• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

On 7/17/2020 at 5:24 AM, Andy Pred 48 said:

Chicago just signed the Swiss kid. 

Man i didnt even hear of it . Oh well , pretty sad to think most ppl dont want to come to detroit now . Anyways f*** him 

i was thinking with all the eriksson to redwings rumors etc .... any chance stevie can work on a deal to chase podkolzin?? I know we ended up with seider but if i recall i do think yzerman was really high on him . Not saying itll get done as the likelyhood is slim to none but maybe benning gets desperate and wants to win now and we can make a bold move where we take 2-3 bad contracts in a package deal involving him?

Off the top of my head. ... Erikssson, beagle , ferland ... 12.5 cap space off canucks books , alot of money for us to take on but we got the cap for a few seasons to make the move 

eriksson+beagle+ferland+podkolzin+ 1st 2020 for ( we can eat salary and flip ferland)

Cholowski rasmussen bowey 3rd 2021 ( both b.c boys and first rounders, maybe itll fish benning in)

anyways just shooting b.s out there , know it wont happen but im sure yzerman will ask about podkolzin if benning calls us 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Man i didnt even hear of it . Oh well , pretty sad to think most ppl dont want to come to detroit now . Anyways f*** him 

i was thinking with all the eriksson to redwings rumors etc .... any chance stevie can work on a deal to chase podkolzin?? I know we ended up with seider but if i recall i do think yzerman was really high on him . Not saying itll get done as the likelyhood is slim to none but maybe benning gets desperate and wants to win now and we can make a bold move where we take 2-3 bad contracts in a package deal involving him?

Off the top of my head. ... Erikssson, beagle , ferland ... 12.5 cap space off canucks books , alot of money for us to take on but we got the cap for a few seasons to make the move 

eriksson+beagle+ferland+podkolzin+ 1st 2020 for ( we can eat salary and flip ferland)

Cholowski rasmussen bowey 3rd 2021 ( both b.c boys and first rounders, maybe itll fish benning in)

anyways just shooting b.s out there , know it wont happen but im sure yzerman will ask about podkolzin if benning calls us 

He would trade Boeser before Pods.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Maybe , but if they’re trying to make a hard push now keeping boeser would be the better bet. I wanted us to get podkolzin so i like him but hes probably a few yrs away and still an unknown commodity. Boeser is a 30 goal guy 

if they can get rid of all that salary +suter and pearson run out in 1 they can resign everyone and maybe even go after a hall in free agency if they really wanted to ... although if they go the free agent route , keeping everyone and going hardcore for  a pietrangelo to play with hughes might make them a serious contender

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I think Vancouver wins that trade, unless Podkolzin develops into a stud (I wouldn't bet on it). We shouldn't have to give up Cholowski and Rasmussen, if we're taking on all that cap space (terrible contracts)... Also, Vancouver traded away their 2020 1st round pick.

Benning has made some questionable moves for sure, but no way he would rather give up a proven, near point per game, top line winger, over an unproven prospect. Podkolzin *might* be as good as Boeser some day, if everything goes right...

But if that's the case, give us Boeser... Benning has said that he's not on the trade block, but if we're taking Loui Eriksson's contract, that's the main piece I'd be looking at in return.

On 7/20/2020 at 10:16 PM, krsmith17 said:

I think Vancouver wins that trade, unless Podkolzin develops into a stud (I wouldn't bet on it). We shouldn't have to give up Cholowski and Rasmussen, if we're taking on all that cap space (terrible contracts)... Also, Vancouver traded away their 2020 1st round pick.

Benning has made some questionable moves for sure, but no way he would rather give up a proven, near point per game, top line winger, over an unproven prospect. Podkolzin *might* be as good as Boeser some day, if everything goes right...

But if that's the case, give us Boeser... Benning has said that he's not on the trade block, but if we're taking Loui Eriksson's contract, that's the main piece I'd be looking at in return.

Canucks apparently need cap space. They really want to resign Toffoli. Boeser has had injury problems for 3 seasons. Trading Podz does nothing to help with that.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Canucks apparently need cap space. They really want to resign Toffoli. Boeser has had injury problems for 3 seasons. Trading Podz does nothing to help with that.

Canucks definitely need cap space, but they won't trade one of their top offensive players to alleviate that. If they want to shed cap space, they can trade Eriksson or Sutter or Beagle or whoever, but they won't trade Boeser for that reason.

Boeser >>> Toffoli, and five years younger.

Boeser has had some freak injuries, but no reoccurring, and none that would suggest he won't be healthy going forward. When healthy, he's one of the best players on the Canucks.

This coming season will determine if he's expansion draft protected or left exposed.

The expansion draft is irrelevant for any players on 2021 expiring contracts. If the Wings want to keep him, and Svechnikov wants to stay in Detroit, they negotiate a contract and sign after the expansion draft has taken place. 

Regardless, Yzerman is going to be hard pressed to find 7 forwards that MUST be protected. Worst case scenario, we'll be losing another Nosek, replacement level player.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Regardless, Yzerman is going to be hard pressed to find 7 forwards that MUST be protected. Worst case scenario, we'll be losing another Nosek, replacement level player.

Not really.

Larkin, Bert, Mantha, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Nielsen (NMC, must be protected).

That 7th F spot is between Svech and Timashov IMO.

Glendening will be an UFA, so the Wings could just re-sign him July 1st (which I think he would do) and avoid having to protect him.

They could try the same with Svech, but if he has a really good bounce back season, I would rather re-sign and protect him rather than risk losing him in free agency.

So I use the 7th F spot on whichever player has the better season between Svech and Timo.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not really.

Glendening will be an UFA, so the Wings could just re-sign him July 1st (which I think he would do) and avoid having to protect him.

They could try the same with Svech, but if he has a really good bounce back season, I would rather re-sign and protect him rather than risk losing him in free agency.

So I use the 7th F spot on whichever player has the better season between Svech and Timo.

Nielsen does not need to be protected, and definitely won't be protected.

We have two forward spots remaining after the obvious Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, and Rasmussen. Yeah, Svechnikov and Timashov will be in the mix, but don't be surprised if Smith is there as well, by the end of next season. Either way, like I said, we won't be losing anything too significant.

I'd say worst case scenario, we lose a Lindstrom (3rd pair defenseman) or a Timashov (3rd line winger), and best case scenario, we give up a mid round pick to get them to take Nielsen... The latter is probably unlikely, but Seattle will be looking to take on some bad contracts to get to the cap floor. They can't build a team completely with players on entry level contracts...

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not really.

Nielsen has a modified no trade clause, no protection required.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:21 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not really.

Nielsen is no longer on a NMC. He is on a M-NTC. He does not need to be protected.

Edited by LeftWinger

41 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Nielsen is no longer on a NMC. He is on a M-NTC. He does not need to be protected.

image.png.f5db24729af98252653baca0b951ffc8.png

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Nielsen has a modified no trade clause, no protection required.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Nielsen does not need to be protected, and definitely won't be protected.

We have two forward spots remaining after the obvious Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, and Rasmussen. Yeah, Svechnikov and Timashov will be in the mix, but don't be surprised if Smith is there as well, by the end of next season. Either way, like I said, we won't be losing anything too significant.

I'd say worst case scenario, we lose a Lindstrom (3rd pair defenseman) or a Timashov (3rd line winger), and best case scenario, we give up a mid round pick to get them to take Nielsen... The latter is probably unlikely, but Seattle will be looking to take on some bad contracts to get to the cap floor. They can't build a team completely with players on entry level contracts...

The language of his modified NMC does not include anything about the expansion draft. It basically says he can't be waived, demoted, or traded to any of 10 teams on his no trade list. 

The language of the expansion draft rules does not exempt his NMC from what I can find.

The language of his modified NMC does not include anything about the expansion draft. It basically says he can't be waived, demoted, or traded to any of 10 teams on his no trade list. 

The language of the expansion draft rules does not exempt his NMC from what I can find.

Nielsen definitely 100% does not need to be protected in the upcoming expansion draft. I thought that was common knowledge at this point...

Go to the expansion draft simulator on capfriendly. You will see other with NMC on other teams automatically "checked" Frans Nielsen is not automatically checked. He will not have to be protected. 

59 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Go to the expansion draft simulator on capfriendly. You will see other with NMC on other teams automatically "checked" Frans Nielsen is not automatically checked. He will not have to be protected. 

So they're contradicting themselves.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Nielsen definitely 100% does not need to be protected in the upcoming expansion draft. I thought that was common knowledge at this point...

Don't presume to know one way or another. Just going by the information I can find. If you can find a link that says otherwise, please share.

Don't presume to know one way or another. Just going by the information I can find. If you can find a link that says otherwise, please share.

Just look up any mock expansion draft. There are countless all over the internet by some pretty reputable sources, and I've yet to see a single one with Nielsen protected. He does not need protection, he will not be protected, and he will not be selected, unless an asset is attached.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Just look up any mock expansion draft. There are countless all over the internet by some pretty reputable sources, and I've yet to see a single one with Nielsen protected. He does not need protection, he will not be protected, and he will not be selected, unless an asset is attached.

Everyplace I read it says NMC has to be protected. Nowhere have I seen that modified NMC's don't have to be. I would just like to know what the rule is and why Nielsen's wouldn't apply if it really doesn't.

39 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Everyplace I read it says NMC has to be protected. Nowhere have I seen that modified NMC's don't have to be. I would just like to know what the rule is and why Nielsen's wouldn't apply if it really doesn't.

It really doesn't. Why? I have no idea. I'm sure it has something to do with it being a modified, not full, no movement clause. Unless every beat writer and hockey expert is wrong, Nielsen does not have to be protected in the upcoming expansion draft.