• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

ABDELKADER HAS CORONA

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

So what? 

Plz tell me Government minon about the terrible plague. The one where u get to work and make money and I don't

What do u do again? Do u live off the ppls taxes like kip as well?

Time to pawn that oyster steel? 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

15 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

So what? 

Plz tell me Government minon about the terrible plague. The one where u get to work and make money and I don't. 

What do u do again? Do u live off the ppls taxes like kip as well?

Lol. I thought you were going to Europe for a “work trip” in 10 days? Now Corona’s put you out of work and money? Poor baby. I bet it sometimes feels like the whole world is against you when you’re making up lies to win internet debates. 

Grow up. 

1 hour ago, Rivalred said:

COVID19 is real, it is a big deal, and has impacted many people mentally, emotionally, physically in one way or another.

That is from a clinicians perspective though and someone who was in the hospital for 5 weeks trying to live due to the virus.

Sorry to hear this. Glad you pulled through. 

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

No, I'm set. My company sales have more than doubled since Corona started. But my job is pretty dependent on travel, so shutdowns have certainly made a lot of aspects for me a lot more difficult.

The ones I feel bad for are small business. Over the past 18 months all the money has funneled towards big box corporate and online retailers like Amazon. At least for me. We were averaging adding roughly 20-50 successful new accounts a year. This last 18 months we actually shed more accounts than we gained despite sales doubling. The top 80% of my business was roughly 70-80 accounts. Now the top 80% of my business is like 10-15 accounts.

Seems to me the shutdowns serve the megacorps and the little guys are getting shut down. The rich get richer. On a marketing level and personal level, I'd much prefer to have x100 small business accounts than an equally profitable x2 elephant accounts.

Mandates I don't care for, and vax up or lose your job also seems like coercion to me.

I got it. So you were pretending to be the victim, of something that doesn't actually effect you, on behalf of other (unnamed) people? While in reality you're perfectly fine? You should be a Democrat. 

Cool. My sister is a nurse in a hospital and she'd agree with you on that statement, except that it's a big deal... Or at least that it's a big deal, but the reaction and measures taken are completely overblown.

We're 18 months into this thing and still talking about it. Shutdowns haven't worked and masks haven't worked, besides making everyone's life more miserable in a variety of ways.

Now vaccines aren't working precisely because you cannot vaccine away a respiratory disease with animal hosts. We tried it with influenza, it can't be done. They just mutate and come back like we're witnessing now with the delta variant. You'll have to give everyone a booster shot once or twice a year, and that still may not work. Hell I used to get the flu shot every year for awhile... and I saw no noticeable difference in how many times I got sick. So I just stopped doing that after about 10 years of doing it religiously.

The whole world should have done things exactly like Sweden did. Don't lockdown the country or people's businesses, live your lives, take your vitamins, hire more doctors and nurses like yourself, and if you're immune compromised take extra precautions or stay in just like you would the flu. Cause at the end of the day there's no sense in any of this when yearly influenza has a survival rate of 99% and Corona has a survival rate of 98%.

Washington State Hospitals: We don't have any ICU beds left!

Oklahoma Hospitals: We don't have any ICU beds left!

Utah Hospitals: We don't have any ICU beds left!

Alabama Hospitals: We don't have any ICU beds left!

Georgia, Mississippi, and Florida Hospitals: We don't have any ICU beds left!

Health officials: 80% of the ICU beds in the nation are full!

Your sister: It's not really a problem. Stop over reacting America.

9 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Not getting into this but I get curious; what percentage of full beds are the norm? 

Here's a pretty good journal article I just found on the topic: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3840149/

Pre-pandemic the researchers found that "at any given time, approximately two thirds of ICU beds are occupied, and approximately one third of these beds are occupied by patients requiring mechanical ventilation". So that seems like your baseline, but I'm not an epidemiologist (not that anybody would listen to me if I were).

Now, to bring this full circle. Why is it bad to have overwhelmed hospital systems? Because then stuff like this (https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/569834-veteran-dies-of-treatable-illness-after-waiting-hours-for-icu-bed) doesn't happen.

But Kip, if only there was a way to reduce the COVID burden on hospitals?!?!?!

There is, get vaccinated. It's over 90% efficacious against hospitalization due to COVID.

Nobody is trying to "vaccinate a respiratory illness away". Nobody gives a s*** whether you have the flu. They do, however, care if there are so many flu patents in the hospital that care cannot be adequately provided to everyone else. Public health officials are trying to vaccinate hospitalizations due to the illness away. And it ABSOLUTELY CAN be done. Just get your vaccine (and heaven forbid, maybe a booster shot too), then if you get COVID you won't end up in the ICU.

The more you know.

I am somewhere in the middle. Mask and social distance mandates and occupancy limits are fine. Quarantine mandates too. I draw that line at forcing businesses to shut down over it as long as reasonable precautions are taken. An essential business is just too subjective of a term, and if a business is not essential, the cautious wont go in there anyway.

As much as I encourage getting the shot, a mandate to do so is just wrong. Incentivizing it is fine. Requiring vaccination among health care workers is reasonable too. But forcing everyone is just too far.

10 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Masks do not work at all. Covid is an aerosol particle that passes right through your $0.99 mask or bandana.

Social distancing is better, but I find it kinda dumb because it's routinely violated non stop, even by the best observers.

Occupancy limits may as well be shut down and bankruptcy to many businesses.

If you have a problem with vax mandates, you should have a problem with the other mandates.

Why? The vaccinated and the unvaccinated both shed pathogen. Requiring health care workers to vax doesn't stop spread.

1. Saying masks dont work is false. They decrease the amount of droplet and aerosol transmissions from the person wearing it. That is fact. They are not filters designed to protect the person wearing it. They certainly do not stop transmission from person to person, but they do decrease the chances of transmission and decrease the amount if viral load being transmitted. That decreases the severity of the illness, which is also the point of wearing a mask. You can argue the efficacy of masks, but a blanket statement that they do nothing, is just not true.

It's basic physics. Wrap a bandana around the end of a hose a spray someone from 6 feet away. Then remove the bandana and spray them again at the same distance. In both scenarios, the person gets wet. But the first scenario results in much less water hitting the person and decreases the distance needed to get sprayed.

If your goal is to stay dry, that strategy will fail. But if your goal is to decrease the amount of spray hitting you and decrease the amount of distance needed for transmission, then even a flimsy bandana will accomplish this.

2. Occupancy limits already exist in every confined space as per fire codes. The chances of a fire happening are way less than getting CoVid, but no one threw a fit when the "guvmint" created them.

3. There is a big difference between forcing a syringe into someone's arm and forcing someone to wear a mask indoors or isolate themselves when they are sick or likely to be. So it is reasonable to support one mandate and not another.

4. Vaccines are primarily designed to protect the person being vaccinated. While a vaccinated person can still contract the disease and spread it to others, they are less likely to do so then someone without any kind of naturalized immunity. This is fact. If the idea is to decrease transmission, then vaccination is one way to do that. People can still spread disease with their hands, but you would be foolish to argue against hand washing because they can still become contaminated later.

And vaccine mandates for healthcare workers is nothing new. Most facilities already required TDaP, MMR, HBV, and Varicella vaccinations before even being hired. Some places even require flu vax. No one cried about that when being hired. But now we need a whambulance inside the hospital too.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

13 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

So all I really had to do to enter Italy was take a PCR covid test. Other than that they gave zero s***s. Have to show my vaccine card twice and they didn't even look at it. Could have flashed a receipt. The population of Rome n Naples seems to not care about covid BS at all. Most businesses just happy to have tourism returning. Everything open. Honestly a low key good time to travel. Crowds are at like 50%. 

I got 3 more countries to hit so maybe I'll get hassled yet, we'll see. 

This is gonna end up just like patriot act. In 5 years half u orthodox covid nuts will claim u were against the nutty restrictions the whole time. Fear is a great motivator. 

Enjoy the time appreciate you letting us know you aren't in jail ..........yet

15 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I stand corrected. 54% of covid hospitalizations are now vaccinated individuals. Literally more vaxtards are taking hospital beds then unvaccinated. 

Still downright zealous about your untested gov mandated miracle cure? 

I'm really not here to spit in the faces of the vaxed. I'm vaxed myself for work reasons. I just want u to stop taking ur governments demands for gospel. ITS NOT SCIENCE (I know, the science is settled, but then the science also changes, again and again and again to fit the needs of those who dictate science). The NHS has literally tossed out their own studies to push these agendas. Studies showing this is endemic. Stop freaking out and live ur life. Yay u might get sick for a few days. Life. 

And what is your educational/work background? 

Do you have the breakdown of the following:

1. percentage of the patients hospitalized currently that did not covid prior?

2. Percentage of the patients hospitalized currently that did have covid prior and were vaccinated?

3. percentage of the patients hospitalized currently and what type of hospital beds and length of hospital stay vs hospital beds - medical surgical vs cardiac vs icu?

4. Percentage of the patients in the hospital and what variant it is?

5. data of the ages of hospitalized and pre existing conditions acute and or chronic? How about untreated or delayed medical conditions due ?

6. Where is the data from? Is this specific to a county, state, country? What is the population density? What preventative measures have been taken?

We will give you time to gather your information, respond, deflect, come up with whatever 

53 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I have a bachelors unrelated to medicine. Worked for a foreign manufacturer for several years, but now own my own business. 

1.2.3.4.5.6. Do you have this info? Please share it. I'd actually love to add to my arsenal.

My guess is you don't though, and this is just a sad appeal to authority. 

You've commented a few times in this thread... but with nothing of substance so far besides sob stories about how ur on the Frontlines of the horrible disease that only kills the 1% of obese n elderly. Hit me with some insider knowledge bro. I'm ready to take the corona pill. 

Ok, so you don’t have a degree in research, chemistry, epidemiology, infectious disease, microbiology, virology, or such. 

You threw out percentages and information, but didn’t back it up. I asked for more specifics to drill down your post/information you were sharing. 

Once again, you mention a number/percentage, but don’t back it up. You may want to re read my posts, I never  used the term frontline worker. 

More power to you on having one account here banned, create a new one, have it banned again, and so forth. While the internet is so useful in many ways, that is not one of them. 

Don’t really need to add anymore to this discussion or thread as I am sure other members could do without you. Enjoy your time and good luck. 

Edited by Rivalred

No, you moved goal posts. Asking for a ridiculous amount of specific information. The idea that lack of robust study is evidence of falsehood is an argument from ignorance.

so...one of my favorite things to see from this heard is this.

You used an exact percentage then when asked to source it, started in with everything but the source.

You have no problem offering up information, but when asked it's the last thing you can offer.

It's fine if you don't have the sources, but don't pretend you couldn't be making a mistake. If science can get things wrong, certainly keyboard scientists can also.

The difference between being a skeptic and being a troll is the goal.

Currently the 'vaxtards' as you put it are using proof to your hearsay. 

You are not bad for questioning anything, but your personal experience in anecdotal and not proof of anything.

Proof happens in numbers, and while that seems tedious and refutable, it is definitive truth.

You have expose your bias, it is on you to prove your case.

If you can't then you have lost the debate, like many scientists, lawyers and scholars before you.

Losing is not a sign of weakness but the start of your next win.

Then again, if you are just trolling...meh. It's sad, sad to see the value you place on human life and the combined effort of all trolls and what they could accomplish if they could stop being lazy and apply themselves.

Be good, do good. If you can't embrace that, don't live a lie.

The desire to spark debate is admirable.

If you ever studied debate, you would know you lose the high ground by name calling.

If you are to be believed and trolling is not your goal, then I simply suggest sticking to the topic and not tip your hand as to your biases.

Granted, you may not care for traditional news sources, but rarely does the Associated Press call people Vaxtards, just sayin'.

I don't use Tictok and I have no facebook, etc.

Just pure sources...

https://www.media.pa.gov/pages/health-details.aspx?newsid=1595

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines post-vaccination cases as individuals who are fully vaccinated and tested positive for COVID-19 more than 14 days after they completed their full one-dose or two-dose vaccination series. They are also referred to as vaccine breakthrough cases. 

Today’s online report shows that since January 2021:

·         97 percent of COVID-19-related deaths were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people. Among a total of 6,472 COVID-19-related deaths identified in Pennsylvania in 2021, the latest data shows 213, or three percent, post-vaccination deaths identified. Cumulative death incidence among the unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated was 7.9 times as high as the death incidence among the fully vaccinated.

·         95 percent of reported hospitalizations with COVID-19 as the primary diagnosis/cause of admission were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people. Among a total of 34,468 hospitalizations with COVID-19 as the primary diagnosis/cause of admission reported in Pennsylvania, 1,820 were reported to have occurred in fully vaccinated people. These figures account for data from 55 percent of all hospitals and 69 percent of acute care hospitals in Pennsylvania, representing approximately 80 percent of acute care beds in the state.

·         94 percent of reported COVID-19 cases were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people. Among a total of 639,729 positive cases, there have been 35,389, or six percent, identified post-vaccination cases. Cumulative case incidence among the unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated was 7.1 times as high as the case incidence among the fully vaccinated.

“That means that 97 percent of deaths reported through the beginning of September were in unvaccinated or not fully-vaccinated people,” Beam said. 

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Other than myself - has anyone in here work in healthcare and cared for Covid+ patients?

I left the actual hospital environment years ago. Glad I am not working in one during the pandemic. I can't imagine the stress, fear, sadness, and frustration our frontline workers go thru. But it doesnt matter cuz CoVid is just the 'flu', right? Said no one who actually works in an ER or ICU.

Yeah. There is competing science. There are some really knowledgeable, respected professionals who contradict each other.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I always take debates with competing science and data with the "lesser evil" approach.

Which is worse:

1. mask wearing and vaccination now only to find out later that it wasn't effective

2. refusal to do either now only to find out later it would have saved lives

The science is still under debate and changing as we learn more. There is no definitive data yet. Why not err on the side of caution? If we find out later on that masks and vaccines were a complete waste of time, who cares? What irreparable harm did it do? 

I would rather be wrong and only cause inconvenience, then be wrong and kill people.

5 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

99% survival rate. Vaxed spread the virus faster than the unvaxxed.

Easy to say when you arent part of the 1%. You'd be surprised how fast people change their tune when they are.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What irreparable harm did it do? 

My 5G microchip is malfunctioning and giving me tickles in my right arm.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Easy to say when you arent part of the 1%. You'd be surprised how fast people change their tune when they are.

I bet they go pretty silent.

On 9/11/2021 at 7:43 PM, BarkBurgerman said:

On Sardinia now. Beautiful spot btw. Worried about France. The embassy keeps sending me emails about civil unrest due to Vax mandates. And France just put a bunch more restrictions on American traveller's. 

I have more covid diatribe to spout thou. Like 30-40% of hospitalizations now are folks who got the vaccine. The immunity from the first wave of vaccines is already running out. And winter is coming... aka flu (covid) season. 

Prediction: it's about to get really bad again very soon. And your political leaders know this. I expect the finger pointing at the unvaccinated is going to step into next gear, even though the already vaxed will be just as immuno compromised to the next wave. Ya know... cause they can't admit the hell, and untested vaccines, they just put everyone through didn't work. And the populations of the world are gonna be a lot less agreeable to another round of lockdowns and new vaccines. 

That said. The thing no one seems to be talking about IMO is the obese. You're basically only at risk of dying from this thing if you're really old, have an odd immune deficency, or you're really fat. Saw an article today that was something like "16 year old girl with no preexisting conditions fighting for her life from covid". I'm like boy that's odd. Healthy young ppl don't die from this thing. *click on the article*. Photo is a girl who is easily 100+ lbs overweight. "No preexisting conditions" my ass. You're an average person and don't wanna die from covid? Go for a jog.

Was Marco Rossi, a prospect you yourself on countless occasions praised the physique and work ethic of, 100+ pounds overweight? Kid had a pretty rough go of it. 

Edited by marcaractac

9 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Was Marco Rossi, a prospect you yourself on countless occasions praised the physique and work ethic of, 100+ pounds overweight? Kid had a pretty rough go of it. 

To be fair, the MSM does single out the outliers when it comes to CoVid. The vast majority of serious cases and deaths are older or those with comorbidities.

However the claims by the anti vaxxers that the vaccinated get CoVid too so it doesn't work or isnt necessary purposefully leaves out the data that shows that the vaxxed are less likely to have a severe case or die vs the unvaccinated. The fact that not all CoVid cases are equal eludes their peabrains.

Whelp, let's jump in here.

LOWEST survival rate under the age of 50 is 99.834%.  Straight from the CDC website. Simple division. 21,922,082 cases. 36,382 deaths in groups 49 years old and younger. 

LOWEST Survival rate under the age of 40 is 99.925%.  17,170,411 cases. 12,891 deaths in groups 39 years old and younger. 

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics
 https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge

What do you mean, SP, by LOWEST?

Well you see... we literally have no statistics on ASYMPTOMATIC cases. People that had it and had such minor symptoms that they didn't get tested, didn't report it, didn't seek medical care, and are otherwise not even counted into COVID Case counts. We know, at this point, that we've pretty much accounted for the excess deaths. It's highly unlikely that the DEATH COUNT is higher - let alone at a higher percentage than missed COVID cases, PARTICULARLY for these age groups - you know, the groups that have minor symptoms across the board.

The other thing that really pisses me off about this... the HYPOCRISY of deaths after vaccination vs. no vaccination in respect to comorbidities.  Don't forget, Dr. Fauci himself said there's nothing to worry about in "breakthrough deaths" - they only died because of their comorbidities, not the disease. You know, because his vaccine is perfect!

This is also the man that, last year, said that just because someone has massive comorbidities, doesn't mean they didn't die of COVID.  https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/01/fauci-debunks-theories-of-low-cdc-coronavirus-death-toll-there-are-180000-plus-deaths-in-us.html

Finally, the last thing that pro-COVID vaccination jerks don't want to address is the argument that we could "reach herd immunity if you would just get vaccinated!!!" doesn't work... because these vaccines don't create immunity. They PROTECT you from major disease.  Which, if you didn't know, being young, less-than-overweight, not hypertensive, and non diabetic (among others) does naturally for you.   I'm 30, 5'9", 161lbs, and have no underlying health conditions.  There's literally no benefit to me getting the vaccine; I had COVID in January of last year, I STILL have antibodies (according to recent blood donation) and your vaccine does NOT generate immunity. 

Which, by the way, the CDC removed from the "Vaccine" definition this month.  Yeah, no joke - they literally changed the definition from "generates immunity to a disease" to "produce protection for a disease" JUST THIS MONTH!  You can find the original definition on "way back machine" or archive.com, which you can do yourself. It's not a conspiracy page, it literally allows you to see a snapshot of any webpage at a time in history of your choosing. Hell, you could probably look up this site or Pornhub if you wanted, it doesn't discriminate or promote conspiracy. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/20200714012119/https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm

So, anyone want to discuss? Or am I just going to get yelled at like happens on Facebook or Twitter?  Because there's nothing but facts and links in this post.  Would love to hear someone explain logically why I should be MANDATED to get vaccinated.

P.S. I am fully vaccinated, as are my kids, against polio, MMR, etc. including whooping cough from just before my first kid was born.  I believe in science - when the science has been around!  Because, guess what? https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/drug-recalls this website should give you pause. Just because the government said it was safe, doesn't mean that they won't change their mind later.

Oh, and you trust Pfizer to do the right thing always?  Interesting. They've paid the cumulative highest dollar amount in criminal fines in their history in all of North America. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2875889/#:~:text=Pfizer%20has%20been%20a%20%E2%80%9Chabitual,civil%20penalties%20and%20jury%20awards.

Guess you better buy some stock. You might need it, since the government took this THERAPEUTIC (not a IMMUNITY-GENERATING VACCINE) and gave THE COMPANIES immunity.

Kinda backwards, eh?

Floor's yours.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/herd-immunity-and-coronavirus/art-20486808

From the Mayo Clinic. Dated August 28th.

"Herd immunity occurs when a large portion of a community (the herd) becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. As a result, the whole community becomes protected — not just those who are immune.

There are two main paths to herd immunity for COVID-19 — infection and vaccines.

Even if you have antibodies, you could get COVID-19 again.

Herd immunity also can be reached when enough people have been vaccinated against a disease and have developed protective antibodies against future infection.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved one COVID-19 vaccine and given emergency use authorization to a handful of COVID-19 vaccines.

But reaching herd immunity through vaccination against COVID-19 might be difficult for many reasons. 

However, the FDA-approved and FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective at protecting against severe illness requiring hospitalization and death due to COVID-19. Even if it isn’t currently possible to stop transmission of the COVID-19 virus, the vaccines are allowing people to better be able to live with the virus.

However, if you are in an area with a high number of new COVID-19 cases in the last week, the CDC recommends wearing a mask indoors in public and outdoors in crowded areas or when you are in close contact with unvaccinated people."

These guys are shameful partisans, am I right? Theyre clearly in on the Plandemic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/10/moderna-most-effective-covid-vaccine-studies/

"People who were not fully vaccinated this spring and summer were more than 10 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, than those who were fully vaccinated, according to one of three major studies published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that highlight the continued efficacy of all three vaccines amid the spread of the highly contagious delta variant.

Nevertheless, the three vaccines showed continued robust protection for all adults — greater than 82 percent — against hospitalization, emergency room and urgent-care trips."

I dont care what the terminology is. You get the shot, you are overwhelmingly better off.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie