• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Using our cap space to get assets

Rate this topic

Tried out some stuff on capfriendly and targetted teams up against the cap , some of these are probably unrealistic but here we go anyways  ...

Bowey and perlini to flames for 2021 3rd 

Hirose and hicketts to vancouver for eriksson + 2021 1st and 2022 2nd 

Timashov and turgeon to islanders for ladd + bolduc + 2021 1st and 2022 1st

Nemeth 1.5 retained,ehn,biega, 2021 flames 3rd for johnson+foote+alnefelt+coburn

Helm to dallas for 2022 3rd

filppula 1.5 retained to penguins for bjugstad and 2022 2nd

1st move .... flames have 5 ufa dmen so will be looking for help & rinaldo and rieder are ufa’s upfront

Canucks have 18 mill cap space but have 10-11 players to sign including markstrom if they decide to go that route and toffoli 

islanders have 10 mill cap space and barzal will likely eat that up and they have other players to sign as well , consideing ladd has 3 years left at 5,5 id be demanding for two 1sts

Tb ones a bit tricky , theyll be unloading someone to sign sergachev and i targeted johnson as our c position sucks atm , hes a decent 40 pt man but considering hes got 4 more yrs and the costs of previous moved id be demanding foote to be included as well as alnefelt consideing they have vasilevsky locked up longterm , for these moves we also help tampa by trading for much older coburn and sending the younger nemeth at half retained 

Helm being dealt is to help with the roster crunch, dallas has cap room and nill knows helm and makes the move

bjugstad has been underwhelming and with this move pens gain 2.5 cap space they can use for future moves

Sign galchenyuk 3.25 x1 and lehner 5 x 4

now with all that for 2020-2021 season

Bertuzzi larkin mantha

fabbri johnson zadina 

Svechnikov bjugstad galchenyuk

Brome nielsen glendening 

erne

dekeyser hronek

cholowski seider

foote lindstrom

coburn ( can always just rotate foote and cholowski with eachother if one struggles)

lehner

Bernier

leaves us with 480 000 , can always have a bit more if we play the long game and sign greiss cheap instead of lehner  ... eriksson,abdelkader and ladd buried in minors 

gives us coburn,galchenyuk,bjugstad,glendening,bernier As trade bait for trade deadline and with those moves we’d have 7 picks in the top 3 rounds for 2021 and 2022 drafts , and after next season we’d have the space to insert rasmussen,veleno,smith and possibly pearson into the bottom 6 

anyways point of this thread was to maximize the ton of cap space we currently have to our advantage since we all know we wont win the #1 pick with bettman around, hopefully yzerman pulls off some magic in the off season

Yzerman should absolutely be taking on a bad contract or two, but it's not going to be any more than one, or two tops, and I think you're expectations are too high on a lot of those returns.

I'd be good with any of Eriksson (VAN), Steen (STL), or Ladd (NYI) along with a 1st, for any of Ehn, Erne, Perlini, Biega, late round pick, etc. It might cost a bit more to take Ladd, but you're not going to get two 1st's and a prospect.

I also don't think Tampa will be giving up any prospects, let alone a top prospect like Foote, to get rid of Johnson. Johnson may be slightly over paid, but he's still a valuable player, and should garner some interest, without having to attach a valuable asset, even with the Nemeth for Coburn swap.

Lehner..hell yes. I'd give him a three year term. Greiss would be a solid pickup to split time with Bernier. Start with one year, then if things are working out well, extend him and Bernier for another year or two. Need to spend some higher picks this draft on goalies too, the usual later round picks aren't doing it. Gotta take a risk in the second on one i think. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Yzerman should absolutely be taking on a bad contract or two, but it's not going to be any more than one, or two tops, and I think you're expectations are too high on a lot of those returns.

I'd be good with any of Eriksson (VAN), Steen (STL), or Ladd (NYI) along with a 1st, for any of Ehn, Erne, Perlini, Biega, late round pick, etc. It might cost a bit more to take Ladd, but you're not going to get two 1st's and a prospect.

I also don't think Tampa will be giving up any prospects, let alone a top prospect like Foote, to get rid of Johnson. Johnson may be slightly over paid, but he's still a valuable player, and should garner some interest, without having to attach a valuable asset, even with the Nemeth for Coburn swap.

Oh im well aware we’d be lucky to have 1 move or even 2 for that matter after last off season , was just having a little fun. Id make as many moves as possible but its never that easy in real life 

Well after seeing backes with just one year left fetch a 1st and a prospect who was a 2nd rounder id want at least the same for eriksson whos got 2 yrs  etc... but yes im aware some like the tb might be unrealistic as i mentioned above , but i do think with teams being cash strapped they might have to give up something for someone to take a palat/johnson etc... contenders are cash strapped atm and tampa doesnt want to take money back. With us being a rebuilding team and not going anywhere with johnson anyways why would we give up assets at this stage?

But anyways i get your point , even though in the same division mtl has a s*** ton of picks and can easily give up a 2nd and 3rd for johnson (although they have a ton of guys to sign in a year)

You said it might cost a bit more to take ladd but we wont get 2 firsts and a prospect .... so is it gonna cost more or less? Reason i asked for that is cause he still has 3 years left on his deal at 5.5 . Thats alot of money for us to take on for just a 1st , if islanders want us or anyone else to take on 16.5 million itll cost a ton. Its not my money so i got no problem trading for him and burying him in the minors with abdelkader

35 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Lehner..hell yes. I'd give him a three year term. Greiss would be a solid pickup to split time with Bernier. Start with one year, then if things are working out well, extend him and Bernier for another year or two. Need to spend some higher picks this draft on goalies too, the usual later round picks aren't doing it. Gotta take a risk in the second on one i think. 

Lehner first choice , greiss if we want to go shorter term ... as for drafting a goalie it all depends whos there in the 2nd , i think we can get a decent goalie at 63/65  .... and if we can get like alnefelt off tampa or some young goalie prospect off another team in some deal involving taking back salary even better

I do think we have some potential in larsson,petruzelli etc..  but who knows whatll happen there

27 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Oh im well aware we’d be lucky to have 1 move or even 2 for that matter after last off season , was just having a little fun. Id make as many moves as possible but its never that easy in real life 

Well after seeing backes with just one year left fetch a 1st and a prospect who was a 2nd rounder id want at least the same for eriksson whos got 2 yrs  etc... but yes im aware some like the tb might be unrealistic as i mentioned above , but i do think with teams being cash strapped they might have to give up something for someone to take a palat/johnson etc... contenders are cash strapped atm and tampa doesnt want to take money back. With us being a rebuilding team and not going anywhere with johnson anyways why would we give up assets at this stage?

But anyways i get your point , even though in the same division mtl has a s*** ton of picks and can easily give up a 2nd and 3rd for johnson (although they have a ton of guys to sign in a year)

You said it might cost a bit more to take ladd but we wont get 2 firsts and a prospect .... so is it gonna cost more or less? Reason i asked for that is cause he still has 3 years left on his deal at 5.5 . Thats alot of money for us to take on for just a 1st , if islanders want us or anyone else to take on 16.5 million itll cost a ton. Its not my money so i got no problem trading for him and burying him in the minors with abdelkader

Lehner first choice , greiss if we want to go shorter term ... as for drafting a goalie it all depends whos there in the 2nd , i think we can get a decent goalie at 63/65  .... and if we can get like alnefelt off tampa or some young goalie prospect off another team in some deal involving taking back salary even better

I do think we have some potential in larsson,petruzelli etc..  but who knows whatll happen there

Larsson was looking good until last year. Started in GR with horrible numbers, finished in Toledo pretty solid. Petruzzelli really picked it up last year in the NCAA. Brattstrom was just signed not long ago, his numbers in Sweden are top notch. 

Either way, we need a solid UFA goalie and need to take more chances with higher picks imo.

Edited by chaps80

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

What I meant was, it would cost more to take on the three years of Ladd, than it would the two years of Eriksson, or the one year of Steen. I still don't think the Islanders would be willing to give up two consecutive 1st round picks and a prospect, to get rid of the contract though. If they were a contender, maybe, but the Islanders aren't a player away from winning the Cup, and they're also not as tight against the cap as teams like the Canucks and Blues.

Vancouver are up against the cap with a few players like Virtanen, Gaudette, Leivo and Tanev to re-sign this offseason. Their big offseason is next year though, with both Pettersson and Hughes expecting huge raises. They're definitely going to need to move a player like Eriksson.

St. Louis are in a similar cap situation, but only have one big name to re-sign. But if they want to keep Pietrangelo (I expect them to), they're definitely going to need to move a player like Steen.

Those are the two teams / players that I'd target this offseason, and if it were me, I'd be asking for either 2020 or 2022 1st round picks. Both are expected to be much deeper drafts than 2021. 2022 is also the Shane Wright draft, so no lottery protection...

10 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Larsson was looking good until last year. Started in GR with horrible numbers, finished in Toledo pretty solid. Petruzzelli really picked it up last year in the NCAA. Brattstrom was just signed not long ago, his numbers in Sweden are top notch. 

Either way, we need a solid UFA goalie and need to take more chances with higher picks imo.

Ya its still early for larsson and petruzzelli among a few other goalies we have but im hopeful one works out , as for ufa goalie not too many options id be ok with a greiss to share duties with bernier for now and as for the draft it wouldnt shock me at all if we end up trading back and taking askarov 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

What I meant was, it would cost more to take on the three years of Ladd, than it would the two years of Eriksson, or the one year of Steen. I still don't think the Islanders would be willing to give up two consecutive 1st round picks and a prospect, to get rid of the contract though. If they were a contender, maybe, but the Islanders aren't a player away from winning the Cup, and they're also not as tight against the cap as teams like the Canucks and Blues.

Vancouver are up against the cap with a few players like Virtanen, Gaudette, Leivo and Tanev to re-sign this offseason. Their big offseason is next year though, with both Pettersson and Hughes expecting huge raises. They're definitely going to need to move a player like Eriksson.

St. Louis are in a similar cap situation, but only have one big name to re-sign. But if they want to keep Pietrangelo (I expect them to), they're definitely going to need to move a player like Steen.

Those are the two teams / players that I'd target this offseason, and if it were me, I'd be asking for either 2020 or 2022 1st round picks. Both are expected to be much deeper drafts than 2021. 2022 is also the Shane Wright draft, so no lottery protection...

Oh for sure thats why id demand 2 firsts to start with considering its 16.5 mill , maybe the islanders wouldnt give that up but goodluck finding a team who’ll take that contract for just a first . And considering they have 10 mill cap space and barzal alone will likely fetch most of that id say theyll be paying big to get rid of $ . I heard boychucks name being tossed around but last i checked hes like 35 and slowing down so i cant see too many teams jumping at him but i guess if they tossed us a 1st for boychuck id do it

You forgot toffolli, theres rumors now they want to trade boeser which makes zero sense to me .... i think we should pick a forward this draft but if were dead set on drysdale id try and maybe see if a hronek for boeser deal can work ? See if benning bites 

i suspect the first player theyll trade is jake allen , no problem taking him on if they shoot us a 2nd + .... steen has a ntc so might be more difficult to convince him to come here but id have no problem taking both on for 1st + and then eating half of steen’s salary and flipping him for more picks .... that actually might be the best move for us since they both have 1 year and can maybe end up with a 1st and 2nd from stl? Then flip steen for a 3rd?

Sadly after watching what happened to san jose i doubt we’ll get a unprotected 1st from anyone and unless its a real contender like tb i doubt wed get a 2022 1st atm and im not sure how 2020 draft will work , think canucks dont have a 1st and i think the draft is a few days after the season ends so maybe its all too rushed ? Sadly i dont think were in a position of power atm to demand the years

Im still pissed off we lost out on the marleau deal , should have been a no brainer ... i know their in our division but if we offered a 3rd back or some better return we could possibly have gotten like the 20th pick and moved up for askarov ... oh well

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

For basically nothing.

Awesome.

Keep em coming Yzerguy!!! 

Would have liked more than just a 2nd for 5.7 cap space and picks for this years draft but better than nothing and its about time he starts using the cap space

Need to find some other garbage players to take on , anyone have a list of the teams looking to hit the floor cap this year? 

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Would have liked more than just a 2nd for 5.7 cap space and picks for this years draft but better than nothing and its about time he starts using the cap space

Need to find some other garbage players to take on , anyone have a list of the teams looking to hit the floor cap this year? 

If it was 5.7 x multiple remaining years, then maybe. 

People act like GMs throw 1st rounders away like candy. The Carolina Marleau type trades actually don't happen often. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

20 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If it was 5.7 x multiple remaining years, then maybe. 

People act like GMs throw 1st rounders away like candy. The Carolina Marleau type trades actually don't happen often. 

Yes  5.7 cap hit is chump change ... i predict we’ll be seeing some 1sts , might not be this yr but we’ll see some moved for teams desperate to get rid of salary when push comes to shove

Staal for a 2nd in 2021 + ? at this years deadline, good signing. There is no reason to cry for Staal, he he will have every opportunity to make a case for himself to be traded to a good team at the deadline.

Stevie is on here listening so keep the ideas coming .....LOL

https://www.nhl.com/news/red-wings-acquire-marc-staal-from-rangers/c-319200544

in the link he said...

"For the Red Wings, we are in a position, we do have cap space that we can use it. I hope to use it wisely, but one way we would like to try and use it is to acquire future assets should any teams be in a position where they really have to move contracts and don't have any other options. Nobody wants to give up picks or prospects, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to make your team better, and we're trying to ... I don't want to say take advantage of that, but find teams that are in a position that need to do that. Again, we're trying to add picks or prospects and at the same time ice a team."