• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

On 11/10/2020 at 5:48 PM, F.Michael said:

My guess...'98 red...Think opposite of it...Would likely become what 'Terrible Ted' is wearing a few posts above.

RedWings25.png

If the league goes to some sort of "reverse retro" look, wouldn't it make sense for the Wings to reverse the logo, as they used to do? I've never understood why they went for exactly the same logo on both home and away jerseys when it worked perfectly as a reversible look for decades before the change was made (in the early 1980s, I believe).  

1 hour ago, paulwoodsfan said:

If the league goes to some sort of "reverse retro" look, wouldn't it make sense for the Wings to reverse the logo, as they used to do? I've never understood why they went for exactly the same logo on both home and away jerseys when it worked perfectly as a reversible look for decades before the change was made (in the early 1980s, I believe).  

There have been a few variations of the Winged Wheel over the years - the most current version became the norm in the mid 80s.

What concerns me is in the adidas promo it appeared that Detroit would have some grey in their new alternate jersey :ranting:

9 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

They shoud do one with 2 wings off the wheel.  That would piss a lot of people off, but at least be different.

It could be good, but that’s unlikely. IMHO the only good Winter Classic jersey was the 2014 - the rest were pretty lame by my standards.

A white version of this would be sweet, but as we’ve seen over the years - chances are it’ll be a f**king mess that few will purchase.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

It could be good, but that’s unlikely. IMHO the only good Winter Classic jersey was the 2014 - the rest were pretty lame by my standards.

A white version of this would be sweet, but as we’ve seen over the years - chances are it’ll be a f**king mess that few will purchase.

Agreed.  Morning Mike!

44 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

They shoud do one with 2 wings off the wheel.  That would piss a lot of people off, but at least be different.

The current logo has 2 wings coming off the wheel.

51 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

There have been a few variations of the Winged Wheel over the years - the most current version became the norm in the mid 80s.

What concerns me is in the adidas promo it appeared that Detroit would have some grey in their new alternate jersey :ranting:

So you're wanting Ohio State jerseys then?

Actually, would it be cool for them to have promo nights honoring the different hockey programs in colleges around the state of Michigan? Might be interesting... I know we don't want to mess with tradition, but it would be just for a one night and they could be auctioned off after the game(s.)

I'd be all in on trying to acquire a Wings jersey in Lake Superior State colors!

8 hours ago, paulwoodsfan said:

So no reverse logo. Nothing except grey striping. it's almost as if they didn't bother trying.

Its basically their white jersey with no red on the arms and the striping done in silver. Whoop-de-doo

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

I didn't have a source, nor heard it from anywhere. I just have a feeling that he won't be back. He is not going to get millions of dollars, it seems no team is going to offer sheet him, and he has not accepted the Wings qualifying offer yet, so my feeling is, he will not be here unless no European team wants him either.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:05 PM, Wait&Sneed said:

Retards are generally void of logic. They learn to fake it tho.

Nah. Gotta disagree here. Sociopaths are smart enough to know what emotions are appropriate to display based on a given situation. They learn this thru observation.

The mentally challenged can't observe and copy mental functions above their ability.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I didn't have a source, nor heard it from anywhere. I just have a feeling that he won't be back. He is not going to get millions of dollars, it seems no team is going to offer sheet him, and he has not accepted the Wings qualifying offer yet, so my feeling is, he will not be here unless no European team wants him either.

He likely wouldn't make more to play in Europe.