• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

This team is so bad that when given the choice between a new contract worth millions of dollars to play sports for the only team he's ever played for and hoagies... Howie chose hoagies.

Not only is he fat - hes a traitor too. 

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

How about we take Bozak or Steen off St. Louis along with their 1st round pick?

How about we se if we can sign Lundqvist to a 1 year $1M contract?

For a 1st(top 20) I’ll take on almost anybody. 

Edit; if Lundqvist keeps playing hes going to a contender fer sure. 

Edited by Akakabuto

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

geez, I guess Boston isn't trying too hard to trade Krug.

Nobody is throwing stupid money at UFAs in this offseason. Boston might get him to the price they want if he gets to explore free agency and see that the grass isnt really greener anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Nobody is throwing stupid money at UFAs in this offseason. Boston might get him to the price they want if he gets to explore free agency and see that the grass isnt really greener anywhere else.

Friedman is reporting bruins/canucks are two teams ekman larsson would waive his ntc for . If they get larsson krug is gone

What about Bryan Little? 32 years old, 4 years remaining at $5.3M. Durability has been a concern, but still effective when healthy. Jets want to free up cap space to re-sign Laine. What would it cost to take on that contract? This year's 1st (10th overall), plus? 

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What about Bryan Little? 32 years old, 4 years remaining at $5.3M. Durability has been a concern, but still effective when healthy. Jets want to free up cap space to re-sign Laine. What would it cost to take on that contract? This year's 1st (10th overall), plus? 

Man that 10th pick would be awesome but thats alot of $ , personally think jets hold on to the pick and hope sanderson/askarov fall to them, could be wrong but i dont think theyd pay the price to move little ...think perreault is the likely candidate 

id take perreault for a 2nd though but id tell them 100% has to be this year (40th) and if push comes to shove and they want 2021 i say its 2022 2nd for me or not

Id probably end up doing it but id try and play hardball for this year as theres only so many teams who Can take money on but alot more teams trying to shed some , which makes me question the return from staal . I want to see 1sts coming our way 

6 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Still think we shoulda pushed harder with the staal trade , actual money is less bur the cap hit is still high at 5.7 , we start doing a few more of those and just get 2nds itll be a f***en waste

saw the video and arizona wants a team to give a 1st , a young d prospect and take all the money off ekman larsson .... goodluck with that lol

would anyone here force arizona into doing cholowski + pick 32 for no rention? They have no picks till 4th round ....i think his numbers have gone down cause of where he is 

my thinking is he plays with us bounces back and we flip him at the deadline or 18 months later with salary retention

or we flip him right away with 50% retention .... surely we might be able to land at least a few 1sts for ekman larsson at 4 mill a season . Gotta think a bunch of teams would come knocking ...ya just remembered it would be for 7yrs , dont know if thats realistic lol oh well ... if we did that it would have to be 2 1sts, top prospects + player(s) to even think about wasting 28 million .... maybe that would get melnyk to salivate and get the 5th overall pick included in the deal lmao

I think you overestimate other teams interest in certain players, even with salary retained.

For example, if there is another team who is willing to take on a Staal's contract at 50% off from Yzerman, then why wouldnt the Rangers have just made that deal with that team originally? They could have then gotten significant cap relief without giving up the 2nd.

I have to think that a team would be even more willing to take the salary retention if a 1st is involved than trade away the full contract.

If Yzerman is going to be able to trade away any salary dumps, it won't be until the TDL. I have to think that if there was other interest to acquire said players for the season, they would have already made those trades with their original teams, as the asking price would be a lot less.

40 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I think you overestimate other teams interest in certain players, even with salary retained.

For example, if there is another team who is willing to take on a Staal's contract at 50% off from Yzerman, then why wouldnt the Rangers have just made that deal with that team originally? They could have then gotten significant cap relief without giving up the 2nd.

I have to think that a team would be even more willing to take the salary retention if a 1st is involved than trade away the full contract.

If Yzerman is going to be able to trade away any salary dumps, it won't be until the TDL. I have to think that if there was other interest to acquire said players for the season, they would have already made those trades with their original teams, as the asking price would be a lot less.

Cause the rangers didnt wanna take on a 2.85 cap hit off staal knowing theyd already be down like 13 mill with lundqvist bought out?

i dont think theres too many teams out there willing to take on contracts , hell of a lot more teams  trying to get rid .... think people will be shocked at how low cost these trades will be for some teams and how much teams will have to pay to get rid of bodies as well as ufa players getting alot less money than expected

Wings picked up M. Staal? $5,2 mill hit and full NMC??? Guess the pick that came with him was the main part of the deal? Use cap to take on salary in exchange for picks? Can never have too many picks I guess. I remember Marc from the OHL long ago and the run to the to the finals, but haven't followed him since. Looking at his stats he's def not worth what he makes. Part of the mostly overhyped Staal clan.

Edited by chaps80

Ok, what are we giving Montreal? Mantha for their 1st round pick? Or could we swing a Cap dump for them to go large in the UFA market? Give me Jake Allen and Tatar along with your 1st!!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!

Columbus, give me Elvis and your 1st!!!

Edited by LeftWinger

Been seeing rumors about serious interest in Markstrom with Howard officially moving on? I think we can do better. DO BETTER!!

What happened to this? Thought he was being re-signed anyways?

https://www.nhl.com/news/jacob-markstrom-vancouver-canucks-contract-update/c-318943984

Edited by chaps80

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Oh boy....

just a quick question...

Who, in this league currently, would you entertain trading the 4th OA pick for?

A lot of guys I would trade for who will be better than Perfetti.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Oh boy....

just a quick question...

Who, in this league currently, would you entertain trading the 4th OA pick for?

That would be interesting. Kessel would instantly become the Wings new whipping boy.

Ugh.  If Fabbri moves to center, I count 8 bottom 6 forwards on this team for 20-21.  That's not incuding Erne, Perlini or anyone who spent the majority of 19-20 in Grand Rapids.  Oh well.  There will be injuries so I guess ther'es that.

41 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

0% chance we take kessel and ekman larsson , he must be bored

Agreed. I'd take Kessel as a cap dump, but Ekman-Larsson wouldn't be the player I'd want in the deal. It makes no sense for either side.

46 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Ugh.  If Fabbri moves to center, I count 8 bottom 6 forwards on this team for 20-21.  That's not incuding Erne, Perlini or anyone who spent the majority of 19-20 in Grand Rapids.  Oh well.  There will be injuries so I guess ther'es that.

Most teams have 8 bottom six forwards on their roster. 3 3rd liners, 3 4th liners, and 2 reserve forwards of marginal talent.

4 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Cause the rangers didnt wanna take on a 2.85 cap hit off staal knowing theyd already be down like 13 mill with lundqvist bought out?

i dont think theres too many teams out there willing to take on contracts , hell of a lot more teams  trying to get rid .... think people will be shocked at how low cost these trades will be for some teams and how much teams will have to pay to get rid of bodies as well as ufa players getting alot less money than expected

You realize that buying out Lundquist actually helps they're cap situation right? That's why they're doing it. They dont need to move Staal's one year contract to accommodate for that.

I am imagining the war rooms of the teams as they head into this weekend

One whiteboard with expected UFA

Another with their another's RFA

Another with the draft list

Then another one for possible trades, scenarios related to the cap etc. 

And the poor person designated to keep track of the cap is sitting in the corner shaking.....

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't qualify any of Ehn, Perlini or Erne. Especially if he is "open for business" to acquire Cap and assets. Those assets could very well be players that would make those three expendable (even more so.)  But I guess if he qualified them for the 1 year, he could always waive them if he gets more players.

Edited by LeftWinger

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't qualify any of Ehn, Perlini or Erne. Especially if he is "open for business" to acquire Cap and assets. Those assets could very well be players that would make those three expendable (even more so.)  But I guess if he qualified them for the 1 year, he could always waive them if he gets more players.

Yeah, pretty much this. I'd much rather have Loui Eriksson and a 1st round pick (or whatever other asset), and let a replacement level player like Ehn or Erne walk...

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I think yzerman wont admit to failing both trades he did and erne comes back and if he doesnt make it he’ll just waive him

one thing we havent talked about is if the ahl season is cancelled what happens to all these guys, cant imagine givani smith stayin home a year lets say, etc....

Josh brown just got dealt to ottawa for the 95th pick ... josh brown? Lol id be trying to get a mid 2nd for nemeth if someone we really like drops ... or youd have think bowey can land a 4th off a team

Edited by nyqvististhefuture