• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

NHL Diversity

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Oldtimehockey97 said:

He was making awful claims without substantive backing and insulting others throughout this entire thread.

To be fair, this applies to basically every thread on this board. Not exclusively "diversity threads". Welcome to LGW! :cheesy:

Edited by Akakabuto

18 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I already said it. Cause asians and Hispanics matter less. there's a hierarchy of oppression. Blacks and Indigenous deserve more attention. 

This seems very anti-diversity and hateful to me.

I think the goal is to be more inclusive of all groups in the sport?

BTW, you still didn't answer my question. If racism is an actual concern in hockey, then Why do certain races need more attention?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

I posted two legitimate responses with data and actual FACTS.

You the proceeded to call me "sweetie", "toxic" and "(in)decent". Then you brought up that I must live in a trailer park. And completely disregarded anything I said regarding white-related causes, glossed over black-caused problems and called me racist for it!

No, I stick by my words. f*** you. You are a ******* douchebag troll. Go back and read from the start. You're a ******* douchebag.

So that's why you got pictures of the home. Because you're a cuck. And proved your dumbass wrong.

Edited by _SP_

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This seems very anti-diversity and hateful to me.

I think the goal is to be more inclusive of all groups in the sport?

Why? Black and indigenous people had to undergo more oppression, therefore it follows that they get more reparations.

19 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

BTW, you still didn't answer my question. If racism is an actual concern in hockey, then Why do certain races need more attention?

People don't throw bowls of rice on the ice when Asian players skate. But bananas on the ice has happened in hockey. That's why.

1 minute ago, _SP_ said:

I posted two legitimate responses with data and actual FACTS.

You the proceeded to call me "sweetie", "toxic" and "(in)decent". Then you brought up that I must live in a trailer park. And completely disregarded anything I said regarding white-related causes, glossed over black-caused problems and called me racist for it!

All you posted was a bunch of garbage about your mortgage, growing up in the ghetto, and how you've been to Florida 5 times. Did you mow your lawn yet? Take your meds while you're at it.

3 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

No, I stick by my words. f*** you. You are a ******* douchebag troll. Go back and read from the start. You're a ******* douchebag.

The angry bigot is angry. Pretty much expected I guess.

Just now, _SP_ said:

Also, you glossed right over two other people who, like me, started off respectful. But they did jack you off in support, so you won't address it.

You are only trying to cause trouble and troll people. As I said, you should be banned.

Yeah, maybe i deserve a suspension. But you literally never offer anything of value. You're always a douchebag.

No I acknowledged both of their posts by liking them. I appreciated them taking the time to write all that out. They were able to speak respectfully, even though I disagree with them, unlike you who just flys off the handle like a psycho...

BTW did you mow your lawn yet? Your neighbors are probably getting pissed you don't take care of your yard...

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No I acknowledged both of their posts by liking them. I appreciated them taking the time to write all that out. They were able to speak respectfully, even though I disagree with them, unlike you who just flys off the handle like a psycho...

BTW did you mow your lawn yet? Your neighbors are probably getting pissed you don't take care of your yard...

Each had questions that you didn't respond to. T-R-O-L-L.

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

All you posted was a bunch of garbage about your mortgage, growing up in the ghetto, and how you've been to Florida 5 times. Did you mow your lawn yet? Take your meds while you're at it.

More proof CRL cannot read. 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Which questions were those S-C-H-I-Z-O...?

Since you can't read, you goddamn idiot....

"You spout your agenda as if it's gospel.  It's easy to do since your fight is so selfless, right? There's no accountability for you whatsoever because if your intentions are right, what harm could you be doing?"

"By your logic are all Asians the same? All Africans the same too?"

"While you rag on the nhl, you say nothing about lack of diversity among players in nba and nfl with 83% and 70% black respectively and namely all from a single country no less. Why not? It goes both ways. I’m a fan of meritocracy. Are you implying teams pass over more higher skilled minorities in the draft?"

"Do you think minorities should also undergo anti-bias training to prevent them from thinking all whites are racist?"

"Do you see racism everywhere? Like if you turn over a stone it might jump out and bite you?" 

So try again. You're a ******* troll and you derail every thread you post in. This place would be a lot better off without you.  And, it seems, this country, too.  Take your bulls*** somewhere else.  You're a troll, the vast majority of your posting history is of trolling and you continue to troll in this thread.

You started with the insults immediately following my initial two posts... which you claim differently here:

"They were able to speak respectfully, even though I disagree with them, unlike you who just flys off the handle like a psycho..."

Because you're a waste of time and a waste of F'ing oxygen.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Which questions were those S-C-H-I-Z-O...?

Since you can't read, you goddamn idiot....

"You spout your agenda as if it's gospel.  It's easy to do since your fight is so selfless, right? There's no accountability for you whatsoever because if your intentions are right, what harm could you be doing?"

"While you rag on the nhl, you say nothing about lack of diversity among players in nba and nfl with 83% and 70% black respectively and namely all from a single country no less. Why not? It goes both ways. I’m a fan of meritocracy. Are you implying teams pass over more higher skilled minorities in the draft?"

"Do you think minorities should also undergo anti-bias training to prevent them from thinking all whites are racist?"

"Do you see racism everywhere? Like if you turn over a stone it might jump out and bite you?" 

So try again. You're a ******* troll and you derail every thread you post in. This place would be a lot better off without you.  And, it seems, this country, too.  Take your bulls*** somewhere else.  You're a troll, the vast majority of your posting history is of trolling and you continue to troll in this thread.

You started with the insults immediately following my initial two posts... which you claim differently here:

"They were able to speak respectfully, even though I disagree with them, unlike you who just flys off the handle like a psycho..."

Because you're a waste of time and a waste of F'ing oxygen.

Four years and 12,000 posts of trolling......... You obviously don't have a job.  

Would love to take a vote... top 13 most active people, and who is the leading troller. Let's call it...

Dabura, GMR, CRL, kliq, kipwinger, F.Michael, akakabuto, marcaractac, leftwinger, Neomax, krsmith, 91 Ryans & nyqvist.  I think most people would agree that's the people that are the most active. Write-ins for 14 & 15 if you'd like.

100% you're at the top of the troll list.  You have no respect for anyone of any other opinions - whether it is on politics, society or - you know - the Red Wings. You talk down to people, you disregard statements or questions they ask and you act like a petulant child when people disagree with you. And if you're proven wrong, you go back to trolling. 

I'm looking at that list, and there's some names of people that fight with each other regularly that is definitely annoying to a casual reader.... but you.... you're a troll and probably part of the reason more people don't want to sign up and post here.

Edit: Take it from someone with less than 300 posts... you're definitely part of the reason.

Edited by _SP_

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Why? Black and indigenous people had to undergo more oppression, therefore it follows that they get more reparations.

People don't throw bowls of rice on the ice when Asian players skate. But bananas on the ice has happened in hockey. That's why.

So is hockey racist or not? You seem to be saying it's only selectively racist? Which makes no sense.

Throw rice on the ice? You literally condemn racism while using racist references in your posts. 

13 hours ago, _SP_ said:

"You spout your agenda as if it's gospel.  It's easy to do since your fight is so selfless, right?

Yes

13 hours ago, _SP_ said:

There's no accountability for you whatsoever because if your intentions are right, what harm could you be doing?"

Correct

13 hours ago, _SP_ said:

No

13 hours ago, _SP_ said:

"While you rag on the nhl, you say nothing about lack of diversity among players in nba and nfl with 83% and 70% black respectively and namely all from a single country no less. Why not?

This is a hockey forum, not a NFL or NBA forum. If you wanna talk about diversity in those leagues I suggest going to a forum for those sports.

13 hours ago, _SP_ said:

Are you implying teams pass over more higher skilled minorities in the draft?"

No

13 hours ago, _SP_ said:

Do whites have to undergo anti-racist training? No.

13 hours ago, _SP_ said:

No

13 hours ago, _SP_ said:

Four years and 12,000 posts of trolling......... You obviously don't have a job.  

Would love to take a vote... top 13 most active people, and who is the leading troller. Let's call it...

Dabura, GMR, CRL, kliq, kipwinger, F.Michael, akakabuto, marcaractac, leftwinger, Neomax, krsmith, 91 Ryans & nyqvist.  I think most people would agree that's the people that are the most active. Write-ins for 14 & 15 if you'd like.

100% you're at the top of the troll list.  You have no respect for anyone of any other opinions - whether it is on politics, society or - you know - the Red Wings. You talk down to people, you disregard statements or questions they ask and you act like a petulant child when people disagree with you. And if you're proven wrong, you go back to trolling. 

I'm looking at that list, and there's some names of people that fight with each other regularly that is definitely annoying to a casual reader.... but you.... you're a troll and probably part of the reason more people don't want to sign up and post here.

Edit: Take it from someone with less than 300 posts... you're definitely part of the reason.

It's obvious you're jealous of my post count. It's okay. One day you'll hit 500, then before you know it 1,000. You just have to study the sport more and develop some opinions that you can share with the board. Then you can be the change you want to see.

14 hours ago, _SP_ said:

I have to finish my sociology degree first

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So is hockey racist or not? You seem to be saying it's only selectively racist? Which makes no sense.

Yes and yes. No one seems to care about Jewish, Hispanic, or Asian players. But with black folks there's numerous incidents of racism... and in my own experience this is the same. I would also add on that hockey is extremely ho-mophobic. 

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Throw rice on the ice? You literally condemn racism while using racist references in your posts. 

As an example. You don't see backlash against Asian players. But we've literally had incidents of fans throwing bananas at black players. That's sickening.

Do whites have to undergo anti-racist training? No.

I have to finish my sociology degree first

LMFAO.  Have you not heard of Diversity Training? It's literally mandatory in almost every leadership and business position.

Edit: YOU'RE A SOCIOLOGIST MAJOR THAT'S NEVER HEARD OF ANTI-RACISM TRAINING? slk;flksdafksdf Do you just Reddit and LGW all day instead of listening to ANYTHING your lecturers say?  Do you even open your books...? 

Got it. So you're a brainwashed liberal arts student. Nice.  Says a lot.

Should have tried for a real degree.  

Edited by _SP_

4 hours ago, _SP_ said:

LMFAO.  Have you not heard of Diversity Training? It's literally mandatory in almost every leadership and business position.

Edit: YOU'RE A SOCIOLOGIST MAJOR THAT'S NEVER HEARD OF ANTI-RACISM TRAINING? slk;flksdafksdf Do you just Reddit and LGW all day instead of listening to ANYTHING your lecturers say?  Do you even open your books...? 

Got it. So you're a brainwashed liberal arts student. Nice.  Says a lot.

Should have tried for a real degree.  

Why are you ignoring the rest of post troll?

Diversity training is not anti-racism training. But yes whites in any position, not just leadership, should get anti-racism training. Including you. 

Why are you ignoring the rest of post troll?

Diversity training is not anti-racism training. But yes whites in any position, not just leadership, should get anti-racism training. Including you. 

What the f*** do you think they "teach" in diversity training....?

Oh, wait. That's right. You've never had a job, so you wouldn't know.

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yes and yes. No one seems to care about Jewish, Hispanic, or Asian players. But with black folks there's numerous incidents of racism... and in my own experience this is the same. I would also add on that hockey is extremely ho-mophobic. 

As an example. You don't see backlash against Asian players. But we've literally had incidents of fans throwing bananas at black players. That's sickening.

Your belief that a lack of black or native players in the NHL has anything to do with racism is just wrong. If you offered free equipment, training, and coaching to 100 random black kids, they would overwhelmingly choose basketball and football over sports like hockey. That's not racism, it's culture. Certain groups of people prefer certain sports. Its a choice, not discrimination.

In sports like hockey or baseball, the number of black players is low in comparison to the general population. True. But the percentage of black players in basketball and football is significantly higher than the general population.

In reality, if you were to tally the number of individuals playing professional sports overall, you would find that the percentages of each race are similar to the general population.

Systemic racism in sports, hockey, or the NHL, is a myth. Blacks are generously represented among professional athletes. The fact that percentages are higher in some sports and lower in others is due to culture and choice for the most part.

To say that certain sports are "racist" based on demographics would be like accusing manufacturers of racism because their products are more popular among certain races than others. Our culture affects what products we buy, what food we eat, what sports we play. Not everything is about race.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

10 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Your belief that a lack of black or native players in the NHL has anything to do with racism is just wrong. If you offered free equipment, training, and coaching to 100 random black kids, they would overwhelmingly choose basketball and football over sports like hockey. That's not racism, it's culture. Certain groups of people prefer certain sports. Its a choice, not discrimination.

In sports like hockey or baseball, the number of black players is low in comparison to the general population. True. But the percentage of black players in basketball and football is significantly higher than the general population.

In reality, if you were to tally the number of individuals playing professional sports overall, you would find that the percentages of each race are similar to the general population.

Systemic racism in sports, hockey, or the NHL, is a myth. Blacks are generously represented among professional athletes. The fact that percentages are higher in some sports and lower in others is due to culture and choice for the most part.

To say that certain sports are "racist" based on demographics would be like accusing manufacturers of racism because their products are more popular among certain races than others. Our culture affects what products we buy, what food we eat, what sports we play. Not everything is about race.

Agreed. Well said. There is also a lot of ‘diversity’ in hockey as it stands right now. Many different countries and cultures represented.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:44 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Me get the ban slam? The only one who's woke around here? Not likely brother. There's a new woke NHL in town, and all these old cracka's be mad as hell about it. Wish I could crack em in their cracka ass.

But does your toddler have any credit card debt?

This is a bigoted response and makes you look like a hypocrite.