• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

NHL Diversity

Rate this topic

38 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm thinking it's time for this thread to go sleepy bye bye

Nope, he wants to start talking down to people, I'm going to shout.  Completely overlooked anything I said that is wrong with society and the way it treats black people. Then proceeded to use derogatory terms like "sweetie" because he cannot process the fact that he's talking in circles with no legitimate solutions.  He's an F'ing idiot, by example of this thread and others that are on unrelated topics. 

Edited by _SP_

3 hours ago, _SP_ said:

First off, Go F yourself.  You got absolutely abused with facts that address the core issues on both sides of the problem and you addressed just one... the one that makes you and your side a victim.  Good job.

Secondly, Go F yourself. You want to call people "sweetie" and then talk about how people talk to others? You're ******* douchebag.

Thirdly, Go F yourself. I point out responsibilities on all sides, and then you call me a racist because how dare I suggest black people quit shooting each other?  That's typical of your ilk.  If you don't support the BLM agenda, and apologize to the far left for having the audacity to be born white, then you're a racist.  You're the worst type of white ultra-liberal turd. 

Fourthly, Go F yourself.

Fifthly, Go F yourself.

Okay, if it's not a history of socioeconomic depression in the black community due to slavery, segregation, and racism... then why do black folks shoot each other disproportionately? Are they just inherently violent? Take me to school oh non-racist one.

1 hour ago, _SP_ said:

Nope, he wants to start talking down to people, I'm going to shout.  Completely overlooked anything I said that is wrong with society and the way it treats black people. Then proceeded to use derogatory terms like "sweetie" because he cannot process the fact that he's talking in circles with no legitimate solutions.  He's an F'ing idiot, by example of this thread and others that are on unrelated topics. 

I actually lol'ed. Sweetie, you might be the biggest snowflake I've ever had the pleasure of meeting lmao

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Okay, if it's not a history of socioeconomic depression in the black community due to slavery, segregation, and racism... then why do black folks shoot each other disproportionately? Are they just inherently violent? Take me to school oh non-racist one.

I actually lol'ed. Sweetie, you might be the biggest snowflake I've ever had the pleasure of meeting lmao

"snowflake" says the guy that whines about holding other HUMAN BEINGS accountable for violent actions.

You paint all black people with broad strokes... and white people with broad strokes... sounds like you're the racist.

What do you say to the successful black people?  What do you say to the violent criminal whites?   Crickets, I'm sure. 

1 minute ago, _SP_ said:

"snowflake" says the guy that whines about holding other HUMAN BEINGS accountable for violent actions.

Quote me. I Haven't done this. Keep grasping at straws sweetie...

2 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

You paint all black people with broad strokes... and white people with broad strokes... sounds like you're the racist.

You can't answer the question? I'll repeat it for you: If it's not a history of socioeconomic depression in the black community due to slavery, segregation, and racism... then why do black folks shoot each other disproportionately?

3 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

What do you say to the successful black people? 

Good on ya

4 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

What do you say to the violent criminal whites?

I don't talk to criminals

Because gang control and gang life is cyclical. Flat out, if you can redirect at-risk children away from gangs, their outcomes improve TREMENDOUSLY.  

Black people have every right to attend a four-year public institution and, in many cases, receive scholarships and grants that make it nearly free - particularly if they are poor.  But, when you have black fatherlessness at 70%, you have mothers trying to work multiple different jobs - leaving their children's influences to take hold early.  And I can promise you kids are already in gangs by the time they get out of middle school.  I went to a public high school in a city with 27% Blacks/AA and a school system that is 47% black & 10% Hispanic. I was raised with an abusive alcoholic father.  I had the most brilliant young man and the worst case of laziness and apathy.  I had every excuse not to finish high school, not go to college, etc.  Now I'm married, with a child and one in the oven,  professional job, 4-bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2300 sq ft <double wide> on a quarter-acre <rented trailer park> lot... :rolleyes: ... because I decided one day I wanted to be successful.  I decided I had a reason to be better than my surroundings. Because I decided I wanted to be a dad that my kid could be proud of.  My son LOVES me, and I love him and his mother the same.  My aunts and uncles literally give us crap because "they've never heard of co-parenting".  I take a 50% share in my child's life.

My parents house is 1900 sq ft, 3 beds 2.0 baths. But my house is worth 4x as much because I decided that I didn't want to live in the ghetto. Their house is in the same zip code that just had the highest incidents of opioid overdoses in the entire STATE of Ohio in 2017.  My father, this May, was involved in a situation where a bullet hit his vehicle when a guy in a truck was getting shot at by a man in another vehicle. And they want to know why they don't see my son weekly like my ghetto loser of a sister drops her two kids off every day of the week??  Because sometimes it's about the COMPLACENCY and CHOICES people make.

I sucked it up with a $1300 mortgage payment working two jobs while my wife also worked full time.  I put in an 8-5 and then served in the evenings 4 days a week. We got our mortgage paid down, refinanced in February, and now I'm going to have a $180,000 home paid in full by the time I'm 35.

I don't want to hear ANYONE ***** about skin color.  Put in the fricken' work and say F your circumstance.  

Since I know you won't click the link and get educated... my next post will have the data and article for you from OJP.

https://www.ojp.gov/program/programs/gangs

Gangs

There is no single definition of a gang, but there are a number of widely accepted criteria for classifying groups as gangs (Decker and Curry, 2003; Esbensen et al., 2001; Klein, 1995; Miller, 1992; Spergel, 1995). This review used the following criteria: (1) the group has three or more members, generally aged 12-24; (2) members share an identity, typically linked to a name and/or symbols; (3) members view themselves as a gang, and they are recognized by others as a gang; (4) the group has some permanence and a degree of organization; and (5) the group engages in a significant level of criminal activity. For these purposes, adult organized crime groups, hate groups, ideology groups, and militia groups were excluded.

Gangs in the United States

There were approximately 28,100 active gangs across 3,500 jurisdictions in 2009 according to law enforcement estimates. This represents an increase of more than 20 percent in both indicators since 2002 (Egley and Howell, 2011). In 2009, it was estimated that there were 731,000 gang members, a figure that is unchanged from 2002.

Gangs have been reported in all 50 states and have had a persistent presence in all cities with a population over 250,000 every year since 1996 (National Youth Gang Center, 2005). Gang problems remain the most widespread in large cities (populations of 100,000 or more) with nearly 99 percent of law enforcement agencies in these cities reporting multiple years of gang problems (National Gang Center, 2009).

One in five (20 percent) public schools reported gang activity in the school during 2007-2008 (Dinkes, et. al. 2009). In 2007, 23 percent of students ages 12–18 reported that there were gangs at their schools. Over half of schools with 1,000 or more students reported that gang activities occurred during the school year, while less than a quarter of schools with less than 1,000 students reported the problem.

Gang Membership Outcomes: Offending and Victimization

Being a member of a gang increases the likelihood of involvement in criminal activity and violent offending and being a direct or indirect victim of violent crime. Gang activity has been documented extensively to include the full range of violent and property offending, as well as drug distribution, weapons trafficking, prostitution, extortion, and other economic crimes to finance the gang (Langton, 2010).

Gang members offend at significantly higher rates than non-gang involved youth, including other delinquent "street offending" youth (Esbensen et. al., 1995). A number of studies have confirmed that gang members are significantly more likely to engage in violent, property, weapons, and drug offending than those that are not gang-involved (e.g., Battin-Pearson, et. al. 1998; Thornberry, 1998). The evidence also suggests that gang membership itself facilitates higher offending rates, as opposed to gangs simply being collections of more frequent offenders (Thornberry et. al., 2003; Zhang et. al. 1999).

Greater organization within gangs appears to lead to higher rates of offending by gang members. Members of more organized gangs report more sales of different kinds of drugs and more violent offending than do members of less organized gangs, with even incremental increases in gang organization resulting in elevated levels of offending (Decker, et. al., 2008).

Gang members are also frequent witnesses and direct victims of violence, including threats and injuries with weapons, assaults from fellow gang members and rivals, family violence, intimate partner violence, and sexual violence (Decker, Katz, & Webb, 2008; Whitman & Davis, 2007; Fleisher, 1998; Miller, 2002). In-depth interviews with female gang members revealed that sexual victimization often comes from within the gang in the form of "sexing in" initiation rituals, and ongoing sexual exploitation and other mistreatment by their male peers (Miller, 2004).

Risk Factors for Joining a Gang

Risk factors are conditions within the individual or in the physical or social environment that increase the probability that someone will join a gang. The probability for gang membership increases with the accumulation of risk factors, particularly when multiple risk factors exist across multiple domains (Howell and Egley, 2005; Hill et al., 1999; Thornberry, et. al., 2003).

Individual Risk Factors
Commonly identified individual risk factors for gang membership include early onset of delinquency (especially violence and drug use), violent victimization, including child physical abuse or child sexual abuse, and risk seeking (Howell and Egley, 2005; Esbensen, et. al. 2010; Fleisher, 2003; Miller, 2004).

Family Risk Factors
Commonly identified family risk factors for gang membership include family poverty, other gang members in the family, poor parental monitoring, and a non-two parent structure or changes in caregivers (Howell and Egley, 2005; Esbensen, et. al. 2010). For example, marital conflict and family instability were found to foster situations that reinforce aggressiveness and coercive behavior in children, which have been moderately associated with gang involvement (Williams and Van Dorn, 1999). Ethnographic research characterized the families of gang kids, compared with those of non-gang affiliated kids, to be more extreme in disorganization and conflict, including child abuse and neglect, which is further exacerbated by parent's drug use, criminal behavior, and low income (Fleisher, 2003).

Peer Group Risk Factors
The most commonly identified peer level risk factor for gang membership is association with delinquent or gang involved peers (Howell and Egley, 2005; Esbensen, et. al. 2010). For example, youth with non-delinquent peers committed an average of 1.6 self-reported acts of violent delinquency during a year, while youth with delinquent peers committed an average of 5.1 violent acts; gang members committed an average of more than 11 violent acts (Battin-Pearson et al., 1998).

School Risk Factors
Commonly identified school risk factors for gang membership include low commitment to school, low achievement, low aspirations, perceived lack of safety in school, and frequent truancy, suspensions, or expulsions (Howell and Egley, 2005; Esbensen, et. al. 2009; National Youth Gang Center, 2011).

Community Risk Factors
Commonly identified community risk factors for gang membership include poverty, presence of gangs, availability of drugs, perceived lack of safety, low neighborhood attachment, high community arrest rates, and availability of firearms (Hill, Howell, Hawkins, et al., 1999; Hill, Lui, and Hawkins, 2001; Howell and Egley, 2005; Lizotte, Krohn, Howell, et al., 2000).

Program and Practice Findings

As described above, the factors leading an individual to join a gang tend to be a complex mixture of individual, family, peer group, school, and community characteristics. Similarly, the harmful outcomes and consequences of gang membership impact the individual, family, peer group, school, and community. Gang prevention, intervention, and enforcement approaches have taken on a similar scope and diversity with various levels of emphasis on law enforcement and criminal prosecution, individual and family therapeutic, social systems, public health, and community empowerment orientations.

CrimeSolutions.gov identifies a number of evidence-based programs that are "promising" and "effective" at addressing issues related to gangs. Efforts are ongoing to identify and integrate a wider range of effective gang prevention, intervention, and enforcement practices. The National Gang Center identifies a number of principles and characteristics found to be associated with successful practices:

• Conducting local gang problem assessments to help target programs, services, and enforcement activities to the right neighborhoods, families, gangs, and individuals
  • Using a coordinated mix of prevention, intervention, enforcement, and reentry programs and strategies to improve the chances for both near term and long term success in reducing gang activity
  • Building trust between prevention, intervention, and enforcement professionals and building a common vision that is shared with community members
  • Developing and maintaining a local steering committee with executive authority to make organizational changes if necessary to improve community response to gangs
  • Activating operational teams for each strategy (prevention, intervention, enforcement, reentry) that coordinate activities and share information with the steering committee. (National Gang Center, 2010)

References
<click the link and then you can find them yourself, douchebag>

Edited by _SP_

6 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

Wow a 180K house in a flyover state. You must be the CEO of Apple or something.

What is that a cloth couch from 1992 lol? I think I had the same one when I was broke and in college. Good luck getting a buck for that at your garage sale.

BTW you need to mow your lawn.

Bet I make more money than you. Twice the father you'll ever be. A better friend, a better husband. Better neighbor, better citizen.

Oh, and that's a mortgage with 6 years left on it. So, yeah, I qualified for a $300,000 mortgage. But, I'm also smarter than you.  Not going to be house broke just because you want a number. 

So while my family is vacationing in Orlando for the fifth time in two years next month with literally ZERO credit card debt, I'll be thinking of you and your insults.

Lets see your apartment. Since you made this into a dick measuring contest.

Edited by _SP_

42 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wow a 180K house in a flyover state. You must be the CEO of Apple or something.

What is that a cloth couch from 1992 lol? I think I had the same one when I was broke and in college. Good luck getting a buck for that at your garage sale.

BTW you need to mow your lawn.

Hey! That couch looks comfy as f***!

1 hour ago, _SP_ said:

Because gang control and gang life is cyclical. Flat out, if you can redirect at-risk children away from gangs, their outcomes improve TREMENDOUSLY.  

Black people have every right to attend a four-year public institution and, in many cases, receive scholarships and grants that make it nearly free - particularly if they are poor.  But, when you have black fatherlessness at 70%, you have mothers trying to work multiple different jobs - leaving their children's influences to take hold early.  And I can promise you kids are already in gangs by the time they get out of middle school.  I went to a public high school in a city with 27% Blacks/AA and a school system that is 47% black & 10% Hispanic. I was raised with an abusive alcoholic father.  I had the most brilliant young man and the worst case of laziness and apathy.  I had every excuse not to finish high school, not go to college, etc.  Now I'm married, with a child and one in the oven,  professional job, 4-bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2300 sq ft <double wide> on a quarter-acre <rented trailer park> lot... :rolleyes: ... because I decided one day I wanted to be successful.  I decided I had a reason to be better than my surroundings. Because I decided I wanted to be a dad that my kid could be proud of.  My son LOVES me, and I love him and his mother the same.  My aunts and uncles literally give us crap because "they've never heard of co-parenting".  I take a 50% share in my child's life.

My parents house is 1900 sq ft, 3 beds 2.0 baths. But my house is worth 4x as much because I decided that I didn't want to live in the ghetto. Their house is in the same zip code that just had the highest incidents of opioid overdoses in the entire STATE of Ohio in 2017.  My father, this May, was involved in a situation where a bullet hit his vehicle when a guy in a truck was getting shot at by a man in another vehicle. And they want to know why they don't see my son weekly like my ghetto loser of a sister drops her two kids off every day of the week??  Because sometimes it's about the COMPLACENCY and CHOICES people make.

I sucked it up with a $1300 mortgage payment working two jobs while my wife also worked full time.  I put in an 8-5 and then served in the evenings 4 days a week. We got our mortgage paid down, refinanced in February, and now I'm going to have a $180,000 home paid in full by the time I'm 35.

I don't want to hear ANYONE ***** about skin color.  Put in the fricken' work and say F your circumstance.  

Since I know you won't click the link and get educated... my next post will have the data and article for you from OJP.

https://www.ojp.gov/program/programs/gangs

Gangs

There is no single definition of a gang, but there are a number of widely accepted criteria for classifying groups as gangs (Decker and Curry, 2003; Esbensen et al., 2001; Klein, 1995; Miller, 1992; Spergel, 1995). This review used the following criteria: (1) the group has three or more members, generally aged 12-24; (2) members share an identity, typically linked to a name and/or symbols; (3) members view themselves as a gang, and they are recognized by others as a gang; (4) the group has some permanence and a degree of organization; and (5) the group engages in a significant level of criminal activity. For these purposes, adult organized crime groups, hate groups, ideology groups, and militia groups were excluded.

Gangs in the United States

There were approximately 28,100 active gangs across 3,500 jurisdictions in 2009 according to law enforcement estimates. This represents an increase of more than 20 percent in both indicators since 2002 (Egley and Howell, 2011). In 2009, it was estimated that there were 731,000 gang members, a figure that is unchanged from 2002.

Gangs have been reported in all 50 states and have had a persistent presence in all cities with a population over 250,000 every year since 1996 (National Youth Gang Center, 2005). Gang problems remain the most widespread in large cities (populations of 100,000 or more) with nearly 99 percent of law enforcement agencies in these cities reporting multiple years of gang problems (National Gang Center, 2009).

One in five (20 percent) public schools reported gang activity in the school during 2007-2008 (Dinkes, et. al. 2009). In 2007, 23 percent of students ages 12–18 reported that there were gangs at their schools. Over half of schools with 1,000 or more students reported that gang activities occurred during the school year, while less than a quarter of schools with less than 1,000 students reported the problem.

Gang Membership Outcomes: Offending and Victimization

Being a member of a gang increases the likelihood of involvement in criminal activity and violent offending and being a direct or indirect victim of violent crime. Gang activity has been documented extensively to include the full range of violent and property offending, as well as drug distribution, weapons trafficking, prostitution, extortion, and other economic crimes to finance the gang (Langton, 2010).

Gang members offend at significantly higher rates than non-gang involved youth, including other delinquent "street offending" youth (Esbensen et. al., 1995). A number of studies have confirmed that gang members are significantly more likely to engage in violent, property, weapons, and drug offending than those that are not gang-involved (e.g., Battin-Pearson, et. al. 1998; Thornberry, 1998). The evidence also suggests that gang membership itself facilitates higher offending rates, as opposed to gangs simply being collections of more frequent offenders (Thornberry et. al., 2003; Zhang et. al. 1999).

Greater organization within gangs appears to lead to higher rates of offending by gang members. Members of more organized gangs report more sales of different kinds of drugs and more violent offending than do members of less organized gangs, with even incremental increases in gang organization resulting in elevated levels of offending (Decker, et. al., 2008).

Gang members are also frequent witnesses and direct victims of violence, including threats and injuries with weapons, assaults from fellow gang members and rivals, family violence, intimate partner violence, and sexual violence (Decker, Katz, & Webb, 2008; Whitman & Davis, 2007; Fleisher, 1998; Miller, 2002). In-depth interviews with female gang members revealed that sexual victimization often comes from within the gang in the form of "sexing in" initiation rituals, and ongoing sexual exploitation and other mistreatment by their male peers (Miller, 2004).

Risk Factors for Joining a Gang

Risk factors are conditions within the individual or in the physical or social environment that increase the probability that someone will join a gang. The probability for gang membership increases with the accumulation of risk factors, particularly when multiple risk factors exist across multiple domains (Howell and Egley, 2005; Hill et al., 1999; Thornberry, et. al., 2003).

Individual Risk Factors
Commonly identified individual risk factors for gang membership include early onset of delinquency (especially violence and drug use), violent victimization, including child physical abuse or child sexual abuse, and risk seeking (Howell and Egley, 2005; Esbensen, et. al. 2010; Fleisher, 2003; Miller, 2004).

Family Risk Factors
Commonly identified family risk factors for gang membership include family poverty, other gang members in the family, poor parental monitoring, and a non-two parent structure or changes in caregivers (Howell and Egley, 2005; Esbensen, et. al. 2010). For example, marital conflict and family instability were found to foster situations that reinforce aggressiveness and coercive behavior in children, which have been moderately associated with gang involvement (Williams and Van Dorn, 1999). Ethnographic research characterized the families of gang kids, compared with those of non-gang affiliated kids, to be more extreme in disorganization and conflict, including child abuse and neglect, which is further exacerbated by parent's drug use, criminal behavior, and low income (Fleisher, 2003).

Peer Group Risk Factors
The most commonly identified peer level risk factor for gang membership is association with delinquent or gang involved peers (Howell and Egley, 2005; Esbensen, et. al. 2010). For example, youth with non-delinquent peers committed an average of 1.6 self-reported acts of violent delinquency during a year, while youth with delinquent peers committed an average of 5.1 violent acts; gang members committed an average of more than 11 violent acts (Battin-Pearson et al., 1998).

School Risk Factors
Commonly identified school risk factors for gang membership include low commitment to school, low achievement, low aspirations, perceived lack of safety in school, and frequent truancy, suspensions, or expulsions (Howell and Egley, 2005; Esbensen, et. al. 2009; National Youth Gang Center, 2011).

Community Risk Factors
Commonly identified community risk factors for gang membership include poverty, presence of gangs, availability of drugs, perceived lack of safety, low neighborhood attachment, high community arrest rates, and availability of firearms (Hill, Howell, Hawkins, et al., 1999; Hill, Lui, and Hawkins, 2001; Howell and Egley, 2005; Lizotte, Krohn, Howell, et al., 2000).

Program and Practice Findings

As described above, the factors leading an individual to join a gang tend to be a complex mixture of individual, family, peer group, school, and community characteristics. Similarly, the harmful outcomes and consequences of gang membership impact the individual, family, peer group, school, and community. Gang prevention, intervention, and enforcement approaches have taken on a similar scope and diversity with various levels of emphasis on law enforcement and criminal prosecution, individual and family therapeutic, social systems, public health, and community empowerment orientations.

CrimeSolutions.gov identifies a number of evidence-based programs that are "promising" and "effective" at addressing issues related to gangs. Efforts are ongoing to identify and integrate a wider range of effective gang prevention, intervention, and enforcement practices. The National Gang Center identifies a number of principles and characteristics found to be associated with successful practices:

• Conducting local gang problem assessments to help target programs, services, and enforcement activities to the right neighborhoods, families, gangs, and individuals
  • Using a coordinated mix of prevention, intervention, enforcement, and reentry programs and strategies to improve the chances for both near term and long term success in reducing gang activity
  • Building trust between prevention, intervention, and enforcement professionals and building a common vision that is shared with community members
  • Developing and maintaining a local steering committee with executive authority to make organizational changes if necessary to improve community response to gangs
  • Activating operational teams for each strategy (prevention, intervention, enforcement, reentry) that coordinate activities and share information with the steering committee. (National Gang Center, 2010)

References
<click the link and then you can find them yourself, douchebag>

This isn’t an explanation of causality, it’s the result of what the explanation is demanding.   Your anecdote is an evasion of empiricism and lends itself to some rather uncomfortable interpretations.  

12 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

Bet I make more money than you.

I bet you don't even invest.

13 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

Twice the father you'll ever be.

Well I'm g-ay so I'll never be a father unless my partner and I decide to adopt a small Cambodian boy

14 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

A better friend, a better husband. Better neighbor, better citizen.

Don't stop you were on a roll.

15 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

Oh, and that's a mortgage with 6 years left on it. So, yeah, I qualified for a $300,000 mortgage. But, I'm also smarter than you.  Not going to be house broke just because you want a number.

I was recently pre-approved for a timeshare. Suck on that you poor white trash.

18 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

So while my family is vacationing in Orlando for the fifth time in two years next month with literally ZERO credit card debt, I'll be thinking of you and your insults.

Orlando Florida AND no credit card debt!? Holy s***...

1 minute ago, Mckinley25 said:

This isn’t an explanation of causality, it’s the result of what the explanation is demanding.   Your anecdote is an evasion of empiricism and lends itself to some rather uncomfortable interpretations. 

Yeah but his son loves him and somebody shot his dad, so we're wrong.

1 hour ago, xault said:

Hey! That couch looks comfy as f***!

That couch also belongs to the dog. The sectional is in the family room.

No cc debt, no student loan debt. Because I worked hard. Which, coincidentally, pays off.

image.png.fd9a157c608394bd692472b8c38012e8.png

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Are you suggesting blacks don't work hard? Is that why that can't afford dog couches like you?

Dude, f*** off. Typical troll just wants to be fed. That's why there's only 20-30 people online anymore on any given day, because people like you are literal douchebags and make this place so unpleasant.

Why don't you start by reading my first two posts again, v...errr....yyy... sl....oww....ly this time.  Maybe you'll learn something. 

I hear you're ****... but apparently for BBC too??

LMFAO Timeshares???????????  OH BOY! Good luck. You obviously need financial education.

Anyway, I screenshot it for you, since you missed it the first time around.

Black responsibility....

image.png.fd9a157c608394bd692472b8c38012e8.png

Not their responsibility...

image.png.9abbca3dfcce266117152675a7e29fd9.png

Conclusion....

image.png.e002bc9ac4acc5122d716aa9b054628a.png

Prove me wrong.

Edited by _SP_

4 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

It's not. lol

Dude, f*** off. Typical troll just wants to be fed. That's why there's only 20-30 people online anymore on any given day, because people like you are literal douchebags and make this place so unpleasant.

Why don't you start by reading my first two posts again, v...errr....yyy... sl....oww....ly this time.  Maybe you'll learn something. 

I hear you're ****... but apparently for BBC too??

SP's take on the NHL's diversity problem:

1. Blacks don't work hard.
2. Blacks like to join gangs and kill each other
3. Irrelevant ramblings about credit card debt, houses, family affairs, growing up in the ghetto, and orlando florida

Please continue to enlighten us with your racially charged personal anecdotes. Everyone on the website loves it I'm sure.

Just ordered. Only $80.00 + shipping.

hoodie1_800x.jpg?v=1596227426

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

SP's take on the NHL's diversity problem:

1. Blacks don't work hard.
2. Blacks like to join gangs and kill each other
3. Irrelevant ramblings about credit card debt, houses, family affairs, growing up in the ghetto, and orlando florida

Please continue to enlighten us with your racially charged personal anecdotes. Everyone on the website loves it I'm sure.

I never once said blacks don't work hard. I specifically asked you to explain how successful black people do it. And you, in typical fashion, avoided the statement.  

It's real simple, and kids of all color can follow:

work hard in school + stay out of gangs + work hard after school = success.

Hard work doesn't care what color your skin is.

Also, you're the one that mentioned double-wide trailers you piece of s*** trash. 

5 minutes ago, xault said:

Is it at least Larkin soft?

Opposite.

Soft on the outside and hard on the inside.

And, no, the NHL doesn't have a COLOR diversity problem. The NHL has an INCOME diversity problem. Poor kids cannot play hockey. Which, is something else I already said, but you're a ******* douchebag.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is exactly the type of bigotry the HDA is fighting against. Sickening. Sweetie, you are exactly why good people no longer traffic this board.

My 255 posts, of which 4-6% are in this thread... or your 12,377 posts of trolling and being a piece of s***. Right. 

1 minute ago, _SP_ said:

And, no, the NHL doesn't have a COLOR diversity problem. The NHL has an INCOME diversity problem. Poor kids cannot play hockey. Which, is something else I already said, but you're a ******* douchebag.

My 255 posts, of which 4-6% are in this thread... or your 12,377 posts of trolling and being a piece of s***. Right. 

Then why are blacks on average more poor than whites in this country?

You say all it takes is hard work... well then that implies blacks don't work hard. Is that really what you want to suggest?

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Then why are blacks on average more poor than whites in this country?

You say all it takes is hard work... well then that implies blacks don't work hard. Is that really what you want to suggest?

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/visualizations/2018/demo/p60-263/figure1.pdf

Guess Asians are racist too, eh?

Did you know, income disparity is so large, that the top ten U.S. earners skew that data for "white people" so largely, it's incomprehensible? Bezos, Gates, Buffett, Zuckerberg, Ellison, Page, Balmer, Brin, Boomberg, and the three Waltons combine a net worth of $805 BILLION. And that has not been recalculated since their windfalls during the pandemic, of which we know Bezos alone has increased his wealth (which is mostly Amazon share related) to become the first man with $200 BILLION net worth. 

The MEDIAN net worth in the U.S. is $98,000.  The MEAN (or AVERAGE) is $700,000.  THAT is how much the super wealthy "skew" all these statistics about how much better the EVIL WHITE MAN has it.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/11/01/how-wealth-inequality-has-changed-in-the-u-s-since-the-great-recession-by-race-ethnicity-and-income/

We don't have a race problem. We have an accessibility problem to folks that aren't in the upper income brackets, period. 

https://brokenclipboard.wordpress.com/2016/04/14/the-elitist-game/

According to The Trusted Source for Sports Parents, the average cost for an entire season of youth football is $558 per child. After football came baseball, which was averaged at around $385 with a bat being a majority of the cost. Ahead of both of these was lacrosse, which tallied up to $565 and was only less expensive than ice hockey. While this is certainly a large amount of money, it is relatively inexpensive when compared tBauer Skateso the expenses that come along with playing ice hockey. To put it into perspective, one pair of Bauer Supreme ice hockey skates is available for pre-order with a $950 price tag. Ice hockey is a serious commitment financially and has been since the conception of the game.

Since the dawn of ice hockey there has always been an imbalance, with regards to class status, in the opportunity one has to compete in the sport. In the early days of ice hockey in North America, circa 1904, there were five teams in the first professional league (IHL): four American teams and one Canadian team. An analysis of newspapers from hosting IHL cities and non-hosting cities in 2004 showed just how much class can alter the perception of hockey (Mason & Duquette, 2004). One of the American cities that hosted an IHL team was Pittsburgh, which is known for its working-class people who spent most of their days working in steel mills. The newspapers in IHL cities focused on the physicality of the league, and also incorporated more detail about the game and how much blue-collar people were supportive of the teams. On the contrary, the major Canadian newspapers, which had less space for stories, were only highlighting the violent nature of the IHL and the absurdity of player salaries in such a low skill level league. The reason these players were less skilled than the elite Canadian teams is because they didn’t have the same amount of income to spend on hockey, and thus never got the proper training and equipment required to be successful.

With higher circulation numbers the major Canadian newspapers had given the IHL a violent reputation that scared off new recruits and essentially halted the progress that lower-class people were making in regards to playing hockey. Hockey was dominated by the middle and upper class before the IHL and when it disbanded in 1907 the class-based dominance started up once again (Mason & Duquette, 2004). With the restoration of the elite view of Canadian hockey the lower class began getting weeded out of the game and middle and upper class took control.

Even a century later the aforementioned imbalance still holds true because families with an average income just cannot afford to have a child play hockey because of the incredibly steep costs that come with playing. The material circumstances, or “the economic conditions underlying the society,” are why it is so difficult to immerse someone into the game of hockey (Dobie, 2002). The initial costs are staggering and that alone can deter someone from wanting to start playing hockey. The reason hockey is the smallest, as far as viewership, around the United States when compared to football, baseball, and basketball, is because it isn’t as readily available to start playing and thus receives less recognition.

Steve Wulf, Senior Writer at ESPN and father of a hockey player, broke down the average cost of playing hockey throughout a child’s youth career. In 2013 he tallied a grand total of $48,850, which he admits doesn’t even cover many variable fees such as gas, food when traveling, and mileage put on the family car (Wulf, 2013). $48,850 – in 2013 the average household income was $51,939, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, which is only $3,089 more than Wulf’s estimated average cost. These figures go to show that even a family with the average income in America would have a tough time setting aside enough money each year for their son or daughter to play hockey throughout his or her childhood. With these substantial costs many families are almost eliminated from the possibility of having one or more of their children play ice hockey at any level.

The aforementioned average expense of $48,850 is exactly that, an average. Many hockey players who want to play at a high level also incur much higher fees when it comes to things such as private lessons, teams that travel more frequently, and top-of-the-line gear, which they hope will give them a competitive advantage. The pieces of high-end equipment that are most sought after are helmets, gloves, sticks, and skates. If parents were to buy their kid top-of-the-line gear, just in these four categories, it would cost them $1,690, which just isn’t realistic for most families. This calculation also doesn’t consider the fact that sticks break frequently and kids’ bodies grow as well, resulting in purchasing of new gear almost every year for some pieces of equipment. With the annual purchasing of some new gear and season dues, a family that isn’t at least middle class would have a very tough time buying the necessary equipment to allow their child to play, let alone succeed.

As a whole, being a member of a lower class family does not crush your chance of playing hockey, but it does hinder the chance of playing at an advanced level. Paying for the bare essentials, gear and team dues, will allow you to play but without outside lesHockey Equipmentsons and additional training odds are there won’t be much advancement for that player. While hockey, just like other competitive sports, provides kids with life lessons it might not be worth the cost for some families when they can have their child partake in a much cheaper sport such as soccer or basketball. Unlike most other sports, hockey requires that all parts of the body be protected during play and thus has the largest quantity of gear, resulting in much more purchasing of equipment as the player gets older.

I have played organized hockey since I was five-years-old and my parents always made sure that I had good-fitting gear and equipment that would ensure my safety. Paying for hockey wasn’t an issue because they were incredibly passionate about the sport and wanted me to compete in something I loved as well. The thought of not being able to play hockey solely because of the financial burden that it imposes on families is very disheartening. I never ran into the problem of wanting to play more hockey, or practice more, and not being able to because my parents couldn’t afford it; and I just finished my last year of playing ACHA hockey. If I got to play whenever I wanted, got the gear I needed, and devoted so much of my time to playing and still never played professionally then imagine how hard it must be for someone who doesn’t have those options. While everyone’s goal may not be to play at that high of a level some people never even get the chance to try hockey and see if they enjoy it enough to pursue that dream.

The high cost of playing ice hockey is a deterrent for many families and that is why it has not and will not grow to be as large as other sports in the United States. Lower class families don’t really have a chance to play hockey and middle class families have to decide if they want to spend a large chunk of their income on one sport, rather than paying for a cheaper sport and doing other things with their remaining income. The culture of hockey is very much that of a blue-collar family, in that it requires extensive work and financial dedication to be successful, but those same principles exclude those very people from being able to partake in the sport. Many National Hockey League (NHL) players played junior hockey before making it to the League, but those costs are the steepest of them all, and fewer than 5% of those junior players make the NHL. Ice hockey is becoming too expensive for most families and even if a child begins playing at a young age it is still a massive financial commitment that can often times not be upheld. As long as the cost to play hockey is so high it will continue to be less dominant than those sports that people of all class levels can play.

Edited by _SP_

3 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/visualizations/2018/demo/p60-263/figure1.pdf

Guess Asians are racist too, eh?

Did you know, income disparity is so large, that the top ten U.S. earners skew that data for "white people" so largely, it's incomprehensible? Bezos, Gates, Buffett, Zuckerberg, Ellison, Page, Balmer, Brin, Boomberg, and the three Waltons combine a net worth of $805 BILLION. And that has not been recalculated since their windfalls during the pandemic, of which we know Bezos alone has increased his wealth (which is mostly Amazon share related) to become the first man with $200 BILLION net worth. 

The MEDIAN net worth in the U.S. is $98,000.  The MEAN (or AVERAGE) is $700,000.  THAT is how much the super wealthy "skew" all these statistics about how much better the EVIL WHITE MAN has it.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/11/01/how-wealth-inequality-has-changed-in-the-u-s-since-the-great-recession-by-race-ethnicity-and-income/

We don't have a race problem. We have an accessibility problem to folks that aren't in the upper income brackets, period. 

Okay so then if average blacks and average whites largely make the same. Why aren't blacks playing an expensive sport like hockey?