• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, WRusco said:

Hockey Feed showing $5.7AAV

Yeah, my bad. I had a quick look at cap friendly, and seen $3.3M. Didn't realize that was his last contract... $5.7M would make much more sense lol. 

Still a very good contract. Anything sub $6M and I was going to be happy. 4 years is decent term. I would have preferred a little longer, but with all the injuries, it makes sense.

Larkin and Mantha are the only current roster players under contract beyond next season (2021-22). Both should outperform their respective contracts over the next 3-4 seasons. Great deals.

This team should get very young, very quick. With a ton of players on ELC's and bridge contracts over the next several years, it's a prime opportunity to pursue some big name free agents, and get back in contention.

Timashov should fall right in pretty quickly, probably $1M or less. If not, I am not too worried if he doesn't sign or gets an offer sheet. Now, let's get one more forward to better our team and give us another asset to deal at the TDL, whether it be a UFA or via trade and let's get this party started!

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Damn, that Fabbri contract sure f***ed up the Mantha deal

Nice try. I said the Fabbri deal could affect one or both of Mantha or Bertuzzi's negotiations by encouraging them to ask for more than they're worth. Mantha didn't. Bert did. He was the first Red Wing to go all the way through the arbitration process in many years, and the award he received was closer to the team's ask than his.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Nice try. I said the Fabbri deal could affect one or both of Mantha or Bertuzzi's negotiations by encouraging them to ask for more than they're worth. Mantha didn't. Bert did. He was the first Red Wing to go all the way through the arbitration process in many years, and the award he received was closer to the team's ask than his.

So you're saying that the Fabbri contract affected the Bertuzzi contract, and caused him to sign below market value?

14 hours ago, kipwinger said:

You must be really fun at parties.

1 hour ago, SwedeLundin7 said:

Predicted Lines for opening night

Fillppula - Fabbri - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Larkin - Ryan
Glendening - Namestnikov - Zadina
Erne - Helm/Nielsen - Gagner

Staal - Hronek
Nemeth - Stecher
Dekeyser - Merrill

Bernier
Greiss

Logic:

• Line 1: Fabbri is more of a playmaker than Larkin and this can aid Mantha. Fil is a steady defensive vet presence to anchor the line.
  • Line 2: Larkin and Ryan are friends.
  • Line 3: Zadina can capitalize on weaker defenders from line 3.
  • Line 4: Special teams line
  • Pairing 1: Staal offers vet presence and can get playing time to boost his value at the TDL
  • Pairing 2: Defensive D with a somewhat more offensive D.
  • Pairing 3: Michigan pair
  • Goalie: Bernier's earned it

I like the logic. Thoughts?

Thoughts? How about HSJ is a hack. 

9 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Thoughts? How about HSJ is a hack. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what is worse, Fabbri as the 1C over Larkin, or Staal as the 1D over literally anyone else. I do like that line of Bertuzzi - Larkin - Ryan though. Everything else is kind of WTF?

I'm bored. I miss hockey. There's not even any SHL games to watch this week...

What do people think Yzerman should do with the remaining $9.5M (+$6M Zetterberg LTIR) in cap space?

Sign another free agent? Offer sheet? Trade for a bad contract? Nothing?

A Hoffman signing would be a great add. He should easily net a late 1st round pick at next year's trade deadline.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd still love to see a Sergachev offer sheet.

I'd take on a bad contract, but I'd be holding out for a 1st round pick at minimum. The number of teams that need to shed varying amounts of cap space is staggering...

31 minutes ago, ely s said:

Hronek is playing against sweden right now

berggren playing for sweden

Nice! Not sure how I missed this... Thanks!

Hronek with a goal and an assist so far. Our old friend Andrej Nestrasil with a couple primary assists as well...

Edited by krsmith17

I like Fabbri as the 1C. HSJ is right that he may indeed be the better playmaker than Larkin. His assists per 60 are nearly as high as Larkin's already, and he's a rising star on this team. Yzerman already said he wants him to move to center so obviously the team is going to lean harder on him. Meanwhile Larkin is trending downward in production. This play making ability could be just what Mantha needs from his centerman.

Larkin is this team's best center, and it's not even close. Fabbri has not played any significant amount of time at center in his NHL career, and you think it's smart to thrust him into the 1C slot, ahead of Larkin? This makes zero sense to me. I'm all for trying Fabbri at center, but I'm not sure if I want him as our 2C, let alone 1C. Ideally Fabbri slots in as the 3C, behind Larkin and Namestnikov (or Filppula).

People complain about Larkin as our 1C. Fabbri would get eaten alive as a 1C. Larkin is the rising star on this team, not Fabbri. Don't get me wrong, I like Fabbri, but he's a middle six winger, maybe a middle six center. He's not, and likely never will be a 1C.

Larkin is not at all trending downward...

I also like the idea of splitting up Larkin and Mantha. It adds some depth to the lines and makes the 2nd line a legit scoring threat that teams will have to match up against. Kind of like how Babcock used to split up Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

This, I agree with. Everything else, not so much.