• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

No clue how benning is expecting himself to get ekman larsson,cant see arizona taking on eriksson ... surely hes not dumb enough to trade boeser ?

wish mcphee would just cave already and give us that first for fleury so we can flip him ... dont like that nj is in the picture now

I'd honestly take two seconds for Fleury at this point. If they refuse to give up a first, take the two seconds. We need another goalie and we can afford that cap hit for two seasons. Unlike other cap dumps, Fleury has plenty of value to offer.

Just now, marcaractac said:

I'd honestly take two seconds for Fleury at this point. If they refuse to give up a first, take the two seconds. We need another goalie and we can afford that cap hit for two seasons. Unlike other cap dumps, Fleury has plenty of value to offer.

Yep. And he can be traded for even more assets in year 2. 

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Exactly, and at that point we can retain half his salary to up his value. 

Id only take two seconds if we have a team in the back burner willing to pay the 1st + , i wouldnt want to have fleury at 7 per (and i dont think hed want to come here anyways)

think at 3.5 mill per x2 we’d get a great return .... im pushing though for vegas to give us a first to take him , if they want pietrangelo theyll likely have zero choice to move fleury and if they land him i think theyll be less reluctant to part with a late 1st

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

2 hours ago, DonHakan said:

Not sure if I missed it but Erne and Hirose have both been re-signed to 1 year extensions each. No word on the AAV yet from what I can see.

Really disappointed that Yzerman is letting his ego run with this Erne thing. Ehn was a much more reliable player last year. If you're not gonna re-sign Ehn then you shouldn't be re-signing Erne or Ehn. Whatever depth grinding role Erne can provide Smith could easily bring from what I saw of his game last year.

Is Erne officially our first good ol boy that Yzerman can't let go? Like with Holland and Cleary?

Strange, capfriendly has both of them showing as a UFA QO, not receiving a qualifying offer. I know Yzerman only listed Ehn, Perlini and Bowey. I wonder what is up?

Hmmmm, Janmark the former Wings draft pick.

Ok, let's get creative. You want an extra 2021 draft pick, you deal with Anaheim (desperate need of cap relief) and take Getzlaf's last season from them along with the 2021 1st rounder.  Now you sign Perry to a $1M and have them both here for a year. Would you? (Getzlaf has a NMC, I know.)

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Maybe. Too many teams against the cap. Saturated market. No one knows what the f***s going on. This could end up being the longest free agent "frenzy" in NHL history. 

Wanna bet on that punk?

dc0c57445d739644e223cbd1617036b9--wild-h

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Maybe. Too many teams against the cap. Saturated market. No one knows what the f***s going on. This could end up being the longest free agent "frenzy" in NHL history. 

That's the thing. Guys like Pietrangelo will go somewhere. If he agrees to go to somewhere like Vegas, they will suddenly be far more desperate to dump Fleury, likely far more willing to give up a first to do so. There are some big names out there, and not many teams can afford to take on any of them without dumping contracts.

Just now, LeftWinger said:

Ok, let's get creative. You want an extra 2021 draft pick, you deal with Anaheim (desperate need of cap relief) and take Getzlaf's last season from them along with the 2021 1st rounder.  Now you sign Perry to a $1M and have them both here for a year. Would you? (Getzlaf has a NMC, I know.)

Why not just get Bobby Ryan too while we're at it

Just now, LeftWinger said:

I dunno. Would you stick a corkscrew into the tip of your peen? 

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

That's the thing. Guys like Pietrangelo will go somewhere. If he agrees to go to somewhere like Vegas, they will suddenly be far more desperate to dump Fleury, likely far more willing to give up a first to do so. There are some big names out there, and not many teams can afford to take on any of them without dumping contracts.

No I agree. Just can't see all this playing out tomorrow. I may be wrong. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

No I agree. Just can't see all this playing out tomorrow. I may be wrong. 

True, it may take a few days to all shake out. I'm not sure if they have that negotiating window like they had the last few years due to the tight timeline. 

If you are interested in trying to watch some of our players out on loan, here are the clubs and leagues they are loaned to.  keep in mind that players loaned to Sweden will not be back until their season is over. The SHL season is September to March (not including playoffs) and Hockeyallsvenskan is also the same, since it is part of the SHL (one step below the SHL teams.)

SHL

Albert Johansson - Farjested BK

Joe Veleno - Malmo

Mo Seider - Reogle BK

Mathias Brome - Orebro HK

Hockeyallsvenskan (Sweden)

Filip Larsson - Almtuna IS

Gustav Lindstrom - Almtuna IS

ICE Hockey League (Austria)

Michael Rasmussen - Graz 99ers

Czech

Filip Hronek - HK Hradec Kravlove