• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Red Wings players / prospects on loan

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, ely s said:

Yipp, Covid-break, there is a nationwide lockdown since 21st of October. There were restrictions since  early October, when the league already stopped playing. A restart date seems far away...

Well, that sucks.

Could they move Hronek to, say, Finnish Liiga? I want that boy playing games...

I think they could, but you need takers as well. I assume that the Swedish and Finnish leagues are already loaded with foreign players, so it might be quite difficult to find a space for him. SY was smart enough to get a lot of his players on loans, but now probably every GM wants his prospects playing... and not to forget the fact, that SHL and Liiga want them for the whole season, which would be a no go in Hronek´s case, assuming there will be an NHL start in January.

On 10/25/2020 at 8:50 AM, krsmith17 said:

Also, just a note on Berggren's dominance. He currently sits 3rd in SHL scoring, the two ahead of him, are Marek Hrivik (2 points ahead, averaging 9 minutes per game more, 9 years older) and Carter Camper (1point ahead, 1 more game played, averaging 7 minutes per game more, 12 years older). The only other U25 player in the top 15, is Berggren's center, Andreas Wingerli (23). Berggren doing this as a 20 year old, averaging around 14 minutes per night (less than anyone else in the top 25) is pretty f***ing impressive...

On 10/25/2020 at 9:13 AM, ely s said:

yeah, Berggren looks like the real deal, always going hard for the net, high end vision and for his size really strong on his skates, hard to knock off the puck. He will be a real nice addition to our forward group come TDL.

It's GREAT to see Berggren dominating! He's had really bad injury luck and, right or wrong, that's led me to adjust my expectations for his career trajectory. I was hoping he *might* bounce back with a nice full 2020-21 SHL campaign and then maybe we talk about bringing him over at some point in 2021-22. If he keeps dominating like this and he ends up coming over post-2021 trade deadline, I'm a very happy camper.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It's GREAT to see Berggren dominating! He's had really bad injury luck and, right or wrong, that's led me to adjust my expectations for his career trajectory. I was hoping he *might* bounce back with a nice full 2020-21 SHL campaign and then maybe we talk about bringing him over at some point in 2021-22. If he keeps dominating like this and he ends up coming over post-2021 trade deadline, I'm a very happy camper.

I think I remember posting before the start of the season that people here in sweden are really hyped for the kid. Like you, I had no real expectations or hopes for this season other than him being healthy. Now I'm working real hard on tempering my expectations of what he can become.

Sweden prospect article (Berggren,Raymond,...) https://www.nhl.com/news/swedish-hockey-league-nhl-prospects-to-watch/c-319520446?tid=277729154

in two hours there will be chance to watch Berggren and Veleno or Johansson and Seider playing against each other

Edited by ely s

45 minutes ago, ely s said:

Sweden prospect article https://www.nhl.com/news/swedish-hockey-league-nhl-prospects-to-watch/c-319520446?tid=277729154

in two hours there will be chance to watch Berggren and Veleno or Johansson and Seider playing against each other

Or Raymond.

I'll probably be watching the Berggren vs Veleno game, but flicking back and forth between the three games. I really wish they would spread the times out a little...

has anyone seen the Seider game yesterday? Just read that his neck was hit with a blade and just because of his neckguard he didn´t get cut.

https://www.sport1.de/eishockey/2020/10/moritz-seider-nackenschutz-bewahrt-ihn-vor-schwerer-verletzung

I watched Brome yesterday and the OT of Veleno´s game.

Seider with an assist yesterday, as well as Veleno and Brome. Raymond and Johannson scored as you can see above...

22 minutes ago, ely s said:

has anyone seen the Seider game yesterday? Just read that his neck was hit with a blade and just because of his neckguard he didn´t get cut.

I didn't see much of the Seider game, but did catch the clip of him nearly getting clipped...

Close call for sure. I think it's only a matter of time before some sort of neck protection is made mandatory, the same way they did with visors a few years back.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I didn't see much of the Seider game, but did catch the clip of him nearly getting clipped...

Close call for sure. I think it's only a matter of time before some sort of neck protection is made mandatory, the same way they did with visors a few years back.

The question is, why aren´t they mandatory? Lucky him, I bet he´s never going to play without one again.

Edited by ely s

1 minute ago, ely s said:

The question is, why aren´t they mandatory?

I guess for the same reason helmets weren't mandatory back in the 60's and early 70's, and visors weren't mandatory back in the 90's and early 2000's... Men are too cool to wear the same protection they did as boys...

Neck guards have been mandatory in minor hockey for as long as I can remember (30 years), but once you get to a certain age, when the speed and pace of play picks up, you don't have to wear them anymore. Makes a ton of sense...

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I was super glad we got Niederbach. I love this player. But even I wasn't expecting him to explode out of the gate like this.

Could he be a sleeper 1C?

Whanckkk time real talk.

Berggren - Neiderbach - Raymond

is the NHLs best line in 7 years. 

And Cholowski wins the Norris 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

12 minutes ago, Dabura said:
I was super glad we got Niederbach. I love this player. But even I wasn't expecting him to explode out of the gate like this.

Could he be a sleeper 1C?

Yeah, I was stoked about the Niederbach pick as well, but I think 1C may be a little out of reach for him. Maybe, but keep in mind, the J20 is considered a lower quality league than the CHL. 2 points per game is pretty f***ing impressive, but until he gets a shot, sticks, and produces in the SHL, I'd probably pump the breaks on 1C potential for now.

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Berggren - Neiderbach - Raymond

Yeah, I mentioned this as a potential 2nd line in a few years. We could have a super deep top 9 pretty soon, which is pretty exciting.

29 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I was stoked about the Niederbach pick as well, but I think 1C may be a little out of reach for him. Maybe, but keep in mind, the J20 is considered a lower quality league than the CHL. 2 points per game is pretty f***ing impressive, but until he gets a shot, sticks, and produces in the SHL, I'd probably pump the breaks on 1C potential for now.

Nah, I agree. I'm definitely not setting my expectations at 1C. But I do think that potential is there. I think about Yzerman's success with smallish RH centermen back in Tampa. While I can't really draw a solid comparison between Niederbach and Tyler Johnson or Brayden Point or Yanni Gourde, I'm sure Yzerman sees Niderbach as someone who fits the mold of what he generally looks for in a non-marquee center prospect.

https://thehockeywriters.com/theodor-niederbach-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

15 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

When can we draft this Jahanssonhasehadsomeson guy? 

The Jets got him. :crybaby:

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Nah, I agree. I'm definitely not setting my expectations at 1C. But I do think that potential is there. I think about Yzerman's success with smallish RH centermen back in Tampa. While I can't really draw a solid comparison between Niederbach and Tyler Johnson or Brayden Point or Yanni Gourde, I'm sure Yzerman sees Niderbach as someone who fits the mold of what he generally looks for in a non-marquee center prospect.

https://thehockeywriters.com/theodor-niederbach-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

The Jets got him. :crybaby:

we got two of three, fair enough and Johanneson is a 5´9" defender, he probably doesn´t fit in SY plans or Hakan wasn´t as happy about him. He was drafted in the 5th round, so we had plenty of chances, if we wanted to

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, I'm hoping he develops into a very good 2C. We shall see. He's likely still 3-5 years away.

3 hours ago, ely s said:

we got two of three, fair enough and Johanneson is a 5´9" defender, he probably doesn´t fit in SY plans or Hakan wasn´t as happy about him. He was drafted in the 5th round, so we had plenty of chances, if we wanted to

Yeah, pretty much this.

Also, Albert Johansson > Anton Johanneson.

26 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Does anyone know why random SHL games have been and are continuing to be postponed? Is it due to Covid? The Rogle (Seider) vs Lulea game is postponed today...

Yup. Luleå have three confirmed cases and suspicion of six more. 

Of todays games three have been postponed. It's each teams medical staff that makes these decisions.

A total of 13 games have been postponed this season. All of them are planned to be played late november.