• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Too many factors out of Yzerman's control. 

I assume you're referring to the modified NTC? If Detroit are on Fleury's 10 team no trade list, and he's unwilling to waive it, there are other options via free agency or trade.

Yzerman's playing it smart. Bargain shopping on day one, and see what's available after the dust settles. There are still options out there.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I assume you're referring to the modified NTC? If Detroit are on Fleury's 10 team no trade list, and he's unwilling to waive it, there are other options via free agency or trade.

Yzerman's playing it smart. Bargain shopping on day one, and see what's available after the dust settles. There are still options out there.

exactly what I was hoping for, at least on day one given the current state of our team. 

Bobby Ryan was a pleasant surprise, and expected a couple defensive signings. But other than that, we sit back and wait for other teams to get desperate with their cap space. 

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That and MacPhee has to agree to the deal and teams like Carolina etc are also in the hunt. 

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

That and MacPhee has to agree to the deal and teams like Carolina etc are also in the hunt. 

McPhee is no longer the general manager. I think he's still with the organization in some capacity, but Kelly McCrimmon is the GM there now.

Anyway, sure there may be other teams inquiring, but it's already been reported that there have been no takers on a 2nd round pick, and they're not giving up a 1st. If Fleury were willing to waive his NTC, I'm sure a deal could be worked out. And if they're serious about Pietrangelo, they're going to be forced to move Fleury one way or another. Yzerman should be all over that.

A Bernier / Fleury tandem would be very good...

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

McPhee is no longer the general manager. I think he's still with the organization in some capacity, but Kelly McCrimmon is the GM there now.

Anyway, sure there may be other teams inquiring, but it's already been reported that there have been no takers on a 2nd round pick, and they're not giving up a 1st. If Fleury were willing to waive his NTC, I'm sure a deal could be worked out. And if they're serious about Pietrangelo, they're going to be forced to move Fleury one way or another. Yzerman should be all over that.

A Bernier / Fleury tandem would be very good...

Knew this. Sorry my editor is out day drinking right now. 

So if a bunch of stuff happens the right way we might have a shot at Fleury? 

And if not, buckle up for Bernier/Kinkaid 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Knew this. Sorry my editor is out day drinking right now. 

And if not, buckle up for Bernier/Kinkaid 

I think Fleury will happen in the next few days, but Bernier/anyone should likely be better than Bernier/worst-season version of Howard were last year. I’m not wildly concerned. Bernier stood pretty tall for us all things considered. Certainly not the guy who will take us to the promised land but he was our best player plenty of nights last year. Goaltending is really the least of my concerns for next year, especially given how weird the season is likely to look.

On 10/10/2020 at 9:42 AM, ChadBergevin said:

Crawford to NJ. The goalie market is shrinking I see...

jimmy_howard_creepy.0.jpg

On 10/10/2020 at 9:13 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

Too many factors out of Yzerman's control. 

Nah, you just do what Tampa did with Johnson. Waive him and then Detroit claims him, then there is another "thank you" trade set up for another big cap and a 1st.  THEORETICALLY!    

(disregard this idea! :lol:)

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Well yeah, that's how these things generally work, especially for bad teams...

If not Fleury, we can  always sign or trade for someone else. It beats overpaying for Markstrom.

2 hours ago, amato said:

typo? least it could be is 2.5... but yeah i agree. Would definitely prefer that or we sign him after a buyout. But I wouldn't hate if we claimed him. I don't expect us to, but I think I could live with it. I do agree with your general sentiment though, there are definitely preferred routes of getting him on the wings. 

Ya, I meant if they could retain 1.5.

11 hours ago, kliq said:

I think a part of it is negotiation. I think their camps put out a number like that, assuming that someone will offer them say 80% of what they put out there. If they put out 6, maybe they just get offered 5. Its all a game on both sides.

I mean, yeah. But I'm more referencing the bozos here thinking he'd get 8-9 million per. 

So I wonder what Tampa is going to do with Johnson now that nobody did them any favors?

15 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

So now that Franzen's contract is officially gone, how long until he officially retires?

Franzen is in official talks with The Edmonton Oilers on a 3 year deal.

(I kid I kid)  

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So I wonder what Tampa is going to do with Johnson now that nobody did them any favors?

I would assume they will be more willing to attach an asset now that no one helped them out by claiming him off waivers...

I think I'd want a 1st round pick at minimum to take on that contract though...

As it sits right now, I think we could be looking at something like this...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Zadina - Fabbri - Ryan

Svechnikov - Filppula - Gagner

Erne - Glendening - Helm

Nielsen / Timashov

Nemeth - Hronek

Dekeyser - Stecher

Cholowski - Merrill

Staal

Bernier / Greiss

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

As it sits right now, I think we could be looking at something like this...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Zadina - Fabbri - Ryan

Svechnikov - Filppula - Gagner

Erne - Glendening - Helm

Nielsen / Timashov

Nemeth - Hronek

Dekeyser - Stecher

Cholowski - Merrill

Staal

Bernier / Greiss

Yup, pretty much.

Cholo could be on the outside tho depending on how they view the importance of ”handieness” on the back-end.

Another tough season ahead but we are gonna suck less!

7 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Yup, pretty much.

Cholo could be on the outside tho depending on how they view the importance of ”handieness” on the back-end.

Another tough season ahead but we are gonna suck less!

Yeah, I can definitely see Cholowski at least starting in Grand Rapids, but if it were up to me, I'd give him another shot up with the Wings to start the season. Give him sheltered minutes with who I hear is a great defensive defenseman, Merrill.

I want Staal to play, to hopefully up his (limited) trade value, so I'd also be good with Cholowski being first injury recall...

Would anyone here consider us signing Jeremy Bracco? Leafs let him walk, I remember watching him play on the Spits, kid is an amazing skater. He's a bit small, but often these types of players just take a bit of time to develop (think Martin St. Louis/Tyler Johnson). Not saying Bracco has anything near that type of upside, but could it hurt to sign him to a two way deal?

12 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Good to see. This should speed up the process. Would like either side to do the same with Mantha. I'd just like to see these deals get done at this point...

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

Would anyone here consider us signing Jeremy Bracco? Leafs let him walk, I remember watching him play on the Spits, kid is an amazing skater. He's a bit small, but often these types of players just take a bit of time to develop (think Martin St. Louis/Tyler Johnson). Not saying Bracco has anything near that type of upside, but could it hurt to sign him to a two way deal?

Two-way deal, I'd do it. I wouldn't expect too much from him though. Similar to Hirose, good depth, but likely a career AHLer.

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Good to see. This should speed up the process. Would like either side to do the same with Mantha. I'd just like to see these deals get done at this point...

Two-way deal, I'd do it. I wouldn't expect too much from him though. Similar to Hirose, good depth, but likely a career AHLer.

You are probably right, but I'm telling you, kid is an amazing skater. Buddy of mine asked him if he figured skated as a kid (based on his technique), and he said he did. I'd like to see him get a shot.

Kind of surprising they didn't qualify Bracco..just looked at his stats, 79 points in 75 AHL games a season ago, only 23. 2 different leagues but still. Would be nice to get him for GR!

Edited by Wings3:16

4 hours ago, Wings3:16 said:

Kind of surprising they didn't qualify Bracco..just looked at his stats, 79 points in 75 AHL games a season ago, only 23. 2 different leagues but still. Would be nice to get him for GR!

Exactly! I think the biggest knock on him is that he’s small. I’d love to be able to give him a shot. I’ll take him over Erne any day on this roster. 

Edited by kliq