• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kipwinger

Taylor Hall?

Rate this topic

Would you want Taylor Hall for a max contract?  Assuming the Wings would have to MASSIVELY overpay to attract him, would you still want him?  I'm thinking something like 10 million for 7 years.  Is it worth it regardless?

....as long as we could sign him BEFORE the draft lottery so he can bring his #1 overall "luck" with him!!

honestly, I know he said he just wants some security, but would 7 years here get us (or him) a legit shot at the Cup? He did play junior in Windsor, so he may have some connections around the area, but as we've learned over the past few years, that doesn't mean crap anymore.  Plus, he's already been on TWO rebuilding teams, plus Arizona didn't fare too well,so would he really want to go to another rebuild? One that is further behind than New Jersey is/was?  Now if we are able to get Lafreniere, that might change our look to many UFA's, but until we have that cornerstone, franchise-type player, I don't think we'll be seeing many stars come here.  But, if indeed he is just looking for a team with cap space and term, you never know what will happen. I'd give him max salary for 7 years if it meant attracting possible others...

just a little quarantine side note, I start an expansion team in NHL20 and was able to draft Lafreniere, and with my other selections via the expansion draft/regular draft (and UFA's) over the past 6 season's, my top line consists of Lafreniere - Nick Suzuki (expansion draft) - Nicolaj Ehlers (UFA) and they are unstoppable. I've also acquired his brother Ryan from the Canes, he is pretty good as well! :lol: The things we do while we are stuck at home.  BTW, the ONLY current Red Wing I have is Robby Fabbri. He is the captain and leads the team in scoring most years.  So if I am going by NHL20, I say Yzerman should attempt to get Suzuki and Ehlers, and keep, above all, Fabbri. My D has Trouba and Byrum as the top unit.

...anyhow back to real NHL, if Hall would turn this team into a playoff team, I'm ok with giving him a contract.

Edited by LeftWinger

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Would you want Taylor Hall for a max contract?  Assuming the Wings would have to MASSIVELY overpay to attract him, would you still want him?  I'm thinking something like 10 million for 7 years.  Is it worth it regardless?

I'd say no unless we have a crystal ball, and can see if he's able to repeat what he had accomplished in '17/'18.

I'd rather put less money and term into Lehner and/or Krug, adding those two would make this team a respectable bottom 5 team (see Ottawa).  I think they would also accelerate our rebuild by 2 seasons.

Depends on the draft. If we draft a future 1C, then I say yes as we're short an elite winger.

If we draft Lafreniere, I wouldn't sign Hall. We'll have filled the wings on the top 2 lines and I would rather use that money to sign another 1/2 C.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Krug is the only UFA I'd throw any term at this summer, even then only if the cap hit isn't too outrageous. Hall IMO comes with too many risks. It already looks like his best years may be behind him, and any contract he signs will likely look awful as he approaches his mid 30s. 

Krug, on the other hand, has been extremely consistent in this league since his debut. He is also a proven playoff performer. With the style of game he plays, I do not see a significant drop in production from him in his 30s. It would also be nice to have a GOOD veteran player on the team for once. 

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No on Hall. Bad juju.

Arizona was playing great hockey before acquiring Hall. They started sliding as soon as they made that addition.

On top of that his best years are in the past already and he'll command too much term and money for this stage of a rebuild.

He does have a habit of being around for a lot of draft lottery wins though