• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

ABDELKADER HAS CORONA

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

The problem is you're buying into this immunity thing the media and politicians are pedalling. I thought people like you didn't believe those types? Boosters reactivate the antibodies. Nothing more. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid. 

For the record, I agree that the restrictions are overkill. I agree that the fear mongering to promote vaccines are awful. I agree that what the media and politicians are saying is a crock of s***. But to act like vaccines are some useless tool in all of this is false. Why the f*** do you think no NHLers are showing anything more than mild cold symptoms? Because of the antibodies. From the vaccines. Sure, many of them would also be fine without. But some absolutely would not. Because the narrative that no fit healthy person can get seriously ill from COVID is also a crock of s***. Both you rightists and leftists are both r-worded in this entire debate.  

I'd school you on why the vaccinates can get and carry the virus, while still having the antibodies to fight it. But your mind is clearly set on your antivax bulls***.

It's not a left vs right thing. Trump and Biden both push the vaccine.

I've been preaching that you cannot have immunity from Covid (can't vax it away) for pages on here. I was saying this when the POTUS was still saying you would get immunity AND it would stop spread lol. Funny how the narratives shift.

If it does not give immunity or stop spread, then you simply have a flu booster that everyone will need to take till the end of time. If you want to take these boosters till the end of time great :thumbup: but folks who are not interested in this or worried about becoming sick (like myself) should have zero restrictions. Restrictions that try to compel them too jab. Just like with the flu vaccine.

5 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I read everything. The 3rd dose boosts immunity so that after the 4th dose you're fully protected. Then once the 5th dose is out in mass we can relax restrictions, as the the 6th dose stops spread. The 7th will then probably be the dose that fixes everything, therefore we'll have no reason to fear the 8th dose. The 9th dose will then only need to be used to confirm that the antibodies remain stable after the 10th dose. 11th dose simply guarantees no more new mutations. I have my doubts about the 12th dose though...

12th dose we all turn into zombies.

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The term "booster" should be self-explanatory.

It is.

I dunno what's so confusing about this to you vax slappies. If you want to reduce potential symptoms for yourself GREAT! Boost up and leave me alone. Stop s***ting on the rest of us who don't care to reduce our potential symptoms. It's like religion with you people, like you're trying to save us from ourselves.

We don't want your boosters. We don't want restrictions. Yet you guys shill hard against anyone who disrespects your holy vaccines.

As someone who knows what the vax can do and cannot, what covid can do and cannot, how can you absolutely not cringe at this? how can you support this rhetoric?

qa2lbcyk6m681.jpg?width=750&auto=webp&s=

"If you don't submit to the drugs we want, death and pain will befall you and your family"

It's an immune booster right? My unvaxxed ass poses no threat to you or your kin. So why this level of coercion? Does the US gov literally just care that much about my life? That would be a first...

Boston just decided to ramp up restrictions again

ul3p26xqfw681.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

People are tired of this s*** and folks like Wu will get the rope first

Here's a link which you all should support:

Release PFIZER documents within 100 days instead of 55 years

Surely if you trust the vaccine they should be transparent and just release the data right? Why would Pfizer want to hide testing data and side effects for 55 years anyway lol! Vaxers and anti vaxers can unite behind this. Tell us what we injected!

Edited by bIueadams

17 hours ago, bIueadams said:

It's not a left vs right thing. Trump and Biden both push the vaccine.

I've been preaching that you cannot have immunity from Covid (can't vax it away) for pages on here. I was saying this when the POTUS was still saying you would get immunity AND it would stop spread lol. Funny how the narratives shift.

If it does not give immunity or stop spread, then you simply have a flu booster that everyone will need to take till the end of time. If you want to take these boosters till the end of time great :thumbup: but folks who are not interested in this or worried about becoming sick (like myself) should have zero restrictions. Restrictions that try to compel them too jab. Just like with the flu vaccine.

It is a left vs right thing in terms of the people, 100%. And once again, I straight up said info from the media and government was a crock of s***, as they use fear mongering to push vaccines. 

Once again, I agree with some points you make. Those who want protection from COVID should get their booster. Much like those who want protection from the flu should get their ******* flu shot. I'll agree that the use of vax passes and s*** to try and enforce vaccines is ******* terrible and useless, considering vaxxed people can still carry. My point is that vaccines are still a great tool for folks who wanna ensure they don't get super sick from this thing. 

Having said that, the vaccines DID prevent spread initially, as the vaccine was based on the original variant. The spike protein changes with each new variant, which is why they increasingly infect the vaccinated. Of course, the vaccinations still provide antibodies regardless, and they are renewed with each booster. So it's a great thing for those who want it. 

If folks wanna roll the dice without a vaccine, that should be their choice. There is certainly risk there regardless of fitness and health. Obviously the risk in healthy people is significantly less, but it certainly isn't zero. 

So get pissed about the bulls*** messaging, absolutely. Get pissed about the restrictions and vax pass bulls*** yes. All these restrictions do at this point is weaken our immune systems to literally everything else, which opens up a whole new world of issues. But the vaccines themselves still do a hell of a lot more good than bad. IT is certainly time to just let people live with the decision they have made in terms of whether or not they got pricked. Roll the boosters into the annual flu shot and call it a day. 

I agree with Marc on almost everything but:

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

It is a left vs right thing in terms of the people, 100%.

I think its more of a class issue than anything else. It's just that the white working class is way more vocal about their "antivaxx" stance than poor/working class minorities.

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

I agree with Marc on almost everything but:

I think its more of a class issue than anything else. It's just that the white working class is way more vocal about their "antivaxx" stance than poor/working class minorities.

I mean sure. I just feel like there is a pretty significant correlation between right and anti-vax and left vs pro-vax, is all. People certainly try to make it a political issue when it shouldn't be. 

In the end, vaccines should be pushed based on their merit. COVID antibodies that prevent serious illness. Not pushed via fear mongering and bulls*** restrictions. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

People certainly try to make it a political issue when it shouldn't be. 

Everything the authorities say or do is political. Sadly.

The right are idealogically averse to restrictions and mandates so naturally they protest the loudest when they see they aren’t justified. 

12 hours ago, bIueadams said:

It is.

I dunno what's so confusing about this to you vax slappies. If you want to reduce potential symptoms for yourself GREAT! Boost up and leave me alone. Stop s***ting on the rest of us who don't care to reduce our potential symptoms. It's like religion with you people, like you're trying to save us from ourselves.

We don't want your boosters. We don't want restrictions. Yet you guys shill hard against anyone who disrespects your holy vaccines.

I’m 99.9% certain you’d have a different opinion if you worked in healthcare and took care of patients in the ICU like I have.

I hate Biden. I don't trust Big Pharma. The left is fear mongering and has taken vaccination way overboard. The right has become wacko conspiracy theorists who care more about personal freedom than public health.

I believe in the concept of immunization thru vaccination. It has nothing to do with politics for me.

On 12/22/2021 at 7:39 AM, marcaractac said:

It is a left vs right thing in terms of the people, 100%. And once again, I straight up said info from the media and government was a crock of s***, as they use fear mongering to push vaccines. 

Once again, I agree with some points you make. Those who want protection from COVID should get their booster. Much like those who want protection from the flu should get their ******* flu shot. I'll agree that the use of vax passes and s*** to try and enforce vaccines is ******* terrible and useless, considering vaxxed people can still carry. My point is that vaccines are still a great tool for folks who wanna ensure they don't get super sick from this thing. 

Having said that, the vaccines DID prevent spread initially, as the vaccine was based on the original variant. The spike protein changes with each new variant, which is why they increasingly infect the vaccinated. Of course, the vaccinations still provide antibodies regardless, and they are renewed with each booster. So it's a great thing for those who want it. 

If folks wanna roll the dice without a vaccine, that should be their choice. There is certainly risk there regardless of fitness and health. Obviously the risk in healthy people is significantly less, but it certainly isn't zero. 

So get pissed about the bulls*** messaging, absolutely. Get pissed about the restrictions and vax pass bulls*** yes. All these restrictions do at this point is weaken our immune systems to literally everything else, which opens up a whole new world of issues. But the vaccines themselves still do a hell of a lot more good than bad. IT is certainly time to just let people live with the decision they have made in terms of whether or not they got pricked. Roll the boosters into the annual flu shot and call it a day. 

If you agree with many of these points, then you should be outraged by our governments actions. We're essentially getting 9/11ed-patriotacted all over again. If that's conspiracy to you, well... then call me a foil hat for all I care.

I don't care if you want to personally take the vax or boost, just like I don't care if you personally want to divulge all your private info to the government. But I don't.

It's painfully obvious that covid vaccines do a mere fraction of their original intention, are a pharma cash grab, and gov overreach opportunity. Never let a good crisis go to waste...

But if you do agree at this point you still have egg on your face. All I have to do is cite Bertuzzi to prove that point. The man has been dragged on every hockey board in existence because he came to a different personal medical conclusion than others. It's gross.

On 12/22/2021 at 12:07 PM, F.Michael said:

I’m 99.9% certain you’d have a different opinion if you worked in healthcare and took care of patients in the ICU like I have.

Sure. And I know I've mentioned this to you once already. My sister - nurse practitioner working at major university hospital - would say the exact opposite of this. She thinks the reaction to covid is wildy overblown.

So you're going to have to present me something more compelling than anecdotal evidence.

On 12/22/2021 at 3:17 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I hate Biden. I don't trust Big Pharma. The left is fear mongering and has taken vaccination way overboard. The right has become wacko conspiracy theorists who care more about personal freedom than public health.

I believe in the concept of immunization thru vaccination. It has nothing to do with politics for me.

You can't immunize yourself to Covid through vaccination. If you knew what you were talking about you'd know this.

6 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Sure. And I know I've mentioned this to you once already. My sister - nurse practitioner working at major university hospital - would say the exact opposite of this. She thinks the reaction to covid is wildy overblown.

So you're going to have to present me something more compelling than anecdotal evidence.

My 2nd eldest has a classmate - her mom is also a nurse practitioner...They didn't believe in the vax as well...Guess what - the father/husband died of Covid several weeks ago.

But since it's simply anecdotal you just may as well ignore that too.

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

My 2nd eldest has a classmate - her mom is also a nurse practitioner...They didn't believe in the vax as well...Guess what - the father/husband died of Covid several weeks ago.

The anti vaxxers are the masters of anecdotal evidence. There was a woman who died after her 2nd dose of the vaccine and they immediately jumped on it as proof that the vaccine was worse than the disease.

Turns out she overdosed on Tylenol to treat the side effects of the vaccine which led to liver failure and then renal failure and then death. 

But they refuse to accept that and claim its a "coverup". Like the US Government is even capable of maintaining such a conspiracy.

F Michael your story sucks and a kid should never have grow up without a parent. 

I am going to offer my viewpoint on this.  Especially as I am potentially staring at a potential CV case in the mirror based on some results from folks that visited us on Christmas eve. Which is awesome as I just had knee replacement Dec 16 so my body is going to be stretched pretty good if I go positive. 

I think Covid causes the issue be it heart ,pneumonia, diabetes etc to be amplified and boom you are crushed. Similar to the way aids killed. Aids destroyed your immune system and then you were out there buck naked against infection. 

Anecdotal stories we all have on one side or another for this infection and it sucks cause most of these stories have someone leaving us.  

My ex fiancee;s mother who was vaxxed died 3 weeks ago, her dad had sniffles, ex spent week in hospital getting out of ditch. Now was the mother older ..yup did she have underlying conditions yup was a diabetic. So did CV kill her I think it contributed to her dying but it wasn't the only reason. 

Yet on the other side my salesguy had it(last March) spent a week in hospital and back to training for a marathon. His wife had sniffles. 

No matter how the bread is sliced its a sucky situation 

Just my .02 

The anecdotal stories of 20-30 year-old, TRULY healthy people getting severely ill and/or dying is still such a far cry from what we are seeing on a macro level.  If you are under the age of 40, and you do not have a history of heart conditions, diabetes, AIDS/HIV, auto-immune disorders, etc., then your net gain from the vaccine is statistically insignificant against the odds of recovering naturally as a whole.  Yes, it reduces your chances of dying, but it doesn't reduce transmission - which would be the most important factor for young people.

So we know there are 22,115,000+ cases AT A MINIMUM in people under 40.  We know this is the MINIMUM because there are no estimates for ASYMPTOMATIC UNTESTED cases.  It is a complete unknown.  ESPECIALLY in young people.  This 22 million plus is only the number of positives reported to health authorities.

Now we know that just under 35,000 people have died (under the age of 40).  We also know that the majority of these people have lung issues, cancer, diabetes, and the #1 correlated health issue AND the world's #1 killer... obesity.  Obesity is a more significant predictor than AGE!

So 0.158% of people under age of 40 who get this die.  That's not 15.8%, but 0.158%  And we know that's the MAXIMUM because the numbers do NOT include asymptomatic, untested cases. Out of 2000 cases, 3 people under the age of 40 die.  And we can assume that they are extremely unhealthy, right?  Given that 1997 people survive?

Come on. This is totally overblown.  We are cancelling sports, sending children into isolation due to exposure, etc. etc. GTFOOH.  

I understand the concerns of the hospitals.  My wife works in pain management.  But haven't the unhealthy ALWAYS abused and misused the E.R.?  Now you're just getting a much larger influx of cases of people who are not well, in combination with burn out from the medical field. "available beds" is a misnomer - our hospital system isn't out of BEDS (there are dozens of empty rooms) - they are out of EMPLOYEES to take care of them.  Because of the burnout, lack of pay, and vaccine mandates.  These people were heroes, but now they're villains if they don't take a shot they likely don't need?  These people have robust immune systems because of their exposures over time. They're the LAST people that should be getting mandated; why don't we start with CONGRESS since the average age is 57 and 63 in the House and Senate respectively???? No...? 

15 hours ago, _SP_ said:

The anecdotal stories of 20-30 year-old, TRULY healthy people getting severely ill and/or dying is still such a far cry from what we are seeing on a macro level.  If you are under the age of 40, and you do not have a history of heart conditions, diabetes, AIDS/HIV, auto-immune disorders, etc., then your net gain from the vaccine is statistically insignificant against the odds of recovering naturally as a whole.  Yes, it reduces your chances of dying, but it doesn't reduce transmission - which would be the most important factor for young people.

So we know there are 22,115,000+ cases AT A MINIMUM in people under 40.  We know this is the MINIMUM because there are no estimates for ASYMPTOMATIC UNTESTED cases.  It is a complete unknown.  ESPECIALLY in young people.  This 22 million plus is only the number of positives reported to health authorities.

Now we know that just under 35,000 people have died (under the age of 40).  We also know that the majority of these people have lung issues, cancer, diabetes, and the #1 correlated health issue AND the world's #1 killer... obesity.  Obesity is a more significant predictor than AGE!

So 0.158% of people under age of 40 who get this die.  That's not 15.8%, but 0.158%  And we know that's the MAXIMUM because the numbers do NOT include asymptomatic, untested cases. Out of 2000 cases, 3 people under the age of 40 die.  And we can assume that they are extremely unhealthy, right?  Given that 1997 people survive?

Come on. This is totally overblown.  We are cancelling sports, sending children into isolation due to exposure, etc. etc. GTFOOH.  

I understand the concerns of the hospitals.  My wife works in pain management.  But haven't the unhealthy ALWAYS abused and misused the E.R.?  Now you're just getting a much larger influx of cases of people who are not well, in combination with burn out from the medical field. "available beds" is a misnomer - our hospital system isn't out of BEDS (there are dozens of empty rooms) - they are out of EMPLOYEES to take care of them.  Because of the burnout, lack of pay, and vaccine mandates.  These people were heroes, but now they're villains if they don't take a shot they likely don't need?  These people have robust immune systems because of their exposures over time. They're the LAST people that should be getting mandated; why don't we start with CONGRESS since the average age is 57 and 63 in the House and Senate respectively???? No...? 

You used to say Live and Let Live ....

On 12/22/2021 at 8:34 AM, redw1ngs said:

Are you or are you not vaxxed?

I am vaxed.

I wish I wasn't.

I could not perform my job without being vaxed. Therefore I am. So yeah, I'm a bit resentful of the restrictions in place that coerced me into getting something I did not want. I'm in my early 30s and take good care of myself. My risk of dying from this is basically nothing. So I don't want to be taking rushed experimental drugs. I haven't even taken a tylenol in probably 10+ years, but I had to take this... as you can see from this thread the resentment is palpable.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:01 AM, F.Michael said:

I told you anecdotal evidence does nothing for me. Yet here you present more anecdotal stories...

The numbers suggest his case is far from the norm. So I ask you:

How old was he?
What were his preexisting health conditions?
How much did he drink on a weekly basis?
Did he smoke?
How overweight is he?

I can go on.

I'm willing to bet this man was at the very least 40+ and not in good health. And by all means he should have vaxxed if he hadn't.

On 12/27/2021 at 3:24 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The anti vaxxers are the masters of anecdotal evidence. There was a woman who died after her 2nd dose of the vaccine and they immediately jumped on it as proof that the vaccine was worse than the disease.

Turns out she overdosed on Tylenol to treat the side effects of the vaccine which led to liver failure and then renal failure and then death. 

But they refuse to accept that and claim its a "coverup". Like the US Government is even capable of maintaining such a conspiracy.

I don't think this line of argument has even been presented in this thread.

On 12/27/2021 at 3:48 PM, AtlantaHotWings said:

F Michael your story sucks and a kid should never have grow up without a parent. 

I am going to offer my viewpoint on this.  Especially as I am potentially staring at a potential CV case in the mirror based on some results from folks that visited us on Christmas eve. Which is awesome as I just had knee replacement Dec 16 so my body is going to be stretched pretty good if I go positive. 

I think Covid causes the issue be it heart ,pneumonia, diabetes etc to be amplified and boom you are crushed. Similar to the way aids killed. Aids destroyed your immune system and then you were out there buck naked against infection. 

Anecdotal stories we all have on one side or another for this infection and it sucks cause most of these stories have someone leaving us.  

My ex fiancee;s mother who was vaxxed died 3 weeks ago, her dad had sniffles, ex spent week in hospital getting out of ditch. Now was the mother older ..yup did she have underlying conditions yup was a diabetic. So did CV kill her I think it contributed to her dying but it wasn't the only reason. 

Yet on the other side my salesguy had it(last March) spent a week in hospital and back to training for a marathon. His wife had sniffles. 

No matter how the bread is sliced its a sucky situation 

Just my .02 

Thanks. This is exactly my point.

Vaccinations do not stop spread, therefore you should only be taking them if you want to reduce your symptoms.

You should want to reduce your systems if you are:

• fat
  • diabetic
  • smoke
  • drink a lot
  • have another serious disease
  • old

If you don't fall into any of those categories there's an overwhelming chance you will just be sick for a short period of time. No need to "boost".

Edited by bIueadams

On 12/27/2021 at 4:28 PM, _SP_ said:

I like you

Now that the site is up for how long who knows....

So as an update to my above post ....We had 19 people over for Christmas Eve and of those people 12 got the crud. Of those 12 5 were vaxxed and boosted and 7 unclean. I am one of the unclean and had been the Tom Brady of negative Covid tests due to some work things. I am now 7 - 1 on the neg vs positive. It was like a minor sinus infection for 3 days. I didn't stop going to meetings as I work from home and put in the normal workday. 

Funny thing my daughter and her husband who I haven't seen in 2 years due to her paranoia over the crud were 2 of the 5 that came down with the crud.  They both had a couple of bad days then recovered. It's almost like having it freed them, they both tested negative and then went to the national championship game sans masks. 

I am 60, probably 20+ lbs loverweight right now due to lack of exercise due to knees, have afib and like my ginger pops so technically I am probably a bit higher on the risk scale than most of you. Then more lack of exercise due to the knees being removed and replaced the last 6 months. 

I was more concerned with the weirdness going on with the knee incision as I had an allergic reaction to the glue used to seal it then the crud. Knee is healing now after massive doses of creams and meds. 

I do have one more potential reason for my ability to "shrug" off the crud. I grew up on the NW side of Flint drank city water from a hose so maybe my immune system is super charged due to that ....LOL 

4 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Now that the site is up for how long who knows....

So as an update to my above post ....We had 19 people over for Christmas Eve and of those people 12 got the crud. Of those 12 5 were vaxxed and boosted and 7 unclean. I am one of the unclean and had been the Tom Brady of negative Covid tests due to some work things. I am now 7 - 1 on the neg vs positive. It was like a minor sinus infection for 3 days. I didn't stop going to meetings as I work from home and put in the normal workday. 

Funny thing my daughter and her husband who I haven't seen in 2 years due to her paranoia over the crud were 2 of the 5 that came down with the crud.  They both had a couple of bad days then recovered. It's almost like having it freed them, they both tested negative and then went to the national championship game sans masks. 

I am 60, probably 20+ lbs loverweight right now due to lack of exercise due to knees, have afib and like my ginger pops so technically I am probably a bit higher on the risk scale than most of you. Then more lack of exercise due to the knees being removed and replaced the last 6 months. 

I was more concerned with the weirdness going on with the knee incision as I had an allergic reaction to the glue used to seal it then the crud. Knee is healing now after massive doses of creams and meds. 

I do have one more potential reason for my ability to "shrug" off the crud. I grew up on the NW side of Flint drank city water from a hose so maybe my immune system is super charged due to that ....LOL 

>no vax
>60
>afib
>no exercise

= minor sinus infection

Covid is a hoax

Edited by bIueadams