• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Elliotte Friedman: Swedish UFA Forward Mathias Brome to Sign with Wings

Rate this topic

On 4/30/2020 at 7:02 PM, Akakabuto said:

By getting rid of the fatties. By shaming them. 

I have now changed the font to Italics in my previous post to make sure that everybody understands that it was a sarcastic comment I made in response to a post I percieved as humerous by CRL. If there was some misunderstanding and some people got offended, my bad.

Full statement will come shortly in through official channels.

Edited by Akakabuto

7 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I have now changed the font to Italics in my previous post to make sure that everybody understands that it was a sarcastic comment I made in response to a post I percieved as humerous by CRL. If there was some misunderstanding and some people got offended, my bad.

Full statement will come shortly in through official channels.

No need. We don't worry about snowflakes here.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No need. We don't worry about snowflakes here.

It's odd, nobody thought I was a "snowflake" during my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.  What are your tough guy credentials again?

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

It's odd, nobody thought I was a "snowflake" during my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.  What are your tough guy credentials again?

Thank you for your service, but I don't remember calling you a snowflake in here either. Buto's post was addressed to "everybody in here". Mine was addressed to him specifically. No need to take it personally.

And to answer your question: How about marrying a woman 20+ years my junior, becoming the father of a 2 year old overnight by unselfishly and lovingly being a dad to another man's child. All while serving on the front lines during a deadly pandemic? Does that qualify as a tough guy? Not everyone has to play GI Joe to be a man.

54 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I can't speak for Neo, but mine's dick size for sure.

And potent too. Color me jealous.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

30 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Thank you for your service, but I don't remember calling you a snowflake in here either. Buto's post was addressed to "everybody in here". Mine was addressed to him specifically. No need to take it personally.

And to answer your question: How about marrying a woman 20+ years my junior, becoming the father of a 2 year old overnight by unselfishly and lovingly being a dad to another man's child. All while serving on the front lines during a deadly pandemic? Does that qualify as a tough guy? Not everyone has to play GI Joe to be a man.

And potent too. Color me jealous.

I'm the only one calling out his post, and defending the "fatties" here.  So it was definitely directed at me, despite how mealy mouthed you're being about it now. 

And no, none of that qualifies you as a tough guy.  It should, however, give you a little perspective.  First, because right wing internet douchebags (when they're not finger pointing "snowflakes") would trip over themselves to call you a "cuck" for your marital situation. Secondly, because being a health care professional should generally give you a more nuanced understanding of health, and obesity, and preclude you from back slapping idiots who wanna pick on "fatties". 

Finally, being a soldier doesn't make me any more of a man than you or anybody else.  But it definitely means I'm not some "snowflake" with delicate sensibilities just because I think bullying overweight people is a b*tch move.

Edited by kipwinger

17 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm the only one calling out his post, and defending the "fatties" here.

Technically you are only defending "fatties" in pro sports since thats what my post was directed at. That was my meaning anyway. Besides being facetious. I sincerely hope you can believe that. 

On 4/30/2020 at 6:15 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

How do we end fat-shaming culture in hockey?

On 4/30/2020 at 7:02 PM, Akakabuto said:

By getting rid of the fatties. By shaming them. 

Just now, Akakabuto said:

Technically you are only defending "fatties" in pro sports since thats what my post was directed at. That was my meaning anyway. Besides being facetious. I sincerely hope you can believe that. 

nope, you and the rest of us are bullying all fat people. Also my son is going to be a bully too. Also we're probably right wing douches, as it's mandatory to be one in order to believe people can be overly sensitive.

and kip totally isn't just being a self-righteous asshat. 

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

You weren't poking fun at their job.  You were poking fun at their weight.  What difference does their employer make?

Do what you want, it's a free country.  I just think clowning overweight people is a p*ssy move that most of you would never do it real life.

Just now, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

nope, you and the rest of us are bullying all fat people. Also my son is going to be a bully too. Also we're probably right wing douches, as it's mandatory to be one in order to believe people can be overly sensitive.

and kip totally isn't just being a self-righteous asshat. 

I'm fine with that.  At least I'm a self-righteous asshat who thinks clowning overweight people is generally a bad, not good, thing.

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You weren't poking fun at their job.  You were poking fun at their weight.  What difference does their employer make?

Do what you want, it's a free country.  I just think clowning overweight people is a p*ssy move that most of you would never do it real life.

I'm fine with that.  At least I'm a self-righteous asshat who thinks clowning overweight people is generally a bad, not good, thing.

To be clear, you don't think I'd pull up that image of Jimmy Howard and have a chuckle with my wife about his physique as a pro athlete? I have done that, recently, in real life. You're right to think I wouldn't walk up to a stranger and call them fat though.

Context matters. 

17 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

What ignited the whole conversation was my post on not being ok with Jimmy Howard being in such poor shape while being an extremely well payed pro athlete. I stand by that. 

3 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Context matters.

This.

Just now, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

To be clear, you don't think I'd pull up that image of Jimmy Howard and have a chuckle with my wife about his physique as a pro athlete? I have done that, recently, in real life. You're right to think I wouldn't walk up to a stranger and call them fat though.

Context matters. 

You're right.  Context does matter.  Some people think it's okay to do unethical things in private, just not in public, and that's somehow better.  It also has the added bonus of allowing them to hide the fact that they're being a sh*tty person.  The context totally matters in this case because as long as nobody SEES you being bad then you can pretend you aren't. 

Imagine if overweight people (for instance) could hide their imperfections.

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

What ignited the whole conversation was my post on not being ok with Jimmy Howard being in such poor shape while being an extremely well payed pro athlete. I stand by that. 

This.

I know.  And then that conversation evolved into people talking about "reviling" fat people and other such things.  But YOU started it by emphasized the weight thing, and not the poor hockey thing, when you said something about "shaming fatties".  If you'd just said "Jimmy Howard sucks and I think it's because he's not in good shape" we wouldn't be having this conversation.  Now you're backtracking to make it seem like this was all about his play and not about you getting in a funny zinger about "fatties". 

Again, say whatever you want.  It's a free country.  But every time you say something like that I'll call you on it. 

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

If you'd just said "Jimmy Howard sucks and I think it's because he's not in good shape"

I kinda did that:

On 4/30/2020 at 4:40 PM, Akakabuto said:

Dude shows up completely out of shape and cant stop pucks because hes out of breath after spending 30 seconds in the crease and still gets payed milions. 

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Again, say whatever you want.  It's a free country.  But every time you say something like that I'll call you on it.

Fine. Lets move on. I feel I have explained myself.

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I kinda did that:

And you kinda also said "get rid of the fatties" by "shaming then".  So you were kinda, sorta, being a d*ck too.  And that's the part I'm responding to.  Again, if you wanted to have a frank discussion about whether Jimmy's fitness is impacting his play you'd have kinda left that other part out wouldn't you?

Why not just own the fact that you're the type of dude who thinking clowning overweight people on the internet anonymously is pretty funny?  At least you wouldn't be speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

Edited by kipwinger

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

You're right.  Context does matter.  Some people think it's okay to do unethical things in private, just not in public, and that's somehow better.  It also has the added bonus of allowing them to hide the fact that they're being a sh*tty person.  The context totally matters in this case because as long as nobody SEES you being bad then you can pretend you aren't. 

Imagine if overweight people (for instance) could hide their imperfections.

Trust me when I say I'm not the least bit ashamed of my opinion here, no matter how morally superior you try and convince me you are. Jimmy is a hilariously rotund athlete, and considering his job is highly dependent on his conditioning, I'm okay with bringing it up. 

8 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Trust me when I say I'm not the least bit ashamed of my opinion here, no matter how morally superior you try and convince me you are. Jimmy is a hilariously rotund athlete, and considering his job is highly dependent on his conditioning, I'm okay with bringing it up. 

First of all, it's laughable to think that you're accusing me of "shaming" anyone when this entire conversation is built on the premise that I don't like when dingbats like you shame overweight people. And THAT fact does, at least in this one respect, make me morally superior to you. 

Secondly, you've made it clear that behind closed doors, protected by the anonymity of the your home and/or avatar, you're unapologetically unethical.  I haven't missed that point.  I am, however, going to continue to point out that you're a sh*tbag for it.  Because in addition to the fact that you think "being overweight is funny...durrr" you also are a weasel for hiding it.  So continue to pat yourself on the back buddy.  You truly are exemplary. 

Edited by kipwinger

Just now, kipwinger said:

First of all, it's laughable to think that you're accusing me of "shaming" anyone when this entire conversation is built on the premise that I don't like when dingbats like you shame overweight people.

Secondly, you've made it clear that behind closed doors, protected by the anonymity of the your home and/or avatar, you're unapologetically unethical.  I haven't missed that point.  I am, however, going to continue to point out that you're a sh*tbag for it.  Because in addition to the fact that you think "being overweight is funny...durrr" you also are a weasel for hiding it.  So continue to pat yourself on the back buddy.  You truly are exemplary. 

Thank you

I used to find your internet warrior attitude sort of endearing, now I'm finding that somewhat muted by your insane ego. You're so pompous It's remarkable. 

1 minute ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Thank you

I used to find your internet warrior attitude sort of endearing, now I'm finding that somewhat muted by your insane ego. You're so pompous It's remarkable. 

Ask him if he has any oystersteel.

1 minute ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Thank you

Yes indeed, what an ego maniac I am for not thinking it's funny to make a joke of overweight people.  And you're right, it's just me being an "internet warrior".  In real like I totally make fun of overweight people behind their backs and then triple down on doing so via the anonymity of the internet.  Yep, that's definitely me. 

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Yes indeed, what an ego maniac I am for not thinking it's funny to make a joke of overweight people.  And you're right, it's just me being an "internet warrior".  In real like I totally make fun of overweight people behind their backs and then triple down on doing so via the anonymity of the internet.  Yep, that's definitely me. 

hey relax bud, you won. You figured me all out and understand me more deeply than even I do.

Jimmy's feelings are safe now. You need to now focus your efforts on all those teams that cut players for being overweight, how dare they be so morally bankrupt. 

edit i liked bankrupt better

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

14 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

hey relax bud, you won. You figured me all out and understand me more deeply than even I do.

Jimmy's feelings are safe now. You need to now focus your efforts on all those teams that cut players for being overweight, how dare they be so morally bankrupt. 

edit i liked bankrupt better

Ohhhh s***, I didn't realize that Jimmy Howard was cut by the Red Wings because he's overweight.  That changes everything.  Clearly Jimmy got heavy, lost his job, and you're just commenting on that turn of events.  See, all this time I thought Jimmy Howard had ALWAYS been a heavier guy by NHL standards and yet he's had a nice long 13 year career (including being named to the all-rookie team and a two time all-star).  Thus proving your tepid, post hoc, "he's heavy therefore he's no good" theory even more invalid than every other thing you've said. 

About how many posts of you looking stupid and/or wrong is it going to take before you wake up to the fact that indefensible positions (like making fun of overweight people) are indefensible? 

See, the problem for guys like you is that in addition to being weak, unethical, cowards, you're also stupid.  And guys like me aren't. 

Edited by kipwinger

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Why not just own the fact that you're the type of dude who thinking clowning overweight people on the internet anonymously is pretty funny?

That was YOUR interpretation of my post. And after I explained it youre still dogging me which makes it pretty clear that you dont really care about the post I made but are more interested in making yourself seem the better person.   
Im sure you have never made an improper joke anywhere at anytime (online or IRL).

Whats stopping you from just saying; ” OK, I didnt appreciate the joke but I get what youre saying even I dont agree with it”.

Instead you call other members here s***ty persons and telling me what ”kind of dude I am”. That makes YOU out like an *******. 

This is my last post on the subject.