• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

greenrebellion

NHL Season officially suspended until further notice - March 12, 2020

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Day 209,

@Neomaxizoomdweebie has been surviving the last month mostly on feral cats. Some other survivors and himself learned to catch them once the supplies ran out. Tonight though they only have rat meat and a small supply of looted toothpaste to eat.

Still there is hope. Rumors of milk and honey in the West. Some survivors have already packed up their few supplies and headed that way hoping to share in the abundance of modern foods still available. The rumors speak of a great man with a seemingly infinite supply of white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies. Just the word cookie is enough to make Neo's mouth water and his stomach to turn with hunger pains...

Nah. Out here in the burbs there's plenty of deer, squirrels, and raccoons. We don't have any need for ur overpriced hipster baked goods. 

57 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nah. Out here in the burbs there's plenty of deer, squirrels, and raccoons. We don't have any need for ur overpriced hipster baked goods. 

Aren't you the one who doesn't own a firearm, or was that someone else here?

If so - you plan on using a bow, or be like Rambo, and jump upon your unsuspecting prey from a tree branch high above?

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I love this part in the article

The most obvious buyout candidates when it comes to NHL forwards include Detroit’s Justin Abdelkader and Frans Nielson (both long-term signings made there by current Oilers GM Ken Holland), Andrew Ladd of the New York Islanders, Milan Lucic of the Flames, Kyle Okposo of the Sabres, and Loui Eriksson of Vancouver.

So it's not just us whining about those contracts others see it!!! I feel justified 

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I love this part in the article

The most obvious buyout candidates when it comes to NHL forwards include Detroit’s Justin Abdelkader and Frans Nielson (both long-term signings made there by current Oilers GM Ken Holland), Andrew Ladd of the New York Islanders, Milan Lucic of the Flames, Kyle Okposo of the Sabres, and Loui Eriksson of Vancouver.

So it's not just us whining about those contracts others see it!!! I feel justified 

Holland was criticized in the media the day those contracts were signed. Not surprised about Okposo, Lucic, or Eriksson either. How any competent GM thought those were reasonable contracts is beyond me.

10 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Aren't you the one who doesn't own a firearm, or was that someone else here?

If so - you plan on using a bow, or be like Rambo, and jump upon your unsuspecting prey from a tree branch high above?

Dogs. Really mean dogs.

16 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Dogs. Really mean dogs.

Dogs are a suppressive tactic. If you don't have a gun to finish subduing me with I'm just gonna shoot your dog or beat it to death. Then ur fukt.

Doggies are extremely overrated. They only work when there's a handler nearby with a gun drawn. Otherwise ur pitbull is getting my boot to his chin, his nuts ripped off, and his eyes gauged out. Maybe he punctures my leg or arm, but that only serves to piss me off worse and now i'll kill ya slow like.

TDLR: Buy a gun.

2 hours ago, mackel said:

What is the general feeling out there?  Do people think this season is absolutely over?  Playoffs in the summer with no fans?  What's the general feeling?

I dont see any chance the season gets finished at all. This whole pandemic thing is likely to last into the summer. Even if the virus goes "dormant" in the warmer weather, as some are hoping, it would be too late to start any kind of playoff without pushing the start of next season into 2021.

13 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dogs are a suppressive tactic. If you don't have a gun to finish subduing me with I'm just gonna shoot your dog or beat it to death. Then ur fukt.

Doggies are extremely overrated. They only work when there's a handler nearby with a gun drawn. Otherwise ur pitbull is getting my boot to his chin, his nuts ripped off, and his eyes gauged out. Maybe he punctures my leg or arm, but that only serves to piss me off worse and now i'll kill ya slow like.

TDLR: Buy a gun.

Even if you're packing a full auto, I don't see any chance you're taking out an entire pack of dogs before they take you down. Unless you're like an Assassin Droid from Star Wars. Which I doubt.

23 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Even if you're packing a full auto, I don't see any chance you're taking out an entire pack of dogs before they take you down. Unless you're like an Assassin Droid from Star Wars. Which I doubt.

lol wut? How many dogs do u have? You think 5-10 dogs are gonna stop a man with fully automatic rifle?

I whole-heartedly promise you your "pack of dogs" will not even exist. More mouths to feed + not that effective combat wise + can be eaten themselves.

That said I would make mince meat of your pack of Labradors. I'm 2-3 times their weight, outfitted in protective gear, and packing melee and projectile weapons. Not to mention what ever other marauders are in my band. I'm not even considering adding dogs to my war band and you (the guy who doesn't believe in firearms) thinks they will save him. My best advice is good luck.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:44 AM, LeftWinger said:

This would be beyond amazing for us.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Anybody else still watch Gus and Tatar and feel sad? They both play such a Red Wings style it's hard not to miss them

Yeah, for sure. It’s not heartbreaking but it’d sure be nice to still have them. 

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

lol wut? How many dogs do u have? You think 5-10 dogs are gonna stop a man with fully automatic rifle?

I whole-heartedly promise you your "pack of dogs" will not even exist. More mouths to feed + not that effective combat wise + can be eaten themselves.

That said I would make mince meat of your pack of Labradors. I'm 2-3 times their weight, outfitted in protective gear, and packing melee and projectile weapons. Not to mention what ever other marauders are in my band. I'm not even considering adding dogs to my war band and you (the guy who doesn't believe in firearms) thinks they will save him. My best advice is good luck.

7 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I dont see any chance the season gets finished at all. This whole pandemic thing is likely to last into the summer. Even if the virus goes "dormant" in the warmer weather, as some are hoping, it would be too late to start any kind of playoff without pushing the start of next season into 2021.

CRL, and I post often on Discord...We share personal info from time to time, and not long ago he shared this photo of himself...

Image result for long haired fat guy with guns

Edited by F.Michael

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

CRL, and I post often on Discord...We share personal info from time to time, and not long ago he shared this photo of himself...

Image result for long haired fat guy with guns

@F.Michael is a very funny man. But I bet I kill @Neomaxizoomdweebie in a one on one duel. He doesn't have the will to fight like a man.

17 hours ago, mackel said:

What is the general feeling out there?  Do people think this season is absolutely over?  Playoffs in the summer with no fans?  What's the general feeling?

A German expert stated that stadiums here in Europe will probably open not earlier than September. You are one or two weeks behind us. So I think this season is over.

2 hours ago, derblaueClaus said:

A German expert stated that stadiums here in Europe will probably open not earlier than September. You are one or two weeks behind us. So I think this season is over.

This is what I was thinking also... but didn't want to accept...  

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

My one regret right now is not owning a Katana desu

What’s your plans for today?

Why not pick one up this afternoon?

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

@F.Michael is a very funny man. But I bet I kill @Neomaxizoomdweebie in a one on one duel. He doesn't have the will to fight like a man.

Well he is a dweeb.

On 3/22/2020 at 3:27 PM, mackel said:

Personally, I feel like we're headed toward a summer playoff with some play in games or maybe best of 3/5 play in series for the bubble teams. Just a gut feeling. I think absolute worst case, they start playoffs when they can with the way the standings are now, but I imagine the league will want to give bubble teams a shot and a "play in week" or whatever marketing name nbc comes up with would also be an exciting way to give fans more playoff quality hockey to make up for the season games they missed. 

On 3/22/2020 at 4:57 PM, mackel said:

If they are willing to play games in September, and then delay next season to start in November (to use Oct for draft, UFA, etc), I can see it happening. Even if they have to limit the playoffs to one city with no fans initially, as they eventually roll back restrictions. 

4 hours ago, amato said:

Personally, I feel like we're headed toward a summer playoff with some play in games or maybe best of 3/5 play in series for the bubble teams. Just a gut feeling. I think absolute worst case, they start playoffs when they can with the way the standings are now, but I imagine the league will want to give bubble teams a shot and a "play in week" or whatever marketing name nbc comes up with would also be an exciting way to give fans more playoff quality hockey to make up for the season games they missed. 

Any chance the Wings are allowed in the playoffs?  

An article over on the Athletic states some NHL executives are talking about adjusting the lottery...  some are suggesting a tournament.  Can you imagine how f***ed we'd be if they make a change like that.

17 minutes ago, mackel said:

An article over on the Athletic states some NHL executives are talking about adjusting the lottery...  some are suggesting a tournament.  Can you imagine how f***ed we'd be if they make a change like that.

Just another depressing moment of an already crappy season.