• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Elliotte Friedman: Swedish UFA Forward Mathias Brome to Sign with Wings

Rate this topic

This is nice that he chose us over a better team though! Maybe Z and Lids have more influence than the Sedin's do!

8 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Say hello to the next Leino, Brunnstrom, Brunner etc.

Let's hope he's not the next Kaski.  For which I mean that he never gets a chance here and then gets dealt.

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'm pretty sour about this tbh. 

Pretty sure Kaski was in the works b4 Yzerman was even officially here. Maybe Steve just viewed him as a Holland-player and didn't really care. Still dumb though. 20 pts in 35 games for the checkers. Griffins didn't have a single Dman close to that pace.

13 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Say hello to the next Leino, Brunnstrom, Brunner etc.

well I mean if he can get a hatty in his first NHL game, carry the wings in the playoffs for a run and be a legit 1st line guy Ill call it a win. 

46 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

We also signed goaltender Victor Brattstrom today too to a 2 year entry level deal.  I don’t know a thing about him other than he’s 23...

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/212526/victor-brattstrom

Big boy as far  as height 4 inches taller than Jimmy and hopefully quicker with glove and avoids buffet tables. 

1 hour ago, 13dangledangle said:

We also signed goaltender Victor Brattstrom today too to a 2 year entry level deal.  I don’t know a thing about him other than he’s 23...

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/212526/victor-brattstrom

Another overage draft choice like Kadeykin...

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It's too make Swedish look fancier even tho its a foul sounding Germanic language like English.

tenor.gif

14 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Big boy as far  as height 4 inches taller than Jimmy and hopefully quicker with glove and avoids buffet tables. 

Jimmys 4 inches shorter and has 20 lbs on the kid lol Howie the big chungus

5 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

Looks like he likes to have a good time

https://youtu.be/BKIivM9wB-Q

The legend begins...

22 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

you mean this guy? a man of peak physical condition. 

Jfc. How does this not result in suspension of pay or other punishment? Hes supposed to be a pro athlete. 

Dude shows up completely out of shape and cant stop pucks because hes out of breath after spending 30 seconds in the crease and still gets payed milions. 

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

you mean this guy? a man of peak physical condition. 

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Jfc. How does this not result in suspension of pay or other punishment? Hes supposed to be a pro athlete. 

Dude shows up completely out of shape and cant stop pucks because hes out of breath after spending 30 seconds in the crease and still gets payed milions. 

Say it with me bigots... HEALTH. AT. EVERY. SIZE. Big Byflugien could play overweight, why can't Jimmy?

Just remembered Yzerman terminated Dotchin's contract in Tampa for showing up to camp fat a few years ago. How do we end fat-shaming culture in hockey?

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Not like this smokeshow. Bernier, number one in the net, and number one on our top ten lists, amirite?

image.png.3b3349733eb706f4f6f752be756de420.png

Just out of curiousity, which other players do you guys think are hot enough to be really good?

Edit: Bernier's tattoos look like every Ed Hardy tshirt smashed into one.  These are the worst sports tats I've seen in years.

Edited by kipwinger

20 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not like this smokeshow. Bernier, number one in the net, and number one on our top ten lists, amirite?

image.png.3b3349733eb706f4f6f752be756de420.png

Just out of curiousity, which other players do you guys think are hot enough to be really good?

Edit: Bernier's tattoos look like every Ed Hardy tshirt smashed into one.  These are the worst sports tats I've seen in years.

Helmer and Dmac have some pretty generic tats if I recall. Tyler Bertuzzi's ink is at least somewhat unique. He's got the NHLPA symbol and a maple leaf over the heart and it says "No Gods" or something edgy like that.

The one I never understood is Helm got "BERT" inside a heart on his arm. And he and Todd have some other matching tats. Lose a bet?... true love?

43 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Helmer and Dmac have some pretty generic tats if I recall. Tyler Bertuzzi's ink is at least somewhat unique. He's got the NHLPA symbol and a maple leaf over the heart and it says "No Gods" or something edgy like that.

The one I never understood is Helm got "BERT" inside a heart on his arm. And he and Todd have some other matching tats. Lose a bet?... true love?

There was a whole big bro/little bro dynamic between those two.  Helm dressed as Bert for the Red Wings annual Halloween party if I recall correctly.  So not surprised that Helm immortalized it on his body in ink.  Athletes, after all, are pretty dumb.