• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, ely s said:

Kucherov´s injury "happened" when they figured out, that it will be really expensive to trade their ~$5m contracts. What they did with Ottawa was just a little bit of fiddling around with their cap, but the real cap problems will return next summer, then there will be the same problems again.

Theyll be fine , theyll just trade a 1st/2nd for seattle to take hometown kid tyler johnson unless he really stinks it up this season . Keep one of goodrow/coleman and get some cheap ufa’s at great deals like your seeing now 

league needs to stop ignoring this bs going on . All the teams that were in cap hell suddenly had “injuries” save them . Guess it was just luck it was those teams 

7 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

AA goes to LA. $1.2M

So guess were pretty much done cause theyres literally no one left in the market to sign and flip worth anything more than a bag of doritos 

and sadly we’re stuck with all this unused cap space cause teams had “injuries”

ah well

3rds and 4ths at the deadline it is then  

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Apparently he said no to a $2.2M offer from Holland.

Dumbass GIF - Dumbass GIFs
2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Anybody know what conference we are in? Or are those scrapped all together?

There aren't really any conferences. They're just doing divisional play for the regular season it looks like.

19 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

?-?-?

Mantha-Larkin-?

Zadina-Rasmussen-Raymond

Smith-?-?

?-?

?-Seider

Cholowski-Hronek

?

?

The good news is we are only missing 11 players off a cup contending team!

< Pessimistic outlook

vs

Optimistic outlook >

Raymond - Larkin - Zadina

Bertuzzi - Veleno - Mantha

Soderblom - Niederbach - Berggren

Smith - Rasmussen - Svechnikov

Namestnikov / Fabbri

Wallinder - Seider

Johansson - Hronek

Cholowski - McIsaac

Stecher

Petruzzelli / Larsson / Bednar

My lineup is obviously more optimistic, but also in my opinion, more realistic. Of course some won't meet their potential, but some will exceed their potential.

This is only including players in the system now. Some will be removed (trade / free agency), and others will be added (draft / trade / free agency). We should have one, maybe two more top 10 picks in the next two drafts. 

Imagine this team with Owen Power and Shane Wright added in the next two drafts... Very unlikely, but that would not only be a Cup contender, but a Cup favorite in a few years...

38 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

< Pessimistic outlook

vs

Optimistic outlook >

Raymond - Larkin - Zadina

Bertuzzi - Veleno - Mantha

Soderblom - Niederbach - Berggren

Smith - Rasmussen - Svechnikov

Namestnikov / Fabbri

Wallinder - Seider

Johansson - Hronek

Cholowski - McIsaac

Stecher

Petruzzelli / Larsson / Bednar

My lineup is obviously more optimistic, but also in my opinion, more realistic. Of course some won't meet their potential, but some will exceed their potential.

This is only including players in the system now. Some will be removed (trade / free agency), and others will be added (draft / trade / free agency). We should have one, maybe two more top 10 picks in the next two drafts. 

Imagine this team with Owen Power and Shane Wright added in the next two drafts... Very unlikely, but that would not only be a Cup contender, but a Cup favorite in a few years...

I would switch Niederbach and Veleno and Zadina and Mantha. Everything I´ve read or seen so far about Niederbach raises questions why no one picked him earlier. Sure there was his injury, but the talent level is so high, we might get away with two top ten players of this draft class. Cholowski won´t be on the team long enough and McIsaac is a big question mark with his injury history, but there is still Viro and Tuomisto. With the next draft adding 10+ players we should have enough talent to play with.

Edited by ely s

21 minutes ago, ely s said:

I would switch Niederbach and Veleno and Zadina and Mantha. Everything I´ve read or seen so far about Niederbach raises questions why no one picked him earlier. Sure there was his injury, but the talent level is so high, we might get away with two top ten players of this draft class. Cholowski won´t be on the team long enough and McIsaac is a big question mark with his injury history, but there is still Viro and Tuomisto. With the next draft adding 10+ players we should have enough talent to play with.

As everyone here is well aware, I'm very high on Veleno. I still have him above Niederbach, but like I said in the other thread, Niederbach could be the steal of the 2020 draft. I'm really high on him as well. As for Mantha and Zadina, I think Mantha could still be better than Zadina in a few years, but it will be close, and you also need to balance your lines.

The jury is still out on Cholowski. I could see it going either way with him. I agree on McIsaac, but if he can overcome the injuries, he could be a really good bottom pair defenseman.

I like Viro and Tuomisto, but haven't seen enough of either one of them to have much of an opinion.

We definitely have a ton of depth throughout the lineup, but still need an elite game breaker or two, even if Seider and Raymond reach that level.

12 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

So no east vs west in the Stanley cup?

Good chance it could be 2 eastern time zone teams in the Finals.

Once there's a 'winner' in each of the 4 divisions - the team with the best reg season record plays the worst, and as expect #2 vs #3.

It'll be an interesting format - to be honest I'm looking forward to it.

18 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lol. Less than he would've gotten from Holland back when he was still an RFA.

I think AA would take 1.2 to relocate and play in LA anyday out of the week then take 2.2 and stay in Edmonton.  AA will fit right in in LA

1 hour ago, 13dangledangle said:

I think AA would take 1.2 to relocate and play in LA anyday out of the week then take 2.2 and stay in Edmonton.  AA will fit right in in LA

I respectfully disagree...AA hasn't 'fit in' anywhere...And it's not because LA > Edmonton...It's because AA, and his agent screwed the pooch, and more or less are desperate for any deal to stay in the NHL...He'll be outta the league sooner than later.

Edited by F.Michael

11 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

As everyone here is well aware, I'm very high on Veleno. I still have him above Niederbach, but like I said in the other thread, Niederbach could be the steal of the 2020 draft. I'm really high on him as well. As for Mantha and Zadina, I think Mantha could still be better than Zadina in a few years, but it will be close, and you also need to balance your lines.

The jury is still out on Cholowski. I could see it going either way with him. I agree on McIsaac, but if he can overcome the injuries, he could be a really good bottom pair defenseman.

I like Viro and Tuomisto, but haven't seen enough of either one of them to have much of an opinion.

We definitely have a ton of depth throughout the lineup, but still need an elite game breaker or two, even if Seider and Raymond reach that level.

LOL

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

AA wasnt even on the same level in PeeWee hockey. Dude is crazy.

6 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I respectfully disagree...AA hasn't 'fit in' anywhere...And it's not because LA > Edmonton...It's because AA, and his agent screwed the pooch, and more or less are desperate for any deal to stay in the NHL...He'll be outta the league sooner than later.

AA and his agent were drunk on the same kool aid that so many Wings fans were sipping.