• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Dylan Larkin Is Soft

Rate this topic

There's your glorious leader, next wearer of the C, lol

He looks like harry potter minus the wizard powers and still suckling at his mothers teet

This is our C? This is our best athlete? I wouldn't even bother to ask him to spot me on the bench

This team needs to take a serious look at their inventory and evaluate what they've got. Alexis Lafreniere looks like more of a man at 18 than Dylan does at 24.

Out with the old core, in with the new is what I say

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

100% I could do more push ups than you and Larkin combined

I'm not convinced you could lift your ego that many times

12 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Yeah, some 18 year old Frenchie with rosy cheeks is more masculine.  

So says a dude living in Seattle.  

Hipster-Barista.jpg

CRL is disappoint 

24 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Yeah, some 18 year old Frenchie with rosy cheeks is more masculine.  

So says a dude living in Seattle.  

Look at this kid, his neck is thicker than Larkin's chest

brno-czech-republic-19th-dec-2019-alexis

16 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'm not convinced you could lift your ego that many times

Hipster-Barista.jpg

CRL is disappoint 

I could dead-lift my ego and "put" it a quarter mile

Only thing that's gonna be disappointed is your face up when its gets a delivery from muh fist

53 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I take shytes bigger than Larkins biceps.  His upper body strength resembles Cloris Leachman's.

If I am expected to self-isolate for two weeks to a month here, I'm going to require better efforts from you then threads like this one. 

53 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If I am expected to self-isolate for two weeks to a month here, I'm going to require better efforts from you then threads like this one. 

You will hush your mouth choosy beggar

There hasn't been a new thread on LGW in 700 years. Until you create one you have no standing amongst the tribe.

Why does everyone think we need to get rid of Larkin/Mantha/Bert and bring in a new core? Why can't we have it both ways? Keep the young players we have now while simultaneously bringing in new players?

17 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Bertuzzi should wear the C.

No.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why does everyone think we need to get rid of Larkin/Mantha/Bert and bring in a new core? Why can't we have it both ways? Keep the young players we have now while simultaneously bringing in new players?

No.

We don't need to get rid of any of em. AA was enough. Why shouldn't Bert get the C? He's just as good as anyone else on the team and plays hard.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Don't bring logic into this...

ThIs TeAm SuCkS! TrAdE eVeRyOnE!

Edited by krsmith17

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No.

Because the pieces garnered from trading 60 pt centers are more valuable to last place teams than 60 pt centers are. By the time we have a new Yzerman, Seider is full Konstantinov, we have a competent goalie in place, and the depth is strong enough for us to make a cup push, Larkin will be traded/moved-on/or-dead.

I'm amazed daily by how many ppl "like" this core. Everynight they are trash. I used to think Wings fans understood what excellence was... now i"m not so confident.

7 hours ago, chaps80 said:

We don't need to get rid of any of em. AA was enough. Why shouldn't Bert get the C? He's just as good as anyone else on the team and plays hard.

Bert should get the C. Plays harder than 100% of this roster. But I'd like to wait for Seider. He's gonna be Lidstrom/Pronger leadership tier. I think it'll be worth the wait.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Because the pieces garnered from trading 60 pt centers are more valuable to last place teams than 60 pt centers are. By the time we have a new Yzerman, Seider is full Konstantinov, we have a competent goalie in place, and the depth is strong enough for us to make a cup push, Larkin will be traded/moved-on/or-dead.

I'm amazed daily by how many ppl "like" this core. Everynight they are trash. I used to think Wings fans understood what excellence was... now i"m not so confident.

The only fans that don't understand, are ones like you, that want to get rid of every player on the team. The team as a whole is bad, that doesn't mean that every player on the team is bad. No one should be untouchable, but we shouldn't be actively shopping Larkin, Mantha, Hronek, etc. These players are good enough, and still young enough to continue to build around. They're the three best players on the team right now. Ideally, we'll have 3+ players better than those three in 2-3 years... Seider could be one of them. Zadina could be one of them. Our 1st round pick this year will likely be one of them, as well as our 2021 1st round pick. We need to add "elite" talent to surround our "high end" talent. You seem to think Seider will be elite. How many teams have more than one, truly elite defensemen? Larkin isn't elite, but give him an elite winger like a Lafreniere, and not even you can possibly think he'll be a "60 point center". Again, we need to add a lot to our current core. That doesn't mean we should completely scrap our current core...

The problem with trading away Mantha or Larkin is that the return would probably be of lesser potential. Lottery teams aren't trading for them, and the better teams who would be interested, would have late 1st round picks to offer. Does it make sense to trade young players like Larkin and Mantha for picks who aren't likely to be any better? I don't think so. 

Even if Larkin isnt a 1C, keep him as a 2C (a position of need) and draft ur 1C. If Mantha isnt an elite power forward, draft one. Mantha will still make a good 2nd line winger. 

I think trading away any of these guys would be a mistake and would be hitting the reset button and setting the rebuild even farther back.

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

The only fans that don't understand, are ones like you, that want to get rid of every player on the team. The team as a whole is bad, that doesn't mean that every player on the team is bad. No one should be untouchable, but we shouldn't be actively shopping Larkin, Mantha, Hronek, etc. These players are good enough, and still young enough to continue to build around. They're the three best players on the team right now. Ideally, we'll have 3+ players better than those three in 2-3 years... Seider could be one of them. Zadina could be one of them. Our 1st round pick this year will likely be one of them, as well as our 2021 1st round pick. We need to add "elite" talent to surround our "high end" talent. You seem to think Seider will be elite. How many teams have more than one, truly elite defensemen? Larkin isn't elite, but give him an elite winger like a Lafreniere, and not even you can possibly think he'll be a "60 point center". Again, we need to add a lot to our current core. That doesn't mean we should completely scrap our current core...

"They're the 3 best players on the team"

I hear "The only 3 players with value"

Mantha is gonna be walking out on this team for nothing in UFA in 4 years when the team is still rebuilding, and we'll be up s***s creek. It's an all too clear possibility given how much work needs to be done and how much ammo Yzerman currently has...

I'm the one doing Yzerman the favor here. I'm saying f*** Holland's players and core, trade em' and build your own.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The problem with trading away Mantha or Larkin is that the return would probably be of lesser potential. Lottery teams aren't trading for them, and the better teams who would be interested, would have late 1st round picks to offer. Does it make sense to trade young players like Larkin and Mantha for picks who aren't likely to be any better? I don't think so. 

Even if Larkin isnt a 1C, keep him as a 2C (a position of need) and draft ur 1C. If Mantha isnt an elite power forward, draft one. Mantha will still make a good 2nd line winger. 

I think trading away any of these guys would be a mistake and would be hitting the reset button and setting the rebuild even farther back.

Hi my name's Tyler Bertuzzi (25), Anthony Mantha (26), and Dylan Larkin (24). I'm entering the prime of my career on the newly crowned worst team in the league. Do you know how I'd like to spend my prime production and earning potential years? Wallowing in the mud with the rebuilding Detroit Red Wings. I just love wasting my talent and leaving dollars on the table to play with a bad team in a bad city.

These players want to be on winning teams, I want draft picks and prospects.

It's almost like there's a clear solution to that condrum there... somewhere... can't put my finger on it.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs