• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

10+ seasons with this team. 500+ game goalie with the red wings (#3 behind only sawchuck and osgood). And this is how the fans treat him on the way out... cause ur butthurt hes moving on to greener pastures. Get over it, this is just shameful.

Ur a Detroit legend Howie. And u will be missed. 

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

10+ seasons with this team. 500+ game goalie with the red wings (#3 behind only sawchuck and osgood). And this is how the fans treat him on the way out... cause ur butthurt hes moving on to greener pastures. Get over it, this is just shameful.

Yup. Like a cow. Perfect comparison. This idiom is palpable. 

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Same. I like Markstrom. I'm not sure I like him much at $6M. I definitely won't like him at $6M, long term. 2-3 years, sure. Anything longer, no thanks...

Well, he's def worth 1M more than Howard right now. 

If this rumor is legit, and he's actually willing to come here and jump on this burning s***-wagon, you'd have to think it would be hard for a lot of other teams that might want him to compete with Detroit's cap space. 

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Well, he's def worth 1M more than Howard right now. 

If this rumor is legit, and he's actually willing to come here and jump on this burning s***-wagon, you'd have to think it would be hard for a lot of other teams that might want him to compete with Detroit's cap space. 

I'm fine with throwing cash at him, as long as the term is low (2-3 years)...

10 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Vegas, for example, have almost 5M in current cap space. They could find a trading partner with a team like Ottawa or Detroit for one year of Stastny @ 6.5M per. 

There's your Pietrangello money. 

Really who say that either Detroit or Ottawa have any interest in Stastny unless a 1st round pick is attached to him.

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm fine with throwing cash at him, as long as the term is low (2-3 years)...

Why not 5-6? He should still be effective at age 35. May as well get a year or two out of him when the team is (hopefully) starting to show signs of decency. 

2 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Really who say that either Detroit or Ottawa have any interest in Stastny unless a 1st round pick is attached to him.

I don't know man. I'm just saying teams exceed preseason cap space all the time and make it work. 

3 hours ago, mackel said:

That's a pretty sweet Troll job.  :taunt:

Ppl think i troll for Howard. But I legit love Howie. One of the very few goalies who's spent pretty much their entire career loyal to Detroit. Theres a reason his career games played for the wings is up there with ozzy and sawchuck. And those 3 far surpass the rest. The departure of howard is the end of an era for better or for worse. 

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ppl think i troll for Howard. But I legit love Howie. One of the very few goalies who's spent pretty much their entire career loyal to Detroit. Theres a reason his career games played for the wings is up there with ozzy and sawchuck. And those 3 far surpass the rest. The departure of howard is the end of an era for better or for worse. 

And I give you a hard time but you make your point. I love Howard too. 

But it's "for better" 100%. 

9 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Why not 5-6? He should still be effective at age 35. May as well get a year or two out of him when the team is (hopefully) starting to show signs of decency. 

6x6 is a bit rich for me, for a soon to be 31 year old goaltender. I'm sure there'll be better / younger / cheaper options in the next 3-4 years.

18 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

A regular season legend indeed. Couldn't win if his life depended on it in the playoffs though. 

23 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I don't know how this makes me feel. 

Like when you were in school and dated a cute girl until she got fat, then you started dating the girl who hangs out with the kids from "Stranger Things".

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie