• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
blueadams

Pre-Draft "State of the Rebuild" Assessment

Rate this topic

Focusing a lot more on current prospects than potential prospects here..  so I thought it'd be okay outside of the 51pg draft thread..  apologies if that's not the case (and feel free to move it there!).  I value Steve's opinion so infinitely more than my own when it comes to draft prospects..  it just seems silly to speculate about this or that potential draftee.  We can sort of take a look at what he's holding..  and at what he might be looking to add over the next 2-3 yrs though.  Would really love to hear your guys' thoughts on the state of the program, plans, ideas, etc.!!

What do we have / What do we need?

FORWARDS.  
-Larkin.  23.  Legit top-6 center on a contender (OaC).
-Mantha.  25.  Will be resigned.  Legit top-6 wing OaC.
-Zadina.  20.  Certainly looking to have top-6 OaC wing potential at this point.
-Bertuzzi.  25.  Will be resigned.  Legit middle-6 wing OaC.
-Fabbri.  24.  Will be resigned.  To me, seems to be finding what made him a 1st rd. pick in the first place ~ a legit middle-6 wing OaC.
-Veleno.  20.  Certainly sounds to be projecting as a middle-6 center OaC.
-Rasmussen.  21.  Sounds to be projecting as a bottom-6 center/special teams star OaC.
-Mastrosimone.  19.  I really like him.  2nd rd. pick last yr..  middle-6 or bottom-6 winger OaC I think is conservative.
-Berggren(19), Soderblom(18), Phillips(19), Grewe(19).  Hard to imagine 1 or 2 of those guys *not becoming a solid bottom-6 winger in the league.

*Needs* --  
1) A Top-Six Center.  Could be Rossi or whoever Steve likes at #4.
2) A really, really good wing..  preferably on the left side.  There's not really a star scorer on this team.  Maybe Steve likes a guy at 4?  Maybe it's a future 1st.  A big FA signing when the time's right?  A hidden gem?  Who knows.
3) A good RW for the 3rd line.  Could probably find one of these with one of our 3 2nd rd. picks this yr.

???---Larkin---Mantha
Bertuzzi---*Rossi---Zadina
Fabbri---Veleno---2nd
Mastrosimone---Rasmussen---Grewe/Phillips/Berggren/Soderblom/Smith/Svech/etc.

DEFENSE:
-Seider.  19.  Got your top pair on the right-side.
-Hronek.  22.  Got your second pair on the right side.
-Tuomisto.  19.  I'm an admitted big fan..  but 3rd pair RD OaC seems very plausible to me.
-Johansson.  19.  Sure as hell sounds like a 2nd or 3rd pair LD OaC to me.
-McIsaac.  20.  Probably projecting as a good defensive 3rd pair LD OaC.
-Maybe Cholo figures it out.  Berglund and Cooper Moore I like.  Lindstrom.  Some guys who could be OaC roster somewhere, potentially.  

*Needs* --
1) Top-pair LD.  '21 Draft seems like a nice place to find one.  But in SteveY I trust.
2) Another 2nd or 3rd pair LD to compete with Johansson and McIsaac.  Could be one of those for us in the 2nd this yr.

(*1st in '21)---Seider
Johansson---Hronek
2nd/McIsaac/Cholo/Moore---Tuomisto/Berglund/Lindstrom

GOALIE:
-Petruzzelli(21)'s the guy I'd mention in the system if I had to pick one--but you're not really expecting him to ever be a star, or even starter.  If Steve likes the Russian sensation..  it doesn't seem like it'd be impossible to attach a current or future 2nd or 3rd to #32 to move up into the teens to get him.  Maybe there's someone else Steve likes?  Either way..  it'd be very nice and possible to walk out of this draft with a legit goalie of the future prospect.

Edited by blueadams

35 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

this is all nice, but is anybody else gonna say how awesome it is to have a Blueadams line thread again!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Blueadams post the other day.  I used to love the line threads/discussions, I was always yelled at for my combos.  Good times, welcome back Blue.

18 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Your 2023 Red Wings:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Veleno - Perfetti - Zadina

Reichel - Brad Lambert - Bergrren

Soderblom - Rasmussen - Mastrosimone

Werenski - Hronek

Owen Power- Seider

Johansson- Tuomisto

Blomqvist

Me

no Fabbri :-(

29 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Why would blueadams need a new account?  Who would ban him?

Good question. @vladdy16 was quite a f***** though. Banned me. 

This blueadams only has 5 posts though. Probably your sock or @kipwinger or @ChristopherReevesLegswhichever one of you runs the others. :lol:

7 hours ago, TheXym said:

Is this the same blueadams or old on a new account or a tribute?

Same man, plus a few yrs.

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Why would blueadams need a new account?  Who would ban him?

Maan.  There were some bandwagon trolls on here through the mid-2010’s.  Me suggesting that Ken Holland might not have any (blank)ing idea what he was doing without Bowman, I recall, was the source of a lot of their anger towards me.  But you know how it goes..  they try to get a rise out of young-you, they do, and then they go tell on you to their moderator friend.  

Never stopped watching or going to games (while I still lived in the US).  But I dedicated about 90% of my sports time back to the legends starting the day Yzerman became reality.  I’d tried re-creating my handle a few times before then..  but destiny has a way.

Edited by blueadams

10 minutes ago, blueadams said:

Maan.  There were some bandwagon trolls on here through the mid-2010’s.  Me suggesting that Ken Holland might not have any (blank)ing idea what he was doing without Bowman, I recall, was the source of a lot of their anger towards me.  But you know how it goes..  they try to get a rise out of young-you, they do, and then they go tell on you to their moderator friend.  

Never stopped watching or going to games (while I still lived in the US).  But I dedicated about 90% of my sports time back to the legends starting the day Yzerman became reality.  I’d tried re-creating my handle a few times before then..  but destiny has a way.

Buuuuut the new you posts wayyyyyy less. You should be on your 50th line thread by now, not your 7th post

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Buuuuut the new you posts wayyyyyy less. You should be on your 50th line thread by now, not your 7th post

Hahah, few things.  1 being ‘less is more.’

2.  Happy Gilmore’s mother and I haven’t been within 1,500 miles of a hockey rink in quite some time, and some of these countries make streaming very difficult.

3.  I felt tremendous, literal pain watching the last yrs of Datsyuk’s prime being wasted alongside an over-the-hill Bertuzzi.  The better question is why wasn’t everyone else making weekly line posts!?  I think the last lines I can remember old me posting featured Zach Parise and Ryan Suter lol..  the last gasp of Pavel-era hope.

EA1DD052-CB7F-4EFC-A5DD-11B72644D363.jpeg

Edited by blueadams

8 hours ago, blueadams said:

The good news is that we don't ban people anymore.  At this point, we'll take anyone who actually wants to talk about this awful team.  

15 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

The good news is that we don't ban people anymore.  At this point, we'll take anyone who actually wants to talk about this awful team.  

Seems like a good percentage of the true fans who stuck it out enjoyed my membership here before I was banned, chief.

It’s awesome to see you back on the forums blue!   Hopefully more of the old guard will come back.  I’ve been in lurk mode for a while due to offline stuff being pretty chaotic for a couple of years.

Even if it’s a sock, the blueadams line threads were always a blast.

Edited by TheXym

7 hours ago, TheXym said:

It’s awesome to see you back on the forums blue!   Hopefully more of the old guard will come back.  I’ve been in lurk mode for a while due to offline stuff being pretty chaotic for a couple of years.

Even if it’s a sock, the blueadams line threads were always a blast.

Dude.  4 real fans are better than 400 whatevers.  or 800 moderators.  I’m only 33, but many of us were here.  The Junior Red Wings, Jesse Wallin, Cobo, The Vipers, The People Mover, the ‘94 World Cup.  The Red Wings will once again reign supreme.