• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

8:01 AM October 9th: The Detroit Red Wings have signed Derek Forbort and Colin Wilson to matching $3 mil AAV 2 years deals. The Red Wings are done for the offseason.

I hope to see a couple of trades from Yzerman to acquire picks or prospects. 

A decision on their other RFAs – The Flyers have about $9 million in cap space with RFAs in Robert Hagg, Philippe Myers and Nicolas Aube-Kubel. They may try to move James van Riemsdyk and his $7 million cap hit, but there may not be much of a market for him.

https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-philadelphia-flyers-and-the-vancouver-canucks/2020/09/07/

Would you take on JvR and 3 more years at $7M to acquire their #23 OA draft pick?

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-philadelphia-flyers-and-the-vancouver-canucks/2020/09/07/

Would you take on JvR and 3 more years at $7M to acquire their #23 OA draft pick?

No

24 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

JVR is still a very useful player. Sooooo, I'd trade for him and Philly's 23rd overall. Then flip JVR to a contender and retain about 2.5 million per year, for a couple of 2nds or a decent prospect.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Absolutely.

If Van Riemsdyk is on the block though, it won't be as a pure salary dump. JVR still has quite a bit of value, even at 31 years old, and $7M per. The Flyers could easily get an asset or two from another team, not the other way around.

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

JVR is still a very useful player. Sooooo, I'd trade for him and Philly's 23rd overall. Then flip JVR to a contender and retain about 2.5 million per year, for a couple of 2nds or a decent prospect.

He'd probably give Mantha a run for top goal scorer on this team...That is if Mantha re-signs, and can stay healthy.

Cant see the flyers giving up the 23rd pick for jvr but if so id easily take him on , eat 3.5 per and flip him again ... you’d have to think jvr 3.5 for 3 yrs would fetch us alot but i doubt itll happen

heard darren dregger say not only are teams are up against the cap but there will be teams with internal cap now within the 70s ... maybe the flyers are one of them? Wonder which teams are looking to shed money we need to take advantage of this and pounce on 2-3 1sts 

This is exciting

tsn insider trading

Darren Dreger: Before you get to 2020-21 and the start of next season, what that might look like, there's going to be season-ending chaos at the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Teams are in organizational meetings right now around the National Hockey League, especially the cap teams trying to figure out how do they get down to that flat cap of $81.5 million. Beyond that there's another group of teams because of financial situations involving their NHL owners who are looking at an internal cap which is never good news for GMs. And some say that internal cap for a lot of clubs could be in the low 70s.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Thank christ the expansion draft isn't this year. 

Yeah, really.

Seriously though, if we don't end up with at least one extra 1st round pick out of all of this, I would consider it a major failure. One (or both) of Eriksson / Steen should be Red Wings next season.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, really.

Seriously though, if we don't end up with at least one extra 1st round pick out of all of this, I would consider it a major failure. One (or both) of Eriksson / Steen should be Red Wings next season.

Steen has a ntc i think so unless he agrees to coming here for us to eat salary and flipping him elsewhere i doubt itll happen

As for eriksson , marleau got a 1st for one bad year and eriksson has 2 , id try and push to add jay beagle and someone else if need be and be jim benning saviour but demand podkolzin comes back with a 1st , not interest in 5’8 hoglander and they wont be parting with demko now

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, really.

In theory. One thing to consider is that I doubt Yzerman will just bring on any old contract, unless he plans on burying them. He won't want any problem players stinking up the dressing room. 

What would it take to get the flyers to somewhat pay us for jvr? I dont know if we can get a 1st cause hed still have some value but if we can get a 2nd coming back and have a conversation already had with the pens im thinking since they’re trading their firsts like candy if we offered up jvr on a flip at 3.5 x3 years they would jump on it in a second and we can land the 2022 1st in the return.... then just hope players get injured and we get rewarded like the sens did