• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

Larkin vs Zetterberg

Rate this topic

AA was already demoted to Edmonton's 3rd line before the break. He had one goal in 10 games with all the firepower around him that a guy could ever want. But again, he's abysmal in every other aspect of the game so coaches don't trust him out there in top six roles against better competition. Especially defensive minded coaches like Tippett. AA scored 30 in Detroit because we suck and so he was gifted a bunch of minutes we wouldn't get on a deeper team. He may or may not hit 30 again but that's kinda irrelevant. A sub 50% possession player with no heart isn't going to be a difference maker even if he scores 40 goals because he'll always be giving up more than that.

In short, he blows.

AA was already demoted to Edmonton's 3rd line before the break. He had one goal in 10 games with all the firepower around him that a guy could ever want. But again, he's abysmal in every other aspect of the game so coaches don't trust him out there in top six roles against better competition. Especially defensive minded coaches like Tippett. AA scored 30 in Detroit because we suck and so he was gifted a bunch of minutes we wouldn't get on a deeper team. He may or may not hit 30 again but that's kinda irrelevant. A sub 50% possession player with no heart isn't going to be a difference maker even if he scores 40 goals because he'll always be giving up more than that.

In short, he blows.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Okay, but why not?

I'm sure he'll see time on the 3rd line with Sheahan and whoever, but he'll also 100% see time with McDavid and / Draisaitl. He started on a line with McDavid and Ennis, and finished on a line with Draisaitl and Yamamoto. 

EDIT: he's currently practicing on that same line with Draisaitl and Yamamoto.

For exactly the same reason he got booted from the top 6 in Detroit. Everybody hated on Blashill for demoting him. But in reality, Blashill did what almost every other NHL coach would do with the same player.

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

For exactly the same reason he got booted from the top 6 in Detroit. Everybody hated on Blashill for demoting him. But in reality, Blashill did what almost every other NHL coach would do with the same player.

Blashill demoted Athanasiou to the bottom six for shifts, periods, games from time to time, but he still spent a large majority of his time in the top six. He's a middle six winger, that can play up and down the lineup. But again, he has played with McDavid and Draisaitl, and he will continue to get looks with McDavid and Draisaitl. And if you could score 30 on their wing, I'm pretty confident Athanasiou can as well...

On 7/17/2020 at 4:13 PM, kipwinger said:

In short, he blows.

What firepower do they have on the 3rd line?  

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

What firepower do they have on the 3rd line?  

He didn't start on the 3rd line. Ended there because, as I mentioned, he wasn't good when surrounded by better players. But for what it's worth, Ryan Nugent Hopkins is their 3rd line center, so even that line isn't lacking of talent.

39 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryan said:

I live in the Little Caesars building in Detroit. My name is Dylan Larkin. I'm 24 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my stickhandling is a but shakey, I'll put on a cock ring while doing my puck juggling. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the cock ring, I use a based right winger scorer. In the shower, I use a large pink butt plug. Then a honey almond lube. And on the face, Babs special cream. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you play unoptimally. Then moisturizer, then an anti-choke stick balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Dylan Larkin, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me. Only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our life styles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

Detroitian Wimpcho?