• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Red Wings players / prospects on loan

Rate this topic

Seider is such a monster. People are selling his offense way short. I don’t think he’s going to be a 50-60 point guy. But he will score 40 and be a top defender a la Seth Jones. And I think Jones is the best defenseman in the league right now.

14 hours ago, Wait&Sneed said:

That it's amazing that Dennis dog s*** cholowski was picked b4 this kid

Yeah. Cuz guys who get picked in the first round always end up better than guys drafted in the 2nd. Those idiot scouts, analysts, and general managers, how could they not know this 5 years ago?

2 minutes ago, ely s said:

Berggren is finding the net lately with 3 goals in his last 5 games, 18gp 5g 15a and Niederbach was promoted playing on the fourth line with Ehn

Playing with a defensively responsible forward might allow Niederbach to focus more on scoring. Yzerman with regret the day he let that stud get away.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Playing with a defensively responsible forward might allow Niederbach to focus more on scoring. Yzerman with regret the day he let that stud get away.

It will take pressure of him for sure but with Ehn I´m not 100% sure, Yzerman is bound to keep Fil and Nielsen. Glendening, Helm and Gagner will give us picks and two right handed shots and Erne seems to be a bit higher on Stevie´s list, so he was the odd man out.

Joe Veleno's offense just continues to disappoint. Not a surprise that guy feel to 30th overall. Looks like his two-way game is rounding out, which is a good development but man does he lack offensive creativity. You'd think he'd be an assist machine considering he's basically a guaranteed zone entry with his speed and athleticism, but so many plays just die on his stick. I'll be shocked if he ever scores 50 points in the NHL.

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Joe Veleno's offense just continues to disappoint. Not a surprise that guy feel to 30th overall. Looks like his two-way game is rounding out, which is a good development but man does he lack offensive creativity. You'd think he'd be an assist machine considering he's basically a guaranteed zone entry with his speed and athleticism, but so many plays just die on his stick. I'll be shocked if he ever scores 50 points in the NHL.

I would be shocked to see him get 50 points in the AHL.

12 hours ago, kipwinger said:

His 2 way game looks good, and I hope he continues with it. If Veleno has a Chris Draper type career he won't be a total bust.

1 hour ago, WRusco said:

His 2 way game looks good, and I hope he continues with it. If Veleno has a Chris Draper type career he won't be a total bust.

If Veleno tops out as a Draper caliber player, he wouldn't be considered a bust, but he would definitely be considered a disappointment.

To me, Veleno still has a 2C ceiling and 3C floor. He is still only 20 years old playing against men, and playing well despite not putting up monster points... *yet*. He had another nice assist in today's game, and he's looking more and more comfortable.

47 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If Veleno tops out as a Draper caliber player, he wouldn't be considered a bust, but he would definitely be considered a disappointment.

I still have high hopes for Veleno too but, c'mon, if Detroit gets a guy at pick 30 that plays 1200 games at NHL level not only is that player not a dissapointment he is a great pick!

Edited by Akakabuto

15 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I still have high hopes for Veleno too but, c'mon, if Detroit gets a guy at pick 30 that plays 1200 games at NHL level not only is that player not a dissapointment he is a great pick!

It has nothing to do with number of games played, and everything to do with topping out as a 25-35 point, career 4th line center. I love Draper, but Veleno becoming Draper 2.0 would be a MASSIVE disappointment in my opinion...

52 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It has nothing to do with number of games played, and everything to do with topping out as a 25-35 point, career 4th line center. I love Draper, but Veleno becoming Draper 2.0 would be a MASSIVE disappointment in my opinion...

Woah... then I guess Zadina is going to break your heart.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

To me, Veleno still has a 2C ceiling and 3C floor. He is still only 20 years old playing against men, and playing well despite not putting up monster points... *yet*. He had another nice assist in today's game, and he's looking more and more comfortable.

I think we all have high hopes for Veleno. Maybe to high, as I just don't see the development as higher than a bottom 6 center.

But as you noted, he's only 20. so hopefully he can pick it all up.

As for Zedina, I think he's a legit top 6 winger. I want to see Zedina, Nametsnikov and Fabbri together.

Berggren, who is also 20 and playing in a men’s league, is torching the SHL. Keep in mind he was picked after Veleno and has missed the better part of two years with injuries. That’s the difference between a guy who has natural offensive ability and one who doesn’t. In every way Veleno is further along in his development and yet he can’t out pace Berggren because he simply doesn’t have the puck skills to produce anything other than middling offensive numbers. 

He’s currently getting outpaced by Seider (A 19 year old defenseman) as well. And it’s only going to get harder to score when he gets to the NHL. I think we are looking at 40 point, two-way, 3rd line center here.

Imagine thinking all players develop at the same rate...

Berggren is playing in his 4th SHL season, on a very good Skelleftea team. Veleno is playing his first season in a foreign country, on the league worst Malmo team.

Yes, Berggren is torching the league, but Veleno hasn't been bad by any stretch. He still ranks top 10 in points per game for all U20 players (Berggren is #1, Raymond and Seider are also top 10).

I have a feeling there's a lack of watching the games and more scoreboard watching, and assuming because the points haven't been there as much as a few other guys, that "so many plays just die on his stick", which couldn't be further from reality.

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Imagine thinking all players develop at the same rate...

Berggren is playing in his 4th SHL season, on a very good Skelleftea team. Veleno is playing his first season in a foreign country, on the league worst Malmo team.

Yes, Berggren is torching the league, but Veleno hasn't been bad by any stretch. He still ranks top 10 in points per game for all U20 players (Berggren is #1, Raymond and Seider are also top 10).

I have a feeling there's a lack of watching the games and more scoreboard watching, and assuming because the points haven't been there as much as a few other guys, that "so many plays just die on his stick", which couldn't be further from reality.

Some of us here don't have the luxury of watching overseas games. We have to view highlights and posts from reading forums to glean information and form opinions.

As for Veleno I really don't care which line he is on. I'm more concerned about compete level. 

If he play as a 50-60 pt 2nd line, Great.

If he play as a 40-45 pt 3rd line, good.

If he playes as a 35-40 pt 4ht line, ok.

I just want to see 60min of hockey by the whole team.