• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

NHL Diversity

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, kliq said:

Thread should just be locked.

When last I "saw" Jedi, he was the only mod around, so if a thread needs to be locked, you can either

1) Report a post

2) PM him

3) Avoid the thread

4) Pop some popcorn and watch the fur fly.

I got to wondering tonight if "Black Aces" would be considered racist outside the hockey world if there were an African-decended player who was one.  We know it means "ace up your sleeve" and from what I understand of cards, the ace of spades is the trump card, therefore the best, but "black ace" and "spades" sound like something that an uninformed person could take offense to.  Nowadays, that is enough to set off a fecal tsunami.

1 hour ago, 55fan said:

When last I "saw" Jedi, he was the only mod around, so if a thread needs to be locked, you can either

1) Report a post

2) PM him

3) Avoid the thread

I got to wondering tonight if "Black Aces" would be considered racist outside the hockey world if there were an African-decended player who was one.  We know it means "ace up your sleeve" and from what I understand of cards, the ace of spades is the trump card, therefore the best, but "black ace" and "spades" sound like something that an uninformed person could take offense to.  Nowadays, that is enough to set off a fecal tsunami.

It’s not the topic but rather the way the topic is being discussed. If the mods want this board to become busier (which I have to assume makes them more money) they really need to shut stuff like this down as it’s going to turn people off and deter new people from signing up.

As to you black aces comment, I did notice during the Stanley cup ceremony tonight, Jim hughson called them “aces”.

Edited by kliq

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/sir-maejor-page-fraudulent-gofundme-for-blm-in-atlanta/85-17536ba9-1d74-44ac-aed8-1a7aee85c0d9

A criminal complaint filed in the US Northern District of Ohio shows that Tyree Conyers-Page, who goes by the name of Sir Maejor Page, has been charged with one count of wire fraud and two counts of money laundering.

The charges, according to the complaint, stem from fraudulent use of donations received. A witness tipped off the FBI that Conyers-Page may have been using the Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta (BLMGA) non-profit organization to make money.

More than a year later in June 2020, that same witness went back to the FBI showing that the BLMGA organization Conyers-Page founded - a splinter group that was never recognized as a representative of the official Atlanta Black Lives Matter organization - was receiving donations from it's official Facebook. The page, which was registered with the social media company as a non-profit, was cleared to receive donations because of that, even though Conyers-Page's organization had lost its tax-exempt status in 2019.

While GoFundMe said only $13,154 was raised on their platform, they did say that donors can request a refund. Conyers-Page has also been banned from the platform. 

If you donated through GoFundMe, simply contact them for a refund. They said GoFundMe utilizes PayPal Giving Fund's database to enable people to fundraise for a charity.

"GoFundMe has taken action to ensure you can no longer start a GoFundMe for BLMGA. PayPal has also confirmed BLMGA has been removed from its database," a spokesperson for the platform said in a statement. "Campaigns with misuse are very rare, and we take all complaints very seriously. Our team is working with law enforcement and assisting them in the investigation."

The complaint in the cases said that Conyers-Page spent over $200,000 on "personal items generated from donations received through BLMGA Facebook page with no identifiable purchase or expenditure for social or racial justice." 

I didn't know they gave access to the internet in prison? :huh:.

Maybe that's why his "alter ego" is now posting.... hmmm........  Kinda like how this dumbass goes by "SIR MAEJOR".  Even the BLM people in Toledo hate this dude lmfao.  But remember - he had a sit down with the Atlanta mayor to discuss white people's crimes against black people, all while stealing more from black people than most white people or their parents ever have! 

#BLACKLIVESMATTER

Edited by _SP_

1 hour ago, CatBoyRossi said:

So some white guy hijacked a good cause like BLM to make money for himself? Typical.

He's black, you idiot.  He is a recessive albino black man.

And here he is being an idiot again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmL4jp7qEfs

And countless other articles about him being arrested... Trespassing and disrupting a Toledo City Council meeting while carrying a firearm.... yeah....

Dude's another turd with a megaphone. 

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/sir-maejor-becomes-face-black-lives-matter-despite-opposition/K1HBDwS93QiSBYnfFZNvBK/

23 hours ago, kliq said:

It’s not the topic but rather the way the topic is being discussed. If the mods want this board to become busier (which I have to assume makes them more money) they really need to shut stuff like this down as it’s going to turn people off and deter new people from signing up.

As to you black aces comment, I did notice during the Stanley cup ceremony tonight, Jim hughson called them “aces”.

The mods are volunteers.  Currently Jedi is the only one who comes around.  He has asked that people help him out since he is not around as much as he would like to be.  The other mods have just vanished.  They do not get paid and take abuse from those who disagree with them.  It's a thankless job.  If they come down, people tell them to lighten up.  If they don't, people grumble that they should have been on it.

Again, if you have a problem with a post, report it.  If it is more than one poster, report all the posts that bother you.  Your help is needed to make the forum work.  All of us are responsible as users. 

I just sit back and watch things devolve. 

To keep things on topic, I'm glad they are just using "aces".  It sounds better, and everyone knows the whole "ace up your sleeve" thing.

1 hour ago, 55fan said:

The mods are volunteers.  Currently Jedi is the only one who comes around.  He has asked that people help him out since he is not around as much as he would like to be.  The other mods have just vanished.  They do not get paid and take abuse from those who disagree with them.  It's a thankless job.  If they come down, people tell them to lighten up.  If they don't, people grumble that they should have been on it.

Again, if you have a problem with a post, report it.  If it is more than one poster, report all the posts that bother you.  Your help is needed to make the forum work.  All of us are responsible as users. 

I just sit back and watch things devolve. 

To keep things on topic, I'm glad they are just using "aces".  It sounds better, and everyone knows the whole "ace up your sleeve" thing.

Trust me, I hear you but I don’t take back what I said.

Edited by kliq

On 9/28/2020 at 11:43 PM, 55fan said:

1) Report a post

2) PM him

3) Avoid the thread

When i hear or see ace of spades, i just think of Motorhead.

5 hours ago, chaps80 said:

s***, I just read through the last few pages and i don't think i've ever laughed so much at anything on these boards. I know some get offended easily these days, but i'm old school and CRL is one funny dude. 

There were some funny posts I will say, it just got out of hand.

52 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Dubas said they want the Leafs to be tougher to play against, so they're after his toughness... or in this case what you might describe as thuggish

I wouldnt describe Simmonds that way at all. He's exactly the kind of player I would want. Not thuggish at all. Straight up, respectable guy. The exact opposite of E Kane.

I would like to have Kane or Simmonds. I'd really like to have Simmonds on a one year deal. Flip him at the deadline for a pick, seems like he's always an easy move. Gives us some toughness in the meantime.