• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

50 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Trade Bait Board

bf07uRF.png

Last 4 are Bozak, Honrqvist, Matheson, and Hamilton. Couldn't get them in the screen shot.

Wadaf***! Howcome none of our trash is on the trade bait list? Lol

wonder wtf it would take to get some 2nds off ottawa , forgot they have 4 f***en seconds ... god i hate the sens ... quick ship fabbri for 2 2nds while we still can!

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Wadaf***! Howcome none of our trash is on the trade bait list? Lol

wonder wtf it would take to get some 2nds off ottawa , forgot they have 4 f***en seconds ... god i hate the sens ... quick ship fabbri for 2 2nds while we still can!

From the article:

Detroit Red Wings: Expect GM Steve Yzerman to use his cap space potentially as an escape ramp for troubled teams as he continues to collect assets in the Red Wings’ rebuild.

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Am I missing something? Markstrom is pretty old, and just lost his starting spot to Demko. Why do some people want him signed?

Goalies are like quarterbacks. They are one of the last pieces I add to my team because there are always good ones available.

Because in their minds, anyone is preferable to Jimmy.

I am not on the Markstrom bandwagon because he is probably going to get term and salary. 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thoughts on bringing back Athanasiou?

It's rumored that Holland will not be re-signing AA in Edmonton due to cap issues. AA commands a $3 mil AAV qualifying offer and Edmonton can't really afford to give him that. It's also rumored Holland wants to pry OEL out of Arizona while they are in fire sale mode. So he needs to create cap space on top of that.

So it seems like AA will be available...

14 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Because in their minds, anyone is preferable to Jimmy.

Umm probably because anyone is preferable to Jimmy... Did you see how awful he was last season? Worst goalie in the league, and it wasn't even close. 57th of 57 goalies in both save percentage (0.882) and goals against average (4.20). Sure, you could chalk it up to a down season, but at 36 years old, I highly doubt he's going to bounce back. It's clearly time to move on, and Markstrom is a great option, as long as the term is reasonable.

Is it possible to actually deal nielsen? I was checking actual salaries 

5.250 cap hit x 2 

actual salary is 5 mill and 2nd year is 3 ... realistically we have one more year stuck with him but if we eat half the salary then Theyll have to pay  2.5 and especially 1.5 in the second year . Am i crazy to think that might actually interest a few teams like arizona,ottawa and whomever is now trying to cut money?

i know hes not what he is to be but if teams are  trying to pay less actual dollars you never know?

gotta get some spots open for some kids

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Umm probably because anyone is preferable to Jimmy... Did you see how awful he was last season? Worst goalie in the league, and it wasn't even close. 57th of 57 goalies in both save percentage (0.882) and goals against average (4.20). Sure, you could chalk it up to a down season, but at 36 years old, I highly doubt he's going to bounce back. It's clearly time to move on, and Markstrom is a great option, as long as the term is reasonable.

Yeah. And a Ford Festiva is a better car than a Yugo. Therefore, a Festiva is a good choice for a car. Especially at twice the price over a longer loan term.

36 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yeah. And a Ford Festiva is a better car than a Yugo. Therefore, a Festiva is a good choice for a car. Especially at twice the price over a longer loan term.

Umm... No. It's not... at all...

That was a terrible analogy... 

Edited by krsmith17

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Is it possible to actually deal nielsen? I was checking actual salaries 

5.250 cap hit x 2 

actual salary is 5 mill and 2nd year is 3 ... realistically we have one more year stuck with him but if we eat half the salary then Theyll have to pay  2.5 and especially 1.5 in the second year . Am i crazy to think that might actually interest a few teams like arizona,ottawa and whomever is now trying to cut money?

i know hes not what he is to be but if teams are  trying to pay less actual dollars you never know?

gotta get some spots open for some kids

I doubt it. I think the only chance is if he has a strong start to the season. Fingers crossed though.

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

12 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Umm... No. It's not... at all...

That was a terrible analogy... 

What don't you understand about the analogy? Carter Hutton is technically a better choice for a goalie than Jimmy Howard based on the numbers. But Carter Hutton is still a terrible choice for a goalie. Does that make better sense?

38 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What don't you understand about the analogy? Carter Hutton is technically a better choice for a goalie than Jimmy Howard based on the numbers. But Carter Hutton is still a terrible choice for a goalie. Does that make better sense?

Where the f*** did Carter Hutton come from? The goaltender being discussed was Jacob Markstrom...

A Festiva is a s*** box. A Yugo is a s*** box. Howard is a s*** box. Markstrom is not a s*** box. Therefore, bad analogy.

And yes, Markstrom is worth MUCH more than twice the price over twice the term as Howard.

At this point in Howard's career, he will be lucky to get a PTO. And maybe, if he looks good in camp (with another team) he might get a 1 year contract worth $1-2M. Markstrom on the other hand, will likely get a long term contract north of $6M. I just don't see the commonality between the two...

7 hours ago, kliq said:

I doubt it. I think the only chance is if he has a strong start to the season. Fingers crossed though.

Ya wishful thinking man , im hoping after this season if his cap hit is 5 and his actual money being paid 1.5 then a cheapskate owner like melnyk might want that contract to waste less money

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jean francois berube would be a better option than howard at this point 

57 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Where the f*** did Carter Hutton come from? The goaltender being discussed was Jacob Markstrom...

A Festiva is a s*** box. A Yugo is a s*** box. Howard is a s*** box. Markstrom is not a s*** box. Therefore, bad analogy.

And yes, Markstrom is worth MUCH more than twice the price over twice the term as Howard.

Jesus christ just explaining the analogy. Of course Marstrom is better than Hutton. But Markstrom is pretty average himself. I look forward to the Markstrom = average thread and for fans to all turn on him like they did with Howard. 

Why are we debating Markstrom vs. Howard? We already have a better goalie than Jimmy Howard. Jonathan Bernier. Is Markstrom better than Bernier? Maybe, maybe not. But why dump big(ish) money into a guy that's not noticeably better than your current starter? Why not just sign a Halak or a Griess to backup Bernier for shorter term and less money?

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Why are we debating Markstrom vs. Howard? We already have a better goalie than Jimmy Howard. Jonathan Bernier. Is Markstrom better than Bernier? Maybe, maybe not. But why dump big(ish) money into a guy that's not noticeably better than your current starter? Why not just sign a Halak or a Griess to backup Bernier for shorter term and less money?

In fairness, if some poindexter on Twitter said 

"hearing Detroit wants to make a big pitch for Griess" 

we'd probably be talking about him. 

We're debating Markstrom because, rumors. I thought that was obvious. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

In fairness, if some poindexter on Twitter said 

"hearing Detroit wants to make a big pitch for Griess" 

we'd probably be talking about him. 

We're debating Markstrom because, rumors. I thought that was obvious. 

I guess I wasn't being clear. I know why Markstrom is currently a topic of discussion. I guess I'm saying that I don't understand why everyone hasn't already concluded that he doesn't make any sense for the Red Wings because of his age, expected salary demands, and the marginal (maybe) improvement he'd be over Bernier.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya wishful thinking man , im hoping after this season if his cap hit is 5 and his actual money being paid 1.5 then a cheapskate owner like melnyk might want that contract to waste less money

Jean francois berube would be a better option than howard at this point 

You know what, I didn’t think of that. A team who just cares about hitting the floor and spending as little as possible to do so would make sense. Can’t hurt for Yzerman to make that call.

Jesus christ just explaining the analogy. 

Sure. And I'm just saying it was a terrible analogy...

Of course Marstrom is better than Hutton. 

Why are you still talking about Hutton?

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I've been saying that I'm only interested in Markstrom if we can sign him to a relatively low term contract. He's probably not going to go for that, so yes, I agree that a Halak or a Greiss, or a Talbot would be a better option for where we're at in the rebuild.

44 minutes ago, kliq said:

You know what, I didn’t think of that. A team who just cares about hitting the floor and spending as little as possible to do so would make sense. Can’t hurt for Yzerman to make that call.

Sadly we’d have to be stuck with him one more year most likely as his actual salary is 5 mill now and drops to 3 next  , hopefully wouldnt cost too much to part with him if someone just wants to hit the floor and save money

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Im down for greiss , the thing is he’d be sharing goalie duties with bernier ... nobody should be fooled by last season into thinking bernier is a starting goalie . Hes a backup , but if we got a greiss type they can easily both share the duties

id be fine with that shorterm , i dont trust markstrom at all ... if the price isnt crazy id rather take a chance on a georgiev but atm with how our d and team is no goalie will come here and exceed expectations 

20 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Surprised melnyk actually throwing money away .... bobby ryan being bought out ... good option x1 yr ? If he produces could fetch us decent return at the deadline?

Yes

20 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Also Thoughts on an offer sheet for sergachev?

And Yes.

22 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Surprised melnyk actually throwing money away .... bobby ryan being bought out ... good option x1 yr ? If he produces could fetch us decent return at the deadline?

Also Thoughts on an offer sheet for sergachev?

What would the $ range need to be to land him? What would the compensation be?

In theory I'm open to it, realistically I'd be shocked if Yzerman did that to his old team. Despite it being fine to do as far as the rules go, there is such a taboo associated with it.