• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Soon-to-be 31 year old, looking huge dollars, long term. No thanks! And that's hard for me to say, since Pietrangelo has been one of my favorite non Red Wings for the past 10 years...

I don't think 30+ is too old for a player like Pietrangelo. And we have cap space to spare. I think he'd be an excellent leader for any young core of defensemen for a long time. Long term contracts are always a gamble to an extent, but he seems like the rare kind of guy to hit free agency that's worth the gamble, imo. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I know. But Yzerman needs to get some winners in that room. 

Look at what Chara did for McAvoy. 

There's been talk about Chara possibly coming to Detroit. I doubt it happens, but I'd rather Chara on a one year deal at around $2M, than Pietrangelo one a seven year deal at close on $10M...

33 minutes ago, amato said:

I don't think 30+ is too old for a player like Pietrangelo. And we have cap space to spare. I think he'd be an excellent leader for any young core of defensemen for a long time. Long term contracts are always a gamble to an extent, but he seems like the rare kind of guy to hit free agency that's worth the gamble, imo. 

No, 31 isn't too old, but for a team that's at least another few years away, I don't think it's a good fit.

I'd rather weaponize all that cap space to take on a couple bad contracts / acquire assets.

Pietrangelo will definitely be worth the gamble for a lot of teams. I just don't think Detroit is one of them. I also highly doubt he has any desire to play in Detroit...

39 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Why would we be interested in Eriksson? 2 years left at $6M for a 35 year old?

We wouldn't be interested in Eriksson. It would be a move to gain extra assets. Although, I do think he would be an upgrade over a few players in our bottom six... He's getting paid way too much for the next two years, but we can afford it. Vancouver, not so much.

42 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Maybe to flip him at the TDL? 

That could also be an option. If he plays reasonably well and we retain half of the cap hit, we might be able to get a mid round pick... maybe...

44 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

But since there is no 2020 1st, what would entice you? Jett Woo?

I'd either want Podkolzin (not going to happen), or a 2021 1st round pick, plus a mid level prospect. I personally wouldn't have much interest in Jett Woo. Our one position of strength is right-defense. If we're acquiring a prospect, I'd prefer a forward or left defenseman.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Why would we be interested in Eriksson? 2 years left at $6M for a 35 year old? Maybe to flip him at the TDL? But since there is no 2020 1st, what would entice you? Jett Woo?

If i had to guess id assume yzermans a big fan of podkolzin, he likes guys who competes hard and im sure he was in the mix with seider .... i know its a pipe dream but id pushing hardcore for him , i aint doing any favors for vancouver and as they’re trying to compete now and we’re rebuilding id even try and throw in some assets to make it a huge hockey trade to make them better now and next few years and help us longterm

wont happen but if were taking eriksson id try to see if they give us jay beagle as well, thats 10 mill of garbage off their hands (we can prob flip beagle if we eat half the salary) add in 2022 first if not doable 2021(but in doing so podkolzin is a must)

id trade b.c boy cholowski , havent given up on him at all but i have a feeling yzerman isnt a big fan + we got a ton of kids coming at d so we can afford it and im sure some fans will love this one, id throw in fabbri (no way id throw in mantha/bert/larkin)

Again no chance itll ever happen ...

eriksson+beagle+podkolzin+1st pick

for

cholowski+fabbri

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

cholowski+fabbri

It's not very good GM'ing to trade away someone you just signed. But I would go ahead and do:

Erikkson and Podko for Cholowski. We wouldn't need the 1st if we're getting Podko.

They'd shed the $6M, PLUS get a pretty good D prospect to play. I am sure Cholowski would love going "home" to play too. I'd actually probably then keep Eriksson through this years TDL and try to shop Filppula, Neilsen and/or Helm. Then, either flip Eriksson at the 2022 TDL or he's one we could leave unprotected at the expansion draft.

Adding Eriksson, Podko (to the prospects pool) to this team makes it better than last season for sure. I'd honestly be in talks with Vegas and Arizona as well. It's pretty well known that Vegas will be shopping Fleury, maybe he's someone we could get here to help us until we figure out our G woes. I'd take his two years on along with their 1st round pick.  When it comes to Arizona, I'd take Stepan and Hayton (if possible.) If not, then their 2022 1st rounder. We do have in excess of up to $40M-ish in cap space including Z's LTIR, so there is plenty of cash to acquire these big contracts and still sign out RFA's.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

It's not very good GM'ing to trade away someone you just signed. But I would go ahead and do:

Erikkson and Podko for Cholowski. We wouldn't need the 1st if we're getting Podko.

They'd shed the $6M, PLUS get a pretty good D prospect to play. I am sure Cholowski would love going "home" to play too. I'd actually probably then keep Eriksson through this years TDL and try to shop Filppula, Neilsen and/or Helm. Then, either flip Eriksson at the 2022 TDL or he's one we could leave unprotected at the expansion draft.

Adding Eriksson, Podko (to the prospects pool) to this team makes it better than last season for sure. I'd honestly be in talks with Vegas and Arizona as well. It's pretty well known that Vegas will be shopping Fleury, maybe he's someone we could get here to help us until we figure out our G woes. I'd take his two years on along with their 1st round pick.  When it comes to Arizona, I'd take Stepan and Hayton (if possible.) If not, then their 2022 1st rounder. We do have in excess of up to $40M-ish in cap space including Z's LTIR, so there is plenty of cash to acquire these big contracts and still sign out RFA's.

Its very good gm’ing to improve your club ... i dont see it happening cause i think canucks will fight hard to not move podkolzin which is why id try and include some pieces and maybe take more trash off their hands . They would never do podkolzin eriksson for cholowski, think more pieces would have to be involved and if we have a chance to land a podkolzin ciao fabbri

We would never trade any of our top line guys in this scenario unless more was coming back or eriksson wasnt involved

arizona have no draft picks to play with , their looking to trade players to get picks  not trade prospects and future picks 

On 9/18/2020 at 8:01 PM, The 91 of Ryans said:

Toronto, Pittsburgh, or Vegas. Book it. 

Edit: or NYR

Where's Vegas getting the cap to fit Pietrangelo in at $9 million per season or Toronto or Pittsburgh for that matter.

On 9/17/2020 at 10:19 PM, mackel said:

Just read a Montreal fan trade proposal...  Mantha for Domi, Mete and a conditional pick in 2021, 3rd becomes a 2nd based on performance. 

Is that reasonable?  If we trade Mantha I think I'd want a younger asset than Domi, unless we flip him for picks too.

#5yearplan

Domi+Mete+3rd doesn't cut it, Domi+Romanov gets us thinking.

19 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Expected by everyone except @ChristopherReevesLegs...

I don't really blame Howie for wanting to move on. This team is a joke and he wants a chance to win a cup before he can't play anymore. This will be the first of many players who will probably walk away when Yzerman offers a new contract. It's a shame, but that's the sad reality. I will be watching whatever contender he decides to move on to. Best of luck Jim Jam.

28 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Takes trading partners, And seeing that 20 teams could've a salary cap budgets of $70,000,000 or less it's not going to be that easy to shed salary in a flat cap world.

Vegas, for example, have almost 5M in current cap space. They could find a trading partner with a team like Ottawa or Detroit for one year of Stastny @ 6.5M per. 

There's your Pietrangello money. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't really blame Howie for wanting to move on. This team is a joke and he wants a chance to win a cup before he can't play anymore. This will be the first of many players who will probably walk away when Yzerman offers a new contract. It's a shame, but that's the sad reality. I will be watching whatever contender he decides to move on to. Best of luck Jim Jam.

Psst... Jimmy proved last season that he can't play anymore... It's a shame, but that's the sad reality.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

One down season and a player is done?

Could Howard bounce back? Sure, I guess. Stranger things have happened. Is it likely? I wouldn't say so...

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Fact of the matter is Jimmy is moving on from this team. That's how low we've sunk.

Or... maybe, just maybe, Yzerman and the Red Wings have moved on from Jimmy... That's how low he's sunk...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Could Howard bounce back? Sure, I guess. Stranger things have happened. Is it likely? I wouldn't say so...

Or... maybe, just maybe, Yzerman and the Red Wings have moved on from Jimmy... That's how low he's sunk...

Q: Jimmy Howard, are you going to continue with the Red Wings?
A: "Probably not"

The team didn't say it. Jimmy did. He's leaving us in the dust.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Q: Jimmy Howard, are you going to continue with the Red Wings?
A: "Probably not"

The team didn't say it. Jimmy did. He's leaving us in the dust.

LOL I know there's no way you're that naive...