• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

greenrebellion

NHL Season officially suspended until further notice - March 12, 2020

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Significant challenge would be that they couldn't just take the standings as they stand today because some teams have played 68 games, some 71 (if I'm accurate).  

If playoffs go ahead use standings as is, but have four wildcards in each conference. Have 4 best 2 out of 3 series for all wildcard teams to reduce to the usual 2 per conference. That way any team close enough to a playoff spot that has an argument still has a shot at making it. 

At some point, no matter which approach is taken will lead to something unfair for some team. Just got to suck it up and live with it at some point. 

42 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

If playoffs go ahead use standings as is, but have four wildcards in each conference. Have 4 best 2 out of 3 series for all wildcard teams to reduce to the usual 2 per conference. That way any team close enough to a playoff spot that has an argument still has a shot at making it. 

At some point, no matter which approach is taken will lead to something unfair for some team. Just got to suck it up and live with it at some point. 

Already talking about truncated 1st round.  The simple issues to point to right now would be the NYI....1pt out of wildcard, but they've only played 68 games vs the 70 games that the 2 wildcard teams have played.  Vancouver is tied for last wildcard spot in the West, but technically out of playoff picture, they are 1pt back of 1st wildcard team and 2 games in hand. 

We are official folks, in the meantime PLEASE continue your activity, but keep it within the terms of use, NO POLITICS. If you guys want a discussion thread going about the ongoing virus, with updates and whatnot, that's perfectly fine, but keep politics out of it entirely. This goes for discussion, memes, pictures, avatars, and anything inbetween. There are virtually millions of other places on the internet to discuss politics, keep it off of these boards. 

Everyone be safe, take care of yourself and your loved ones, don't get trampled for toilet paper, and we hope to have hockey back sooner than later. 

4 hours ago, Barrie said:

Suspending the season put us Red Wings fans out of our misery.

I wonder if they'll offer those of us with nhl tv some sort of refund?

Based on the Wings season they owe us .......

21 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Sad times...I'll miss hockey, now need to figure out something else to distract myself with in the coming weeks and months.

Just like we would have done during the playoffs till draft day.....

Knew this was coming when NBA called it and saw the ticker saying “NHL mulling options,” as in still working on the press release. March Madness off too. Concerts right and left. This ******* sucks. 

4 hours ago, amato said:

No argument here. Sad but true. 

Also heard nhl teams have been asked to provide their stadium availability through July. Summer playoffs sounds good. 

Since the Tigers are...um...not good, it would be awesome to have summer playoffs.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

How would that affect the 2020-21 season I wonder?

i honestly don't think it would have any effect on the 2020/21 season.  Maybe I'm wrong, but really only a few teams would be playing that late into July as they move through the brackets.  The two teams in the SCF would still have a month+ to rest and get ready for the next season.  Maybe delay the start of the season by a few weeks or something..but these teams/venues/cities are going to be desperate to get people in the doors asap.  They'll want the season to start as soon as possible due to losing months of revenue$ due to the season suspension. 

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Bill Daly has already been quoted saying, whatever happens this season, will not have any effect on next season.

This. They probably rather cancel the playoffs or even the rest of the season entirely, than carry any delay over into the next season.

Cancelling the playoffs and not having a Cup winner would be the greater evil. Shortening the next season by a dozen games would be much less impactful, and the lesser evil. I can think of 16 team owners who would prefer the latter if it came to a vote. And they would also have the majority.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Cancelling the playoffs and not having a Cup winner would be the greater evil. Shortening the next season by a dozen games would be much less impactful, and the lesser evil. I can think of 16 team owners who would prefer the latter if it came to a vote. And they would also have the majority.

This.

We've already had a few seasons where only 48 games were played so a shortened 60, or 70 game season would be fine.

My kids will be outta school for the next 4 weeks...I'm expecting a similar delay with large gatherings/pro sports/concerts/etc.

Reminder that all hoarders are scared beta rats, and their stockpiles belong to alpha marauders like you.

How to spot a hoarder? Look for structures that have been boarded up. That means there's loot inside. Also watch for anyone trading luxury items like alcohol tobacco or precious metals. Follow them long enough and theyll lead you straight to their honey pot of essentials and other goods.

Once youve discovered a hoarder rats location the process is simple. Give them the mongolian diplomacy. Either they join your marauding band and forfeit their supplies to the group, or you will kill them all without mercy.

In event of the later tear gas is your best option because fire may possibly destroy the supplies you are trying to retrieve, although if you can smoke them out without setting a serious fire that is a very effective method. Tear gas can be produced at home with mixtures of alcohol and capsaicin from peppers. Do some googling while internet is still up. 

Once youve flushed the rat you must terminate them. Even if they surrender after enough gas n smoke you cant risk being knifed by dissidents in your sleep. Do the deed. If you dont already have a gun to do this with youre a rat and none of this applies to you. Stop reading. Rumors of your viloence and power will spread throughout the nearby community and more will willingly submit to you in the future.

Now your reign of terror has begun. Stick to this method and snowballing it until you can take larger and larger game. Eventually you will run into other marauding hordes and you will want as many men and weapons that you can muster.

Sidenote: pick a theme for your band. Im going with classic homoerotic leather garb mad max style.

Goodluck LGWers and remember offense is the best defense in the coronpocalypse