• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Recent Spam Attacks

Rate this topic

Hello everyone!

First off, sorry about all the recent spam attacks.  It sucks, but unfortunately there's not really much the mod or admin staff can do to prevent them from happening in the first place.

Since we can't do anything preventative, we have to focus on being reactive when the attacks come in.  When an LGW user uses the Report function, it sends an email to each member of the staff to alert us.  Granted, there aren't as many active mods now as there have been in the past, so it may take some time for us to get to it.  LGW's mod tools make cleaning up a spam attack very easy, so once we're aware of the spammer, we can clear it out quickly and easily.

I can't promise that I will be more active on LGW like I was in years past.  Family and work concerns understandably take up a significant chunk of my time.  But I will promise to at least be more reactive to reports from members, and address any future spam attacks in a more timely manner.

Thanks for your patience, and thanks to the members that have posted reports about the spammers.

spam.gif

Thanks @Jedi

I'd love to keep this place afloat for both sentimental reasons and also because I think this forum is solid for people who want to talk hockey rather than which kind of Dorito makes you poop more, etc. 

Maybe the discorders can get all that s***-talk out of their systems and come back and join us in a couple of years when the Wings are competitive again. 

Long live LGWs!!!!! 

It will be funny to see who jumps back on the LGW bandwagon once we get back to the playoffs...heck they might even start coming back if we are lucky enough to draft Lafrienere.

Honestly, the few of us that are here still should get some badges or something for keeping this place afloat! :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger

22 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Thanks @Jedi

I'd love to keep this place afloat for both sentimental reasons and also because I think this forum is solid for people who want to talk hockey rather than which kind of Dorito makes you poop more, etc. 

Maybe the discorders can get all that s***-talk out of their systems and come back and join us in a couple of years when the Wings are competitive again. 

Long live LGWs!!!!! 

The people at this place are fantastic, but the mobile experience is atrocious.  Half the time one is about to type or hit a button, strategically placed pop ups get in the way and irritate the user.  Then the site goes down for days at a time.  I get it.  Matt makes money from this page, but has other priorities now.  I really do get it.  What I dont understand is why he wont let some of the long time users help him keep the site 1) up and running, and 2) user friendly.  Those of us over at the discord havent left this place.  We just want to see it taken care of.

Edited by Scott R Lucidi

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

The people at this place are fantastic, but the mobile experience is atrocious.  Half the time one is about to type or hit a button, strategically placed pop ups get in the way and irritate the user.  Then the site goes down for days at a time.  I get it.  Matt makes money from this page, but has other priorities now.  I really do get it.  What I dont understand is why he wont let some of the long time users help him keep the site 1) up and running, and 2) user friendly.  Those of us over at the discord havent left this place.  We just want to see it taken care of.

Uh. Am I missing something? Discord is a generic chat that exists for gamers. At least this place, even with it's issues, has a Wings platform, some history, and a bit of character. 

In short, screw your discord!  You can take this message back to your leaders. 

6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Uh. Am I missing something? Discord is a generic chat that exists for gamers. At least this place, even with it's issues, has a Wings platform, some history, and a bit of character. 

I MADE this place's history.  So yes, you are missing something.

7 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I actually enjoy Discord...You can speak your mind, and have funny/interesting banter.

On 6/14/2020 at 11:05 AM, Scott R Lucidi said:

Get an Adblocker. Makes this place infinitely more palatable.

Have you analyzed the IP chain? Might be a range that needs blocked, and just leave a twitter or discord support when someone needs access but fall in that IP range (usually euro/asian fans, or deployed fans). Did that for my gaming site. Was as busy as this place back in 2006-2016. Its died out as all the 20-year-olds got off xbox, but we used to get hit hard with spam on the old Invision software.

15 minutes ago, Rivalred said:

How about the spam attacks and garbage posts from some members? Seems like pretty much anything goes these days. 

I have no idea what you're talking about. 

We don't have that on this board.  

It's easy to go off topic when there's only a handful of people actually posting content.

You can only post the same ideas, thoughts, and opinions so many times before things go stale and you start looking for other things to discuss.

If more people participated in the conversation, it would bring entirely different points of view on existing topics of discussion, as well as creating entirely new thoughts of discussion that no one else has thought of bringing up. That would keep the content fresh and relevant to entire point of this website.

tl;dr: If you don't participate in the conversation, you can't complain about what's discussed.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

I am more or less a long time lurker, but forums like theses are becoming a thing of the past. I lurk on the discord as well.

With Reddit, Discord and social media in general, it's hard for old forums like this site to grab new fans. Discord is my go-to personally for a bunch of stuff, hockey or whatever. 

Edited by xault

17 hours ago, xault said:

I am more or less a long time lurker, but forums like theses are becoming a thing of the past. I lurk on the discord as well.

With Reddit, Discord and social media in general, it's hard for old forums like this site to grab new fans. Discord is my go-to personally for a bunch of stuff, hockey or whatever. 

You're like one of those people who abandoned us myspacers for facebook.

Appreciate when you post tho.

On 6/18/2020 at 9:32 PM, Rivalred said:

Maybe there is only a handful of people anymore on the site due to lack content related to hockey

Your hockey related participation would be nice.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

18 hours ago, xault said:

It's empty space where you type your thoughts or lack of. Does Discord have an app that strokes your junk or something I don't know about? 

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You're like one of those people who abandoned us myspacers for facebook.

Appreciate when you post tho.

Your hockey related participation would be nice.

I don’t think you could handle it, rookie.