• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Surprised melnyk actually throwing money away .... bobby ryan being bought out ... good option x1 yr ? If he produces could fetch us decent return at the deadline?

Also Thoughts on an offer sheet for sergachev?

I say go for it!

But for some reason I find it very difficult the picture myself Stevie offer sheet another teams player.

I'm never a fan of offersheets. In order to actually get the player you have to massively overpay. Anything less than that and you're just negotiating a contract for the other team. Any reasonable offer for Sergachev is matched by Tampa, and they'd just clear the cap space by trading a down lineup guy. Any offer they won't match would have to be so high that the player wouldn't be worth it.

31 minutes ago, kliq said:

What would the $ range need to be to land him? What would the compensation be?

In theory I'm open to it, realistically I'd be shocked if Yzerman did that to his old team. Despite it being fine to do as far as the rules go, there is such a taboo associated with it.

No clue but they were talking about it on mtl radio and how they think tampa will try and get him on a bridge deal 4-5 per .... i believe the 1st would be 2021? Which im ok with cause we’d be looking at aquiring a dman and sergachev is only 22 so young enough that your ok with that type of a move ...so itll cost us a 1st,2nd and a 3rd or a 1st and a 3rd .... i cant see him getting more than 

you can try 6,5 per x 6/7 yrs  and cost a 1 and 3

or 6.5 to 8.7 for a 1,2,3 picks ... dont think hes on the 7-8,7 range yet but id maybe consider 6.75 x 7 ... that would certainly cause headaches to tampa , but one if im them id suck it up and trade mcdonaugh to keep sergachev and 2 if im sergachev maybe i dont consider signing it cause i believe in myself and think ill be worth more in yrs 4-7?

anyways 6.5 or 6.75 x7 is what id do

sergachev seider

johansson hronek 

solid future top 4

30 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I say go for it!

But for some reason I find it very difficult the picture myself Stevie offer sheet another teams player.

Probably wont happen

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm never a fan of offersheets. In order to actually get the player you have to massively overpay. Anything less than that and you're just negotiating a contract for the other team. Any reasonable offer for Sergachev is matched by Tampa, and they'd just clear the cap space by trading a down lineup guy. Any offer they won't match would have to be so high that the player wouldn't be worth it.

Sad, but true...

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Problem with tampa is they have a ton of guys wit ntc clauses  ...if i play there i dont waive s*** personally ... + cirelli to be resigned .... now i dont know off the top of my head but i do think mcdonaugh doesnt have a ntc and if push comes to shove i trade him and keep sergachev

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Problem with tampa is they have a ton of guys wit ntc clauses  ...if i play there i dont waive s*** personally ... + cirelli to be resigned .... now i dont know off the top of my head but i do think mcdonaugh doesnt have a ntc and if push comes to shove i trade him and keep sergachev

Which is exactly what I was saying. They can always move someone. And TBH they're going to overhaul their roster anyway this offseason. If the lose the Cup they can't very well keep the same lineup again next year after two disappointing seasons. If they win, then they can move a veteran or two without anyone complaining too much.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Which is exactly what I was saying. They can always move someone. And TBH they're going to overhaul their roster anyway this offseason. If the lose the Cup they can't very well keep the same lineup again next year after two disappointing seasons. If they win, then they can move a veteran or two without anyone complaining too much.

Any chance Stamkos gets moved?

He seems to be on the IR when the team needs him the most.

Tampa seems to be fine without him in the line up...

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I doubt it. He took a pretty team friendly deal to stay. I think he only goes if he wants to.

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I doubt it. He took a pretty team friendly deal to stay. I think he only goes if he wants to.

You’re probably right, but with hindsight being 20/20, and his growing penchant for getting injured - I’m thinking Tampa has better uses for that $$$.

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Ya, like @kipwinger said, considering he took a team friendly deal I doubt he would agree to a trade, especially since his team is still a contender. Plus, it would be a gutless move by management to even ask right now. Once the team begins to re-build (which is not anytime soon), then I think they could get away with it.

34 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

25 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

You’re probably right, but with hindsight being 20/20, and his growing penchant for getting injured - I’m thinking Tampa has better uses for that $$$.

20 minutes ago, kliq said:

Ya, like @kipwinger said, considering he took a team friendly deal I doubt he would agree to a trade, especially since his team is still a contender. Plus, it would be a gutless move by management to even ask right now. Once the team begins to re-build (which is not anytime soon), then I think they could get away with it.

AND since his contract came along with a full NMC, they quite literally cannot move him unless he wants to! :lol:

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

They have to move someone regardless , now if someone offer sheets sergachev 7 mill they’re beyond f***ed as they also have cirelli to sign and fill out the roster now i just checked and mcdonaugh as a ntc .... if nobody refuses to go they’re powerless  now i dont know what the possibilities of that happenjng are but if im a player i dont budge

tyler johnson for example probably took that contract cause it was in tampa,lesser taxes etc... if im him i dont go to a montreal type scenario , why would i ever?

they’re gonna have to beg a few guys to leave  .... probably drop them a paper bag with cash lol ... alex killorn is 110% gone

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure. And I'm just saying it was a terrible analogy...

Why are you still talking about Hutton?

I've been saying that I'm only interested in Markstrom if we can sign him to a relatively low term contract. He's probably not going to go for that, so yes, I agree that a Halak or a Greiss, or a Talbot would be a better option for where we're at in the rebuild.

Markstrom >Howard

Markstrom at same salary and term>Howard at same salary and term

Markstrom at twice the salary and 4 times the term < Howard at half the salary and 1/4 term

Markstrom = Festiva

Howard = Yugo

Make sense now?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Markstrom >Howard

Markstrom at twice the salary and 4 times the term < Howard at half the salary and 1/4 term

Markstrom = Festiva

Howard = Yugo

Make sense now?

Askarov/Bernier 2021

Markstrom/Bernier seems like a huge overpayment just to get back to average. 

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Askarov/Bernier 2021

Markstrom/Bernier seems like a huge overpayment just to get back to average. 

Ya adding markstrom is useless, itll just make us get a 8-12 pick instead of bottom 4 ... unless we go add a hall/pietrangelo + im not even sold on markstrom as a true #1 goalie . Can totally see him coming here with the team we have and s***ting the bed and then having people complain we’re stuck with him for another 5 yrs

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Markstrom >Howard

Markstrom = Festiva

Howard = Yugo

Make sense now?

No. Still makes no sense. Still a terrible analogy.

What sort of contract do you think Howard will sign this season? That's if he can even get a contract... I'd say max 1 year at $2-3M per. So you think Howard at that contract would be more valuable than Markstrom at four times the term (4 years), and twice the salary ($5M)? I strongly disagree...

Howard single-handedly lost the Wings' games last season. Markstrom single-handedly kept the Canucks' in games the past two seasons. Markstrom would be a massive upgrade to Howard.

Anyway, I'd sign Markstrom as long as he can be signed at a reasonable term. Otherwise, I'd take a shot at one of the other many pending UFA goaltenders.

38 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No. Still makes no sense. Still a terrible analogy.

What sort of contract do you think Howard will sign this season? That's if he can even get a contract... I'd say max 1 year at $2-3M per. So you think Howard at that contract would be more valuable than Markstrom at four times the term (4 years), and twice the salary ($5M)? I strongly disagree...

Howard single-handedly lost the Wings' games last season. Markstrom single-handedly kept the Canucks' in games the past two seasons. Markstrom would be a massive upgrade to Howard.

Anyway, I'd sign Markstrom as long as he can be signed at a reasonable term. Otherwise, I'd take a shot at one of the other many pending UFA goaltenders.

Howard haters EXPOSED

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Howard haters EXPOSED

I've always been a Howard supporter, but he hit a brick wall this season. It's unfortunate, but it's time to move on. It's too bad he had to go out the way he did, after a very solid career, but it happens. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I've always been a Howard supporter, but he hit a brick wall this season. It's unfortunate, but it's time to move on. It's too bad he had to go out the way he did, after a very solid career, but it happens. 

So writing off Zadina after one season=bad

Writing off Howard after one season=good

And yes. I would rather have 1 year of Jimmy at 3 mil than 4 years of Markstrom at 24 mil.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

28 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

And yes. I would rather have 1 year of Jimmy at 3 mil than 4 years of Markstrom at 24 mil.

Uhm... that's pretty typical when comparing a player at the beginning of the career and another at the end.

Generally speaking, goalies (or any skaters) don't improve after 35 years old. In fact, a very bad year is usually a sign that their career is coming to an end.

No question that Zadina has a much better chance at outperforming 2019-2020 than Howard. No matter what you think of Z's skills, it is just a fact that potential is higher when you're younger than when you're older.

50 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

LOL are you being serious? I'm honestly not sure... Zadina is 20. Howard is 36. HUGE difference... 

51 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Okay, fair enough. I disagree, but whatever.

7 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Gagner signed to a one year deal. Don't know the deets yet.

Do you guys think there is any chance at all that we could get rid of Nielsen or Filppula this offseason?

Edit: 850k per Capfriendly

Edited by Akakabuto