• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

greenrebellion

NHL Season officially suspended until further notice - March 12, 2020

Rate this topic

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2020/03/whats-next-for-nhl-red-wings-during-after-coronavirus-hiatus.html

Found below a bit interesting from the above article which I hadn't thought of as an aftershock of the virusdown. 

If games are canceled or the playoffs wiped out will the salary cap decrease?

The cap is linked to revenues, so it would be impacted. The current limit is $81.5 million, and it was projected to rise to anywhere from $84 million to $88.2 million for 2020-21.

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Reminder that all hoarders are scared beta rats, and their stockpiles belong to alpha marauders like you.

How to spot a hoarder? Look for structures that have been boarded up. That means there's loot inside. Also watch for anyone trading luxury items like alcohol tobacco or precious metals. Follow them long enough and theyll lead you straight to their honey pot of essentials and other goods.

Once youve discovered a hoarder rats location the process is simple. Give them the mongolian diplomacy. Either they join your marauding band and forfeit their supplies to the group, or you will kill them all without mercy.

In event of the later tear gas is your best option because fire may possibly destroy the supplies you are trying to retrieve, although if you can smoke them out without setting a serious fire that is a very effective method. Tear gas can be produced at home with mixtures of alcohol and capsaicin from peppers. Do some googling while internet is still up. 

Once youve flushed the rat you must terminate them. Even if they surrender after enough gas n smoke you cant risk being knifed by dissidents in your sleep. Do the deed. If you dont already have a gun to do this with youre a rat and none of this applies to you. Stop reading. Rumors of your viloence and power will spread throughout the nearby community and more will willingly submit to you in the future.

Now your reign of terror has begun. Stick to this method and snowballing it until you can take larger and larger game. Eventually you will run into other marauding hordes and you will want as many men and weapons that you can muster.

Sidenote: pick a theme for your band. Im going with classic homoerotic leather garb mad max style.

Goodluck LGWers and remember offense is the best defense in the coronpocalypse

Playing Rust a lot I take it?

Edited by xault

2 hours ago, xault said:

Playing Rust a lot I take it?

57 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

And remember, don't make any loud noises or take off your blindfold.

The most ridiculous and laughable part about all this panic hoarding is the toilet paper.

The ratio of value to volume isnt good enough for me to loot this item. Anymore than a few measley rolls and ive exceeded my carrying capacity. Gotta keep my war band light and mobile. Plus have u ever pooped waist deep in a pond or river? Its delightful. Like an auto cleaning service. 

So rats at least horde something of value please.

Personal note to the denizens of this season's GDTs:  I miss you all and enjoyed our chats during the games.  Even though most were awful losses, you were there for the celebrations of the good outings... and there will be more of them.  You are good and loyal fans of our Wings.  Stay well and be safe/sane about this situation we are in, as a nation. 

I just wanted to say hello to each of you, and hope to see you soon - Dabby, Mabus, Legs, Y19, Neo -- all of you fine people.  Looking forward to next season now.

xoxo, loooo

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

JOIN THE DISCORD. At this very moment were talking about digestive systems and how coffee and hot sauce make us poop weird, bc the discord is somehow dominated by old LGW boomers and I need new ppl to join lol PLLEAse

I'll circle it back to bidet talk

53 minutes ago, amato said:

not sure how i feel about this latest potential development.. but it would likely have less of an impact on next season. if they do this, hopefully only the 7 teams that don't make it get the top three picks raffled off. with all the extra odds going to last place of course ;) 

Anyone scenario involving new playoffs should include the Red Wings. We were surging. 

How many corona patients do you know?
How many videos of ppl dropping dead in the west have you seen?
How many images of Italy mobilizing police and doctors have you seen?

Thousands of images and video poured out of China - a country behind a totalitarian government firewall - but a free democratic western nation like Italy where everyone has a camera phone? Next to nothing.

According to the World Health Organization the H1N1 pandemic from 2009 infected multi-millions and killed upwards of an estimated half a million people and we all kept going to work and carrying out our daily lives. According to the World Health Organization the corona virus has yet to infect 200K or kill 8K, yet we are closing schools, colleges, restaurants, sports, businesses, restricting travel and quarantining our neighbors.

There is no corona virus, nothing beyond a seasonal flu anyway. You're being tested and the powers that be want to know how the cattle like us react, and what they themselves can get away with. They're pushing the envelope as far as they can.

Public policy will be formed around how we react to this trial run. And so far it wasn't very hard for them to get us to follow the hive and crash our own economies.

I have to go take my meds now. In the meantime go outside and live your lives sheeple.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

5 hours ago, amato said:

not sure how i feel about this latest potential development.. but it would likely have less of an impact on next season. if they do this, hopefully only the 7 teams that don't make it get the top three picks raffled off. with all the extra odds going to last place of course ;) 

Hmmm, would this make only 7 teams lottery eligible? Because that would be more fair, the only teams that should be in the lottery anyhow are the bottom 5, IMO.

Edited by LeftWinger

6 hours ago, amato said:

This is sillier than the toilet paper craze.  Why the urgency to suddenly redo the entire playoff format in some bizzarre way?  Just take the 8 teams with the highest point percentage in each conference if the playoffs started today.  

12 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

This is sillier than the toilet paper craze.  Why the urgency to suddenly redo the entire playoff format in some bizzarre way?  Just take the 8 teams with the highest point percentage in each conference if the playoffs started today.  

I agree it sounds silly. But it just says they're considering it as an alternate. I think it's more so to give the bubble teams a chance, since they should have more games to make their playoff push. A lot of this likely depends on when the league is able to resume. 

12 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Teams have played different amounts of games at this point. That is hardly a fair way to go about it. Doing a quick elimination round with teams still in the playoff hunt is the only right way to do it if the season cannot be finished. 

Example: Islanders are outside of the playoffs by 1 point, but have two games in hand on the team ahead of them. Try telling them that they are out of it with two games in hand. 

13 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Only if you don't consider, that there is a lot of money lost or won for the teams concerning this. If the NHL finds a financial solution for the teams that are on the bubble but out of a playoff spot no owner or GM would probably mind playing the usual format. Otherwise the league has to get creative.

20 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Teams have played different amounts of games at this point. That is hardly a fair way to go about it. Doing a quick elimination round with teams still in the playoff hunt is the only right way to do it if the season cannot be finished. 

Example: Islanders are outside of the playoffs by 1 point, but have two games in hand on the team ahead of them. Try telling them that they are out of it with two games in hand. 

GMR said to use "point percentage", which takes into account number of games played...

I think the best thing to do would be when they're able to play games again (hopefully sooner than later), remove 10 games from the schedule and every team plays 72(ish).