• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

Just read a Montreal fan trade proposal...  Mantha for Domi, Mete and a conditional pick in 2021, 3rd becomes a 2nd based on performance. 

Is that reasonable?  If we trade Mantha I think I'd want a younger asset than Domi, unless we flip him for picks too.

#5yearplan

2 hours ago, mackel said:

Just read a Montreal fan trade proposal...  Mantha for Domi, Mete and a conditional pick in 2021, 3rd becomes a 2nd based on performance. 

Is that reasonable?  If we trade Mantha I think I'd want a younger asset than Domi, unless we flip him for picks too.

#5yearplan

It's already been discussed by a few people here. It's probably fair value for Mantha, but a bad trade for a rebuilding team like the Red Wings. I agree, we would want much younger piece(s) / better pick(s) in any potential Mantha trade. If Montreal, a divisional rival, want their hometown stud, they're not getting him for "market value", they're going to have to significantly overpay.

It would start with 16th overall and / or Alexander Romanov for me.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Domi + Romanov gets the deal done for me.

All they talk about here is romanov , no chance they deal him

i dont know why anyone thinks we’d trade mantha to get mete back ,kids on his way out of mtl . He’s no good 

Mantha locked longterm for 16+caufield+ struble/norlinder ... And id maybe think about it, throw in a pick if we have to, id want nothing to do with domi 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Why not? Sergachev was a better prospect than Romanov, and Mantha is a better, more established player than Drouin. They're not going to trade Romanov easily, but I doubt he's untouchable, and a player like Mantha, should be more than enough to get it done. Montreal would have to add.

i dont know why anyone thinks we’d trade mantha to get mete back ,kids on his way out of mtl . He’s no good 

This I agree with.

Mantha locked longterm for 16+caufield+ struble/norlinder ... And id maybe think about it, throw in a pick if we have to

You think Romanov is untouchable, but 16th overall plus caufield and another prospect is fair value?

id want nothing to do with domi 

Domi wouldn't be my target either. I'd rather a pick or prospect.

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Mantha locked longterm for 16+caufield+ struble/norlinder ... And id maybe think about it, throw in a pick if we have to, id want nothing to do with domi 

I agree he's a big deal around Montreal, and they're excited about him. But I think any excitement about him would be immediately eclipsed by how bananas they'd go to have a French Canadian power forward of Mantha's caliber.

I don't really care about Domi one way or the other. The reason I keep throwing him into these trade scenarios is because he's a good player and he's probably the odd man out in Montreal. He's a guy they're going to probably deal anyway and his production is similar to Mantha's so it makes sense.

30 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Why not? Sergachev was a better prospect than Romanov, and Mantha is a better, more established player than Drouin. They're not going to trade Romanov easily, but I doubt he's untouchable, and a player like Mantha, should be more than enough to get it done. Montreal would have to add.

This I agree with.

You think Romanov is untouchable, but 16th overall plus caufield and another prospect is fair value?

Domi wouldn't be my target either. I'd rather a pick or prospect.

And you dont think they regret trading sergachev for that french player? They been going on about it for years , they wont make that mistake again . Romanov was picked in the 2nd round but hes been constantly praised by button and others for longest time . Id be f***en shocked if they dealt him

im saying thats what i would do if im dealing mantha , if they dont want i gladly keep him .. i have zero interest at all in domi so for me he’s replaced by the 1st and id ask for those extra prospects if mantha is locked in longterm . Dont want? Cool , later marc

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I agree he's a big deal around Montreal, and they're excited about him. But I think any excitement about him would be immediately eclipsed by how bananas they'd go to have a French Canadian power forward of Mantha's caliber.

I don't really care about Domi one way or the other. The reason I keep throwing him into these trade scenarios is because he's a good player and he's probably the odd man out in Montreal. He's a guy they're going to probably deal anyway and his production is similar to Mantha's so it makes sense.

They already got burnt with drouin  move , think theyd try get the deal done any other way than include romanov ... they need a young stud d prospect with weber/petry aging 

Ya id rather have that 16th pick than domi in the deal , dont think trading domi alone would fetch a mid 1st back , im really not impressed with the guy and would rather play our younger guys in the lineup ... habs can deal him elsewhere 

St. Louis calls and needs to clear space to re-sign Pietrangelo. They are asking that you take the contracts of Steen and Bozak. Obviously you want the 1st round pick, but what else would you ask for, and what would you send them back?

Let's say: Steen, Bozak, 1st, Bokk for?

What if they'd rather send dump Schwartz and Perron? Would those two eliminate the need for the prospect (Bokk?)

Let's say: Schwartz, Perron and 1st for?

39 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

And you dont think they regret trading sergachev for that french player? They been going on about it for years , they wont make that mistake again . Romanov was picked in the 2nd round but hes been constantly praised by button and others for longest time . Id be f***en shocked if they dealt him

They probably do and should regret that trade, but as I stated above, this is a very different trade proposal. Mantha is every Habs fan's (and probably management's) wet dream. Romanov is a very good prospect, but he's far from a can't miss, top pair defensive prospect. If they want Mantha, it starts with Romanov, and they add from there.

27 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

St. Louis calls and needs to clear space to re-sign Pietrangelo. They are asking that you take the contracts of Steen and Bozak. Obviously you want the 1st round pick, but what else would you ask for, and what would you send them back?

Let's say: Steen, Bozak, 1st, Bokk for?

What if they'd rather send dump Schwartz and Perron? Would those two eliminate the need for the prospect (Bokk?)

Let's say: Schwartz, Perron and 1st for?

If the Blues are looking to offload salary, I would think they would trade one of their bad contracts. To move multiple bad contracts in one trade, it would cost way too much. I'd be asking for Robert Thomas or multiple 1st's.

Bokk was traded to Carolina in the Justin Faulk trade.

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

They probably do and should regret that trade, but as I stated above, this is a very different trade proposal. Mantha is every Habs fan's (and probably management's) wet dream. Romanov is a very good prospect, but he's far from a can't miss, top pair defensive prospect. If they want Mantha, it starts with Romanov, and they add from there.

If the Blues are looking to offload salary, I would think they would trade one of their bad contracts. To move multiple bad contracts in one trade, it would cost way too much. I'd be asking for Robert Thomas or multiple 1st's.

oops! my mistake...

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Cant see the habs ever parting with romanov to land mantha , they have no future young stud dman coming ... anyways

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Cant see the habs ever parting with romanov to land mantha , they have no future young stud dman coming ... anyways

They also don't have a massive power-forward like Mantha... I don't think the Habs should make that deal, but much like your 16th overall, Caufield, other prospect, 16th overall, Romanov would be my ask. 

23 minutes ago, amato said:

Alex Pietrangelo expected to test free agency? 

Stevie. Please. Please Stevie. 

Soon-to-be 31 year old, looking huge dollars, long term. No thanks! And that's hard for me to say, since Pietrangelo has been one of my favorite non Red Wings for the past 10 years...

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Soon-to-be 31 year old, looking huge dollars, long term. No thanks! And that's hard for me to say, since Pietrangelo has been one of my favorite non Red Wings for the past 10 years...

We've debated this before. Think of how much he could help the young D men. 

I'd give him 10 x 7. Then I'd get Rutherford + MacPhee + Gorton + Weezer Lead Singer on Zoom and show em my junk. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Canucks have no 1st or 2nd this year. I have no interest in their 2021 1st either. This is a problem for me. 

Adding a 2020 1st round pick would obviously be preferable over a 2021 1st round pick, but why do you have "no interest" in the latter?

20 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

We've debated this before. Think of how much he could help the young D men. 

I'd give him 10 x 7. Then I'd get Rutherford + MacPhee + Gorton + Weezer Lead Singer on Zoom and show em my junk. 

I wouldn't hate it, but not the type of move I'd be looking to make at this point in the rebuild.