 2nd round pick? I'm not sure, but it's definitely close in my opinion.

Adding Fabbri along with a sweetener? along with Cholowski, a 2nd round pick and taking on two years of one of the worst contracts in the league seems pretty steep to me...

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You're right. I would never do that. As hard as it may be for you to fathom, it is possible that two different people can have the same idea on a matter... I didn't read that article, and if I had, I absolutely would have credited the source. I always quote sources. Why would you assume this time be any different? I could care less whether or not you believe me, but don't f***ing accuse me of something I didn't do.

It's a good thing you don't care, but I DEFINITELY don't believe you.

23 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's a good thing you don't care, but I DEFINITELY don't believe you.

Yeah, it's obviously such a convoluted, big brain idea, that only THE Devin Little could come up with. I'm sure not a single other person could come up with such a complex trade scenario... I mean, a cap dump going to a rebuilding team, with ample cap space? Crazy... A young prospect going the other way to the team he grew up idolizing? Crazier...

But really, why the f*** would I try to pass it off as my own idea if it wasn't? LOL you're such a f***ing tool.