• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Elliotte Friedman: Swedish UFA Forward Mathias Brome to Sign with Wings

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No. But that's not at all a similar example.

If someone ASKED you: What're your views on the 2nd amendment? And you responded "I'm a member of the NRA" or "I'm a member of CSGV" your POV can be reasonably inferred. That's an equivalent question.

No it's not. The question was about secular laws, not religious ones. You can't assume someone's views on government actions based on their religious identification. Secular beliefs and religious beliefs are 2 different things. You can't conclude one by knowing the other. Even if Datsyuk's religious views are consistent with the church's, it doesn't mean he agreed with what the Russian government was doing. His response was deflecting.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sir this is the Brome thread. Either start shaming fat people or start defending homophobics, either way cats are off topic.

He's not wrong.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No it's not. The question was about secular laws, not religious ones. You can't assume someone's views on government actions based on their religious identification. Secular beliefs and religious beliefs are 2 different things. You can't conclude one by knowing the other. Even if Datsyuk's religious views are consistent with the church's, it doesn't mean he agreed with what the Russian government was doing. His response was deflecting.

Then why invoke his religion? And no, it's not just about secular law. To a secular person it is. To a religious person it's not.

Again, why are you so determined to make Datsyuk out to be some 2020 white washed liberal PC boy? He's an orthodox Russian from east of the Urals. Does it ever occur to you that devout Christians speak truth about their faith and that they don't care that it doesn't line up with ur soy boy 2020 worldview? Yes I just called you a soy boy.

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sir this is the Brome thread. Either start shaming fat people or start defending homophobics, either way cats are off topic.

So  if you are a fat Russian Orthodox are you by default a homophobe? Or just a Dorito eating machine that is hiding your *** in the refrig?

If the tweet produced earlier in the thread is an accurate representation of the event, and Datsyuk was asked to comment on an anti-*** law, and he responded with, “I’m Orthodox, that says it all”, he is inferring that his position is represented by that institution.  Theology can be imprecise, but the Russian Orthodox Church has been full throated in their stance on homosexuality.   It is still a weak kneed response though, in both content and delivery.