• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think there's a real possibility that the top line could be broken up.

I think Ryan is a lock to at least start in the top six, maybe even on the top line with Larkin.

I do think Fabbri will be the odd man out of the top six, whether that's at center or wing.

I don't think Nielsen will be a regular in the lineup, potentially bought out or waived.

I think Zadina would benefit from playing on the first line with Larkin and Bertuzzi.... I think it makes sense to spread your offense out a little bit so you put someone like Mantha on the second line for Namestnikov to feed pucks to.

6 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

D looks good but I’m gonna throw in my preferred forwards line-up where a certain player is not included. 

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha 

Fabbri - Namestnikov - Zadina

Svechnikov - Filppula  - Ryan

Timashov - Glendening - Gagner

I would give Zadina a chance on the first line, but dude, that is a very nice looking roster (for the players we have). It's also refreshing to see no Nielsen or Helm.... haha. Beautiful! Oh, almost forgot about Erne. Maybe have Erne and Timashov alternate. They need to assess both to see what's what.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

8 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

D looks good but I’m gonna throw in my preferred forwards line-up where a certain player is not included. 

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha 

Fabbri - Namestnikov - Zadina

Svechnikov - Filppula  - Ryan

Timashov - Glendening - Gagner

Does he need to "Erne" his way back on to the roster?

8 minutes ago, HamPlanetHoward said:

So Yzerman wanted to do more but we're limited by an internal cap hmmmmmmmm doesn't feel very nice does it?

LOL I knew you would take this and run with it. Maybe it is true, but I'm not sure if I buy it. Not to thr extent Spiro makes it out to be anyway.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Ryan 
Mantha-Namestnikov-Zadina 
Svechnikov-Gagner-Fabbri
Helm-Glendenning-Timashov

not necessarily what I think we'll see but what I'd like to see, forward wise. 

Defense, I don't really care. Just make sure Hronek gets the most power play minutes of defenders and I'd like to see Cholowski make the wings opening day roster. 

24 minutes ago, amato said:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Ryan 
Mantha-Namestnikov-Zadina 
Svechnikov-Gagner-Fabbri
Helm-Glendenning-Timashov

not necessarily what I think we'll see but what I'd like to see, forward wise. 

Defense, I don't really care. Just make sure Hronek gets the most power play minutes of defenders and I'd like to see Cholowski make the wings opening day roster. 

This is the best one I've seen yet.

I really like Ryan on the top line with Larkin. Also moving Mantha down to the 2nd line to balance the scoring. I'm not sure if our two best shooters should be on the same line, but it could work. I'd like to see Fabbri get some looks at center on that third line, but like Gagner there to help him out. I'm not sure where Nielsen and Filppula are, nor do I care. Neither should be playing over anyone in that lineup. We still lack elite talent, but this is a very solid forward lineup, with actual depth. Love it!

40 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This is the best one I've seen yet.

I really like Ryan on the top line with Larkin. Also moving Mantha down to the 2nd line to balance the scoring. I'm not sure if our two best shooters should be on the same line, but it could work. I'd like to see Fabbri get some looks at center on that third line, but like Gagner there to help him out. I'm not sure where Nielsen and Filppula are, nor do I care. Neither should be playing over anyone in that lineup. We still lack elite talent, but this is a very solid forward lineup, with actual depth. Love it!

Depth was definitely what I was going for. Fabbri having a center on his line to help him out/potentially switch him with seems good to me too. 

Bolded: in my mind, they're healthy scratches when everyone's healthy, injury replacements when we need them. 

Edited by amato

16 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Is this guy legit?

Could be why the Ilitch's only finished about 1/3 (the taxpayer funded portion) of their promised arena development project. Well, that or they're lying crooks who never intended on finishing anything but the arena to begin with.

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Could be why the Ilitch's only finished about 1/3 (the taxpayer funded portion) of their promised arena development project. Well, that or they're lying crooks who never intended on finishing anything but the arena to begin with.

At least it's a nice arena.....

7 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

At least it's a nice arena.....

Good point. I definitely do sleep a little easier knowing that the arena I helped pay for, am being overcharged to enter, is both the product of public corruption AND is nice. I'm totally not bitter about that it at all lol.

Edited by kipwinger

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Good point. I definitely do sleep a little easier knowing that the arena I helped pay for, am being overcharged to enter, and is both the product of public corruption AND is nice. I'm totally not bitter about that it at all lol.

BUT THINK ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO THE COMMUNITY YOU SELFISH JERK! 

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Good point. I definitely do sleep a little easier knowing that the arena I helped pay for, am being overcharged to enter, and is both the product of public corruption AND is nice. I'm totally not bitter about that it at all lol.

Aaah the advantages of being a Michigan transplant my friend.......I come in once or twice a year enjoy what you paid for and leave...........

2 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

BUT THINK ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO THE COMMUNITY YOU SELFISH JERK! 

This is the part that absolutely gets me. For YEARS people have reflexively said "The Ilitch family has done so much for Detroit". If I rolled my eyes any harder theyd fall out of my head. Almost all of the redevelopment downtown in Detroit is the product of Dan Gilbert, NOT the Ilitches. Rather than do anything at all for Detroit they've routinely fleeced the city/State to make themselves rich while doing almost nothing for downtown Detroit. Oh, and they don't bother paying their taxes either, which apparently, is par for the course amongst rich folks in America these days. F*ck them.

35 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

This is the part that absolutely gets me. For YEARS people have reflexively said "The Ilitch family has done so much for Detroit". If I rolled my eyes any harder theyd fall out of my head. Almost all of the redevelopment downtown in Detroit is the product of Dan Gilbert, NOT the Ilitches. Rather than do anything at all for Detroit they've routinely fleeced the city/State to make themselves rich while doing almost nothing for downtown Detroit. Oh, and they don't bother paying their taxes either, which apparently, is par for the course amongst rich folks in America these days. F*ck them.

24 minutes ago, F.Micheal said:

Didn't they not pay the water bill for the Joe for like 25 years or something? They're lucky Detroit is run by morons.

Democrat or Republican, it is what happens when one party has an absolute choke hold on an entire city. This one just happens to be a blue s***hole.   So much corruption, so much crap that gets passed down wind to citizens while millionaires and billionaires make out. 

I mean, it makes sense looking back at the first couple of days of UFA. Plus, we weren't acquiring all those big contracts that Yzerman said he wanted to do for assets.  I am not saying the Ilitch's weren't crooks, but as always, as the businesses are handed down to the next generation(s) the businesses become s***tier and s***tier. That being said, I do believe the "off-season" is done for us. If there are teams like Vancouver willing to help bailout teams like Vegas without demanding an extra asset in return, there is no reason to believe that we will be getting any extra 1st's or 2nd's or prospects this year. During a normal market, Schmit is worth more than a 3rd, so that was Vancouver's "gift."  Unfortunately Detroit (as stated above by the tweet) is not in a position to add assets like that, so we won't be seeing anything more, I do believe.  I guess all we have left to look forward to is see who makes the team, gets waived or who gets traded away.

just to put my 2 cents in, the Ilitch's didn't do what they said they were going to do in and around Commerica and they aren't going to build a "District Detroit." It might be time to sell the team to another billionaire. BOTH team's should be sold to owners that really care about the franchises and their homes re-named. Never liked the name Commerica Park (not even a Michigan business) and from day ONE I've hated name Little Caesar's Arena and the roof switch from the LED light show to the stupid logo. <barf>