• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

NHL Diversity

Rate this topic

Why would the NHL cancel games?  They played during World War II.  More recently, they played while there was an unpopular war happening in Iraq.  They played after mass shootings (too many to name in the last 10 years).  The show goes on.    

If NBA players want to cancel games, that's their choice.  

The NHL doesn't need to apologize for actually playing games.   They are allowed that choice as well.  Liberals need to stop attacking anyone who may have a different opinion or who is not as passionate about civil rights as they are.  I have things I care about deeply that I know someone else might not.  I don't attack people for it.  The world isn't divided into civil rights activists and racists.  

Also, they talk about racism before every national anthem during these bubble games.  Evander Kane probably isn't watching since his team didn't qualify for the playoffs.  So the league is not ignoring the issue completely.  He's the same idiot who criticized Crosby for not talking about civil rights more.  

Whatever happened to Gary Cooper?  The strong, silent type.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Where was the NHL when Jacob Blake was being murdered? Oh ya know, just off not giving a f***

Atleast the Red Wings are doing their part. They named their top line after the BLM movement.

Edited by Akakabuto

7 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Atleast the Red Wings are doing their part. They named their top line after the BLM movement.

I would argue the EXACT opposite. Holland actually did a very decent job infusing diversity on to this team. Athanasiou, Hirose, Daley, Bowey. Now Yzerman is undoing all of that progress and bringing us back to the outdated all-white team of the past.

Athanasiou = traded for scraps for no reason
Daley = should be extended (we will see)
Bowey = should be extended (we will see)
Hirose = kept off the roster despite his great performance the prior year

Yzerman is part of the old boys club and is "purifying" his team. I feel gross just writing that.

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Why would the NHL cancel games?  They played during World War II.  More recently, they played while there was an unpopular war happening in Iraq.  They played after mass shootings (too many to name in the last 10 years).  The show goes on.    

If NBA players want to cancel games, that's their choice.  

The NHL doesn't need to apologize for actually playing games.   They are allowed that choice as well.  Liberals need to stop attacking anyone who may have a different opinion or who is not as passionate about civil rights as they are.  I have things I care about deeply that I know someone else might not.  I don't attack people for it.    

Whatever happened to Gary Cooper?  The strong, silent type.  

Also, they talk about racism before every national anthem during these bubble games.  Evander Kane probably isn't watching since his team didn't qualify for the playoffs.  So the league is not ignoring the issue completely.  He's the same idiot who criticized Crosby for not talking about civil rights more.  

It just shows that the NHL has no plan to fix the rampant racism in this sport. That won't even consider halting play for Jacob Blake in solidarity with other leagues. It speaks volumes about this league.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I would argue the EXACT opposite. Holland actually did a very decent job infusing diversity on to this team. Athanasiou, Hirose, Daley, Bowey. Now Yzerman is undoing all of that progress and bringing us back to the outdated all-white team of the past.

Yzerman is part of the old boys club and is "purifying" his team. I feel gross just writing that.

It just shows that the NHL has no plan to fix the rampant racism in this sport. That won't even consider halting play for Jacob Blake in solidarity with other leagues. It speaks volumes about this league.

Oh please.  None of these leagues has any plan in place.  There's a difference between whining, pouting, patting yourselves on the back, and actually having a plan.  What plan have NBA players put forward for change?  Boycotting games in the bubble?  That's not a real plan for change.  In fact, NBA players have now evidently decided to resume the playoffs.  So their plan lasted for what, half a day?  If the black NBA players have no clue, you really expect some Finnish and Swedish dudes with goofy names to actually make a meaningful proposal? 

Here's another Soprano's quote to that idea:

Edited by GMRwings1983

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

:lol: and you expect to be taken seriously 

11 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

He's better than Bowey and you think he should be extended?

7 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Oh please.  None of these leagues has any plan in place.  There's a difference between whining, pouting, patting yourselves on the back, and actually having a plan.  What plan have NBA players put forward for change?  Boycotting games in the bubble?  That's not a real plan for change.  In fact, NBA players have now evidently decided to resume the playoffs.  So their plan lasted for what, half a day?  If the black NBA players have no clue, you really expect some Finnish and Swedish dudes with goofy names to actually make a meaningful proposal? 

Here's another Soprano's quote to that idea:

Oh players like Tyler Seguin are coming out now to do something about this. They know it's wrong that the whitest league blatantly ignores black issues. Can't say I'm surprised really. The NHL likes to enjoy its privilege.

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Why?  Are the games being played in Seattle suddenly?  

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Good. Jacob Blake would have wanted this. If we keep putting pressure on the league as fans we can get them to cancel hockey all we like. At the end of the day we pay their bills. they gotta start getting these things right. Good on em though.

You're just trolling aren't you?  Jacob Blake just wanted to get into his car.  I doubt hockey was on his mind.  

15 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

You're just trolling aren't you?  Jacob Blake just wanted to get into his car.  I doubt hockey was on his mind.  

He's getting pwned today in other threads. Probably hoping for another ban so he has an excuse to fade away and save face

11 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

You're kidding me right? What you meant to say was: Jacob Blake just wanted to live a long and peaceful life unmolested by racially biased cops.

I don't want this to become about politics though. Lets keep this on hockey and diversity in the NHL. I'm glad you mentioned Seattle, as we are the first team with female scouts and about 40% of upper management is female, but we do have to do a better job at getting people of color in the room and into coaching positions and such.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He's getting pwned today in other threads. Probably hoping for another ban so he has an excuse to fade away and save face

Seeking racial justice in the sport i love is trolling now too? Why don't you tell me what isn't trolling so I know

23 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You're kidding me right? What you meant to say was: Jacob Blake just wanted to live a long and peaceful life unmolested by racially biased cops.

I don't want this to become about politics though. Lets keep this on hockey and diversity in the NHL. I'm glad you mentioned Seattle, as we are the first team with female scouts and about 40% of upper management is female, but we do have to do a better job at getting people of color in the room and into coaching positions and such.

Seeking racial justice in the sport i love is trolling now too? Why don't you tell me what isn't trolling so I know

I've been to Seattle.  They may preach diversity, but it's probably the whitest large city in America. 

Yes, it'd be nice if the league had more diverse coaches.  However, what percentage of NHL players  were black?  Probably less than 1%, right?  So it makes sense there's not going to be many black coaches.  Contrast that with other sports, where the percentage of black players vs. actual coaches is more disproportionate. 

19 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I've been to Seattle.  They may preach diversity, but it's probably the whitest large city in America. 

Yes, it'd be nice if the league had more diverse coaches.  However, what percentage of NHL players  were black?  Probably less than 1%, right?  So it makes sense there's not going to be many black coaches.  Contrast that with other sports, where the percentage of black players vs. actual coaches is more disproportionate. 

Plenty of the league is euro. How many euro coaches and GMs are there? A disproportionately low amount. The league has some pretty blatant biases.

Maybe more blacks would play in the first place if folks didnt refer to guys like Evander Kane - who are trying to fix the racism problem - as "thugs" and other racially charged names. 

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why would the NHL cancel games? I don't get it.

For Jacob Blake

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Plenty of the league is euro. How many euro coaches and GMs are there? A disproportionately low amount. The league has some pretty blatant biases.

Maybe more blacks would play in the first place if folks didnt refer to guys like Evander Kane - who are trying to fix the racism problem - as "thugs" and other racially charged names. 

For Jacob Blake

Do liberals really give two craps if European coaches aren't getting more opportunities in the NHL?  I don't think they do.  

Evander Kane is a dirty player and a guy who has burned bridges with several organizations.  I'm sure being black hasn't helped him, but neither has his personality.  

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

For Jacob Blake

Still don't get it. Learn from the NBA. Get woke, go broke.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Do liberals really give two craps if European coaches aren't getting more opportunities in the NHL?  I don't think they do.  

Evander Kane is a dirty player and a guy who has burned bridges with several organizations.  I'm sure being black hasn't helped him, but neither has his personality.  

Were not aiming for diversity of thought or culture. We want racial diversity. Euros are still white.

Evander is pushing for just and meaningful change. I applaud that. Did you ever wonder if maybe he acted that way bc folks were being racist towards him?

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Were not aiming for diversity of thought or culture. We want racial diversity. Euros are still white.

Evander is pushing for just and meaningful change. I applaud that. Did you ever wonder if maybe he acted that way bc folks were being racist towards him?

Indeed. All 7 year olds are victims of prejudice.